MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




    "Can you hear me? Are you ready to shake up the world? Welcome to the revolution of love." "To the rebellion, to our refusal as women to accept this new age of tyranny. Where not just women are in danger, but all marginalized people." "It took this horrific moment of darkness to wake us the f**k up," "It seems as though we had all slipped into a false sense of comfort — that justice would prevail, and good would win in the end,” she began. "Well, good did not win this election. But good will win in the end." "To our detractors, who say this march will not amount to anything. f— you," "f— you." "Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged," she said. "Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House. But I know that this won’t change anything." She finished her speech by doing a call and response with the audience, chanting, "We choose love."
    courtesy of online news sites

I ask, how on EARTH can you use the words "LOVE" "REBELLION" "REVOLUTION" "BLOWING UP THE AMERICAN ICONIC SYMBOL" in a public speech where millions are attending and/or viewing, and not consider this a threat to our nation? She now claims it was taken out of context?!! What's that supposed to mean? Her words were vile, stirred up a lot [check out the video and notice the reaction of silence after those words were spoken...they too know it was an act of treason].  The celebrity women who shared their views in other speeches, I hope they know, did more harm than good.  Their words echoed those of back room brawl talk and belittled us American women who choose to accept the inevitable outcome of the election and thrive to move on!!!!!!


Also, another thing that I need to get off my chest [so to speak].  What is it with the "Pussy Hats" this past Saturday during the Women's March around USA?  Pussy?  Isn't that one of the words, at the time of campaigning, that Trump was highly criticized of using long ago with his, private,  "locker room" talk?   I understand that you can purchase these online...is that not a form of capitalism which so many are dead-set against? In my opinion, the symbolism is defeat. It's showing a weakness in the gender, and reticence of what this is all about.


NOW....I'll let you in on a secret. My sister, single at the time;  just newly graduated from college, she worked for a Senator when in Washington D. C. for nearly 10 years before becoming a teacher. Anyway, I remember a conversation I had with her while she was in the office of the Senator for whom she worked....the letters [before email era] from the private citizens went through HER first. She read them, and if they were complaints, asking for favors, or having no interest of keeping the Senator in his Congressional seat...the letters were stamped "File 13 T.S.", and got shredded and thrown out. The Senator himself NEVER read or was never bothered with them. In turn, the next step of this Women's March is to write your senators and representatives. The site has where you type in your zip code to find [if you don't know who they are --what a shame!] to whom you write. Ummmmm, will they read them? Probably not. Things have not changed over the last 50 years.

By the way, I saw the rubber stamp when visiting with her [I also got a tour of the senate chambers via an underground tunnel]...I asked her what the "T. S." meant.  She replied "Tough Sh*t".


I have so many thoughts running through my mind since Saturday's Women's March, that I can't write it all down.  I did choose one of Aesop's Fables as an example of what I'm feeling [above my blog post; framed in]. Another thought of very much consideration is those that also heard her "blowing up the White House"...there are sick minds that will do just that in order to be compliant in an excessive degree all to make her happy!!   I needed to vent after listening to Madam "Vogue's" speech!!

I don't expect many comments being this rant is political, but will accept those that aren't derogatory.  Let me reiterate, I admire and respect the right to opinion without violence!!  But when there is a national threat even by words of those speakers, I tend to get a bit riled myself!   If you choose to be hateful after reading my stand on this speech and my afterthoughts, I will delete!!!




20 comments :

  1. I agree 100%... These speeches were vile.... I had to shut off Ashley Judds speech. People who had their children with them let them listen to this hate.... Good Christian People will prevail. Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children attending....that is one aspect I hadn't thought of in all this turmoil! You're so right.

      Delete
  2. I agree Anni!!! I am just terribly sad that all this has happened. I know that there are a lot of GOOD men, but to me it seems that evil is overcoming. We KNOW that good will prevail n the end, so this is our hope. The women at the march were not a good example! And another thought is that all these women marching, and it will not change things! Except that many of them will now get a bad name! This is a very sad time for the country, that is for sure. People fighting for GOOD need to ACT good. I know they were very angry, as many of us are, but many used their anger to their own embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evil...overcoming. True. They need to ACT good...true.

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you. The behavior of some of these people is rediculous not to mention juvenile and disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so blessed I spent my formative years in the 1950's !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - it's so sad to see this. I saw something interesting on FB, that said something about - what do women in other countries think as they see this; the women who can't wear what they want to wear, can't show their faces, can't even choose who they want to marry, or not... What would they think to see these women marching wearing vagina costumes, chanting horrible things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all boggles my mind!! Thing is, they [the women at the march] forget Billy and Monica!!!!!

      Delete
  6. I am saddened by the way women are acting. It's a shame! Thank you for speaking out so elequently. I'm so rattled I'm tongue tied. Can this BE??? What happened to us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all so disheartening!!

      Delete
  7. I never heard that Aesop fable before. Both side of the political side does have there nut cases
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fable is the first thing I thought of when I was listening to Madam M's speech.

      Delete
  8. Thank goodness, a sane voice in the darkness *hee heee hee* I'm behind you 100%, this whole episode is an embarrassment to themselves. 'Real' women have common sense and are smart enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My!!! A stranger in my midst. How are you? Love your poem today...it's so fitting of not only life of some, but how the world is today. At least that's how I have felt with all the negative in America and around us.

      Do hope you're doing well my friend. And it's good to know you agree...yes, it IS an embarrassment not only of themselves but for all us women!! My goodness.

      Delete
  9. I am glad you posted this. It says everything that I have been thinking since the weekend. I had a heaviness in my heart that hung over me and could not even sleep. I couldn't believe what I hearing and seeing. They do not represent me as a woman in any way, shape or form. May God have mercy on them and on our country. Again, I say thank you for speaking up, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I had to 'say' it.

      Delete
  10. Oh, Annie, if these women were so concerned about women, why aren't they over in other countries where women are really abused and have no rights?

    Also some on this same side...the movie stars and the elite...they act like the business men of this country are evil, but look at what they get paid....for doing nothing but running their mouth. Oh, they keep an industry going that caters to them.

    Which leads to another thing...I would love to know what they pay their help...those that do the menial tasks. I would give anything to know that. I bet it is the lowest rate going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...true! It's all so irksome and demeaning for us women who feel very cheated by their insane stand.

      Delete

.