my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




With Pencil in Hand....

BUD: "Do you think you could draw this?" as he shows me a picture in a magazine.
ANNI: "All I can do is try." imagining my pencil moving over the sketch pad.

So, one morning before Bud got up and poured him a cuppa, I had started sketching---


1] Outlining the face..................2] Shading in the features

For a couple of days, I had to put the sketch aside so we could build some more shelves in our last closet. Then, when we finished yesterday with that project, I brought it out this morning, and sketched 'til completed...




...for the fun of it, I chose to find my own Native American Name.


Sad part of it all...I can't even begin to know how to say my own name?!!! And the meaning of my name tells me I'm rarely caught off guard....hmmmm, guess that one rare instance of being caught off guard just occurred?!!!

What's yours?  Find out HERE

21 comments :

  1. Chapawee for me.... Hmmm... think I will stick to my Christian name. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now....okay. Christian it is.

      Delete
  2. I knew you could draw whatever it was before I saw the drawing. you are truly gifted. it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, mine is Degotoga! What a talented lady you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! I always love it when you show your art! This is wonderful! It is beautiful, and professional looking. You should teach art. I cannot pronounce your name either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got a real gift. my son has trouble with human faces, but is good with animals.
    my name is...
    Your Native American name is Degotoga. Degotoga is a Cherokee name that means stands together. You are someone who is supportive and loyal to friends and you inspire unity. You stand up for your rights and for the rights of others.
    it fits me well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just call me Chapawee. Very nice drawing. You're very talented

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you can! You are so talented. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your Indian name and I said it several times, it rolls right off my tongue. And you are definitely always prepared, just like the Girl Scouts of yesteryear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You CAN pronounce it....how? lol

      Delete
  9. I can't resist those click-bait quizzes -- I got a pretty sounding Hopi name -- I think it was spelled this way Kuwalialenta. It said I was good at decorating my surroundings (not true really), but also said I was positive and happy (hope that's true).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. positive and happy....good traits!!

      Delete
  10. Otetiani, so we have the same name. I love your painting.

    ReplyDelete

.