MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Let It Snow? Nah!!!

HOLIDAY DIY PROJECTS

Some of these are really kinda cool!! 60 Christmas DIY ideas Most of them look really simple and easy to make. Most are from scraps found around the house - or can be made inexpensively from shopping at the Dollar Store!! I liked several of the items and ideas, but the one that I would like to do someday is the rubber ball and tin bucket decoration as seen in the site's photo on the very top [see the image with the yellow, orange, green and red ball ornaments]!! The possibilities for that particular craft could be endless. I also liked the snowmen made from scrap beveled wood pieces. Great find!!

- - -

LET IT SNOW - ELSEWHERE

After my early morning walk in the cold air with overcast sky, before the rain came that was a threat all along the pathways.   I scouted out an area and spotted a couple of 'newly arrived' winter bird families near the North Bay.  Arriving back home, waiting for a load of laundry to get done in the dryer, I began sketching. I had talked with my sister on the phone and she told me it was 17 degrees where she lived and that that cold front had left a skiff of snow. Which, made me think of building a snowman.  By then, it was pouring rain here, the wind was gusting, and the chill factor was downright COLD!!  In South Texas where the grass is green and the mowing continues almost year 'round, this is as close as I could get to creating a carrot-nosed yard adornment..

I began with the outlining - then using my # 5 sketch pencil, I started shading in...



...after three more loads of laundry and that job done, I also completed my snowman! The afternoon sky cleared and the sun came out. No more wintry weather here. For now. In a couple of days, the predicted high temps will be back in the mid-70s. Just like I like it!!



- - -

HUMOROUS and SCARY at the SAME TIME

Erik sent me this video link that scared the heck outta me! Yet, I really had to laugh!! We Americans actually HAVE these kind of thinkers representing us?!! Oh my lord!! He's been serving [a state representative] since 2007 from the state of Georgia.  And he remains in office; that's the scary part.   With a statement like in the video - in so many words, he thinks with the over-population of the island of Guam it will eventually make the island capsize?!!!!  Unreal.  Listen to the video...it'll boggle your mind.

Then, a few days later, Erik sends me this  -  I had to laugh even harder!!! I don't have any clue as to where this image was found, but it's not mine and I take no credit; no copyright infringement intended.  Perhaps it'll make you giggle ...or cry!!.

Guam - Capsizing...LOL


- - -


AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Most times I like buying from the local stores, but sometimes I DO go online and order. I bought a new Christmas Shirt [it's wet right now 'cause it's been hand washed from the shipment processing and handling, so no photo]. Anyway, I'm wondering, am I the only one that does this first when it's in my possession? I tend to itch like crazy on the back of the neck if the manufacturing tag/label remains! Yep, first thing I do is get a needle and a pair of scissors and I'll take as long as it takes to break the thread and slowly cut the thread and pull...getting the tag completely OFF!! The Old Navy t-shirts and Fruit of the Loom had an ingenious idea to STAMP the info on the back of the shirts. YES!! No scratchy-itchy all day long. Every company should follow suit. In the meantime, I pull and cut, pull and cut!!


- - -


MY PRETTY KITTY
age in human years: 19 years

28 comments :

  1. LOVE seeing your sweet kitty! And your awesome snowman! I always love seeing your art! You are so talented! It always looks professional. Well, if a tag scratches me, I take a pair of small sewing scissors and cut it off really close to the fabric. I go under the seam allowance, and have become good at doing it quickly without cutting into the fabric. Why don't more companies do like Fruit Of The Loom? It would benefit both them and us. Them because we cannot cut their label off. And us because no scratching. But I do hate it when I buy clothes at Goodwill, and the previous owner took the tag off. I have no idea of the brand or care instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular tag was stitched INTO the shirt...the seam allowance wasn't even open to get to the backside.

      Thanks for the compliment on my snowman today, Ginny!!

      Delete
  2. I hear you about those scratchy labels. I did have one imprinted shirt that had scratchy printing! Can you believe it? And I too love your snowman. You are a very talented artist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww, I've never had that problem with the imprint/ink. Hope to never experience that. Thanks D J

      Delete
  3. I wish dogs lived 19 years and your kitty is beautiful. I remove every label on everything. even those that say do not remove this label. they come on sheets and blankets and they itch my neck to.. that snowman is really really cute. you have a gift and I am trying not to be jealous, but I am still a little jealous. not fair, you are a gifted photographer plus sketching and painting. did I say not fair??? I went to the diy and am gong back. amazing projects in there. I can't do them but I like to look and wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rip those blanket tags off too.

      Thanks for the compliments Sandra.

      Delete
  4. Oh Anni what a fun filled and interesting post. I love your snowman sketch.
    I too wash everything before I wear it and I love tops with stamped information.
    Oh my word Tahoe is 19. I had no idea what a beauty
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she's our Queen of Ancient. Thanks M&M

      Delete
  5. Ha - I like that you DREW a snowman. Your sis is right, it's downright frigid in CO. However, we had a long mild fall and even now our snowpack is below normal. Looks like you're busy decorating for Christmas and kitty is helping. I wash everything before wearing because of my formaldehyde allergy, and I always remove the scratchy tags. I hate when a tag is sewn in the hem of a scarf and is terribly hard to remove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your comments closed for so long on your own blog, I was wondering how you're faring. Glad to read your most recent report on doing well!!!

      Thanks Barb. Yep, it's COLD in Colorful Colorado.

      Delete
  6. First your snowman is a fine drawing! Then you hit me with the evil labels. I hated them so much that there wasn't even ONE on a piece of my kids clothes for over 60 years! The expert at removal lives here in PA. P.S. Does anyone else besides me wear socks and underwear inside out because of seams rubbing tender skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Evil" labels. You certainly used the correct moniker for those nasties!!!

      Thanks for the drawing compliment Ms. G

      Delete
  7. Some of those craft ideas are fantastic. Love your snowman and the one in your header too.
    I don't know if I would have the patience to carefully remove the tags from shirts but I hate them. Most of my shirts are tagless but I wore one the other day that had a tag in it and it drove me nuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secretly, when I perused the site, I thought of you right away.

      Thanks Ann

      Delete
  8. Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! Your cat!!!!!!! The crazy cat lady in me is so happy! You are officially an awesome human being for having such a cute cat. (Yes, that is all that it takes to be good in my book, haha!) - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm crazy about my dear kitty!!!

      Delete
  9. I saw the video of that Representative before and thought it explained some of this messes this country has gotten into!
    I love, love, love your snowman and wish I had just an inkling of your talent!
    I hate itchy tags, but not enough to remove them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...I seriously would be scratching all day if I didn't take the time to remove them.

      Thanks Mari, and yes, those that represent us with this way of thinking surely has put us in dire straits.

      Delete
  10. I loved living in south Texas except that sometimes in the winter when I was flying somewhere else I would forget it is not 70 degrees in New Mexico or Oklahoma so first order of business was going to walmart for a cheap coat. Give me sunny skies and warm temperatures anytime at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I know....in Colorado this morning's low was -6 [MINUS]. I'll take the sunny days of South Texas during the winter any ol' day.

      Delete
  11. your kitty is beautiful :) hugs to her from me!
    my uncle told me about this guy being concerned that Guam would capsize!!!!! I can't stop laughing! should he not be release of his duties?!?! seriously?! I'm laughing and crying as I type this...it's something that a very young child would say. I'll be laughing all day again, thank you for this hilarious reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beyond my comprehension what that man is thinking? Stupidity, senility? What? But he sure as heck shouldn't be in Congress.

      It is a laughing matter, but still....I could cry that voters actually keep this kind in office.

      Delete
  12. btw you're a fantastic artist!
    hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, 70 degrees....I could live with that! Love your sweet snowman! You have to frame that! Oh, people believe the strangest things, don't they? My Mr. ships product to Guam for his company (snack company) and the man he contacts has never mentioned the island tipping - haha! Maybe people are getting fatter on one side of the island due to my Mr. and there is some danger there.....Lol! Love your sweet kitty. Mine is 18 and still going strong, although she complains alot, poor thing. Hope your week has some warm sunshine. Send me some, will ya? xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their thoughts [especially ones like this] should be kept to themselves! rofl

      I'll send you some sunshine if you keep the snow to yourself. rofl

      Delete
  14. Love the snowman sketch!
    Yes, I wash new clothes before wearing them, but tags don't bother me (and I am thankful for that).
    We have rain and 54F this morning in north Mississippi. I am taking a friend to her chemo treatment today. Hope the rain stops before then.

    ReplyDelete

.