my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




February 9th...

Had some fun perusing the 'net in search of something about my birthday...



A Letter to Three Wives [IMD -1949]



Watch it online for free HERE 
I watched this over the weekend...it's not bad considering it's ancient history!!!  I DO and have always liked Ann Sothern.  She was the 'star' of this movie in my opinion.


Number 1 song for my birthday...HERE




Song when I was conceived...Listen online HERE



Wanna know YOUR birthday song? Click HERE




- - -


IN HISTORY on February 9th...
...just a random short list
1895 Volleyball invented by W G Morgan in Massachusetts
1942 Daylight Savings War Time goes into effect in U S
1948 NBC begins broadcasting
1964 1st appearance of Beatles on "Ed Sullivan Show" (73.7 million viewers)
1980 Rick Barry, Houston, is 1st in NBA to score 8 3-pointers in a game
1997 Fox cartoon series "Simpsons" airs 167th episode the longest-running animated series in cartoon history
2016 Super Bowl 50: Denver Broncos defeat Carolina Panthers 24–10 [Love my Broncos!!!!]


...and 2017 - My annual fried food fest! Fried Gulf Shrimp and French Fries. Can't wait.

34 comments :

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! May you have many more, both birthdays and new and exciting birds. I loved Ann Southern! As a little kid, I never missed an episode of Private Secretary and the Ann Southern Show. I loved playing secretary, she was really the first working woman on a T.V. series. WAY before the beloved Mary Tyler Moore. I hope you have big plans for today, and that you have a ball!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, my birthday as I put up the title, is on the 9th. I always watched the Ann Sothern Show Too.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Anni!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Anni
    Happy Birthday to you

    I hope you have a fantastic kind of day

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a lot more interesting things happening on your birthdate, when I did mine last year I found pretty much nothing. mine was 44 and yours 49, maybe because the war was still on when I was born. Happy Birthday.. I forgot to put in our anniversary post, we were 40 and 48 when we started our 32 years. we were both married before we met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud and I have a large age difference too.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Anni! I hope your day is great! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, dear Anni! I understand that people born in February are special, and you prove it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes on your special day. Not sure they recorded events when I was born. I will check to see what my birthday song might have been tho. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you ~ make a special day ~ informative and fun post ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! Do you have special plans? I'm glad your starting it with us today. :) I listened to the songs and I like your birthday song, it made me smile and the Peggy Lee song made me laugh. :)
    Happy Birthday, Anni! I hope you have birds wake you tomorrow with a special song. :)
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy fries and shrimppy birthday! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for asking about Sim! They had to pull SIX teeth! There were pus pockets under the roots. He is not doing too well, and I think I will update everyone on my next post. At least he is eating and drinking. He is so mad at us that he sits in front of us with his back turned, he will not look at us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwwww, so sorry to hear that so many had to be pulled. But, hopefully Sim will recover. I have to laugh at how he's ignoring you with his back turned to you. What a PURRsonality.

      Delete
  12. Ann Sothern is one of my old favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to you. hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, guess what...you and my granddaughter shares a birthday!!!! Happy Birthday....

    ReplyDelete
  16. A belated Happy Birthday.. I checked out my songs.... wow....it was fun anyway. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post Anni and happy birthday today. We are just a month and 2 days apart.
    I checked the link Buttons and Bows by Doris Day was popular. Even more amazing was the fact that I was born amazing 35,813,446 ago!!
    Hugs Cecilia and Madi

    ReplyDelete

.