my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


You'll Go Down in His-s-s-tor-r-ry!!

WATER UPDATE

Late Sunday afternoon, the city of Corpus Christi's tap water ban was lifted. Of all the over two dozen water samples sent in for testing, the results were negative for any poisoning. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry...from what I read online that afternoon, the testing and observing for further contaminates will continue for weeks. We residents have been given an 'all clear' for the use of showering, cooking, laundering, drinking, with the tap water. I'm going to be a bit leery from here on out. ONLY using the water from the pipes when necessary. I think I will continue to use bottled water from now on with my cooking. I'm not sure I even want to dine out in a restaurant because of the water treatment any more.  But on 2nd thought, I'm sure there are many many MORE hidden secrets behind the kitchen doors in a restaurant other than the water situation.   And for me, trust with government officials just flew out the window in my household! [what else is new?] LOL


SCARFACE

If you have visited me and recall reading a recent post from a while ago, you may remember the white tailed deer and the yearling I spotted at Bazemore Park...I fell head over heals for the yearling that I dubbed "Scarface" since it had a healed over scar on its muzzle. Over and over in my head, I envisioned the cute critter!  Eventually, I convinced myself I had to attempt sketching it.  And since it was too cold to be out in the open fields walking on Sunday, I watched a couple of movies, and then...another sketch!  I found this task a bit difficult, demanding, and way too much use of my art eraser this time. First the eyes are too large [but for me, deer eyes are hypnotically pretty], the muzzle was too long, then after re-drawing it, too short. The shading and tendons with the ears and jawline aren't showing as they should in my opinion. I find many faults with this one. But, I'm done with it!! Maybe some other time I will retry with a clean slate! Maybe.



NOTE TO SELF

Get my driver's license renewed! It expires on my birthday that's only a couple months away. Texas law tells me I can renew it 1 year prior, and or 2 years after [?]!! I don't understand this...if it expires on your birthday, why can I wait 2 years after the fact? Makes no sense at all....it's expired!! Any logic in this? No. At least I don't think so. Again, government issues puzzle the heck outta me. Maybe it's my age. Which brings me to another quandary. If I am allowed to renew online/snail mail, without physically going to the DMV, do they use the OLD photo from 6 years ago? Now, that makes sense [sarcasm]...I don't have as many wrinkles on my photo from back then...the cops [If I need to show my valid license] will surely think I'm having a bad hair day, or I aged 6 years overnight!!



AN EARWORM of a song

You know...
Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall
The most famous reindeer of all...


...the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows
All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor

Join in any reindeer games
Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say

with your nose so bright
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"
Then how the reindeer loved him
As they shouted out with glee

the Red-Nosed Reindeer
You'll go down in history"







26 comments :

  1. Anni, I thought about you when I heard about the water situation in Corpus Christi. I'm glad it is resolved more satisfactorily than that in Flint, Michigan.
    Lovely deer sketch! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern Florence. And thanks for the deer compliment.

      Delete
  2. Hello, I also heard about the water situation in your area. I am glad it is over. We drink bottled water and use it for cooking too. The water here taste awful. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and the new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We drink bottled water all the time, but I usually cook with tap water. Not any more, from here on out.

      That's the way Tucson's water was [like yours]....very skanky.

      Delete
  3. It's kinda good idea to have driving licence expiry date to coincide with your birthday. We have just started this in our country.

    Sorry about your water woes over there. Kinda scary to have contaminated water. Totally agree with you on what we dont see behind a restaurant kitchen door

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have just proved by this post that we are our own worst critics. That dear is absolutely precious. Now you know what song I will be singing all day. Glad to hear the Water Crisis is under control and I am with you I would be using that bottle water too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...earworms!! rofl Thanks Sandra.

      Delete
  5. I saw that your water "may" be ok. Agree with your plan to use bottled water more. Thank goodness our well water seems to still be Ok after all thee years, though heavy in minerals. It is difficult to draw a critter heads on...Depth seeps to be the difficulty, even with shading. Good try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on the minerals if it's good or not.

      Delete
  6. I am so glad about your water! But I agree with you, for awhile it is safer to use bottled water for cooking and drinking. The driver's license thing makes no sense whatever! I think they arrange the whole thing just for their own convenience. Your deer is gorgeous! You got the big hypnotic eyes perfectly! What a sweet drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right ginny...they do things for THEIR covenience. Thanks again.

      Delete
  7. Love your deer, and your songs, Anni. We just had a conversation about the names of the reindeer, and we discussed the gender of "Donner." Male or female? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to say...what did y'all come up with...male or female?

      Delete
  8. Our choir actually sang all these Christmas tunes in a tree this past weekend! We had fun until the cold front came in. Have a wonderful Christmas Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...cold weather puts a damper on the fun, doesn't it?

      Delete
  9. we buy bottled water...bpa free. we don't know what or who we can trust anymore.
    that deer is so adorable! she looks real! those eyes are amazing! if you ever do a giveaway of a drawing it should be this one and let me know because I want my name in the drawing!!!
    happy Christmas week!
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie...I will have to consider drawing something for a giveaway. That's a good idea!!

      Delete
  10. Well you may not be satisfied with your deer sketch but it's way better than anything I could do
    I wonder if your DMV needs a refresher on the definition of expired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, huh? Only in Texas.

      Delete
  11. Woohoooooo!!!!!! Congrats on the water! You dont realize how important water is till it is gone.. we are in the middle of the California drought and it stinks to be without water in ample supply! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CA is still in a drought? I hadn't realized. I knew of it, but thought it was 'over'.

      Delete
  12. Awww what a darling little deer. Glad the water is at least good enough to flush with. I would be afraid to drink it too. I don't drink ours but then how do we know where bottled water comes from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right....Bud and I have thought the very same...who knows just what goes into the BOTTLED WATER?!!!
      Thanks Paula.

      Delete
  13. In my small town you have to show up in person to renew the license! I would mail it in, if I could. Good to hear that your water situation has been resolved. Every now and again we receive a notice that our water exceeded the normal limits for certain bacteria, etc... You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, this is the 3rd time for water woes/bad water contamination in a year! People are protesting around city hall.

      Ya, I like the idea of not having to wait in line to renew licenses.

      Delete

.