MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Family....


Just this past week, at the cemetery, I walk the paved pathways, and found this. I thought it was fitting for the memory of Sharon...
This pink carnation was lain atop a headstone...poignant. For an instant it made my heart skip a beat!!



It's been a while since I've posted here, and a week of family loss. Altho my brother and sister-in-law divorced many years ago, I just recently got word  that Sharon [my ex SIL, not my sister] was found in her bed by her son, my nephew. She had passed away. I am in shock...she was a couple of years younger than I am. It's been a quiet few days for me, reflecting on my nephew's loss of his beloved mother; what he must be going through emotionally and physically!! John, my nephew, and his wife have three young sons. What a tragedy for them also. It's heart wrenching to get news like this, even tho Sharon was estranged from her in-laws, I can't help but feel a need for quiet and solitude and deep thoughts for what the family is going through and what lies ahead for them all..

May we all find peace of mind in these images...




22 comments :

  1. LOVELY GROUP OF BEAUTIFUL SIGHTS TO HELP TO THINK OF BETTER TIMES. IT IS HARD TO ALWAYS UNDERSTAND THE WHYS AND REASONS.BLESSIG TO YOU AND ALL THE FAMILIES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, thank you for your kind words of condolence with my SIL's unexpected passing. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry. It is always a shock when anyone we know dies; as if it is just not right. The simple flower with the sun on it on the headstone is so beautiful, and represents hope and renewal.I think there is a Passion flower here, I have never seen a real one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, you've made me feel comfort with your words...thanks.

      Delete
  3. My heart goes out to the family who, no doubt are hurting deeply right now.You have shared lovely images to go with this loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures. I also have a friend whose mother passed without warning, and she was younger than me. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, dear friend!

      Delete
  5. Sorry for your lost. But some what a path speaks to me for so many different ways.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, thank you for your kind words of condolence with my SIL's unexpected passing. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photos again Anni. I'm sorry for your loss. Divorce may separate yiu physically, but she was a part of the family at one point, and she will always have a piece of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, your words are very comforting.

      Delete
  7. My sympathy to this family. I know how you feel, because I am still friends with an ex-sister-in-law. In fact I spoke with her on the phone today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your sympathy Paula

      Delete
  8. I, too know how hard your loss is because my ex-SIL is still my very best friend. I can't imagine her leaving me suddenly but realize we all die. The mending will begin for all but this is the grieving time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slowly getting back, thanks Ms. G

      Delete
  9. numbers 1 and 8 are breathtaking to me. Sorry for your loss, my brothers wife is like a sister to me and I would mourn her as much or more than my brother. prayers for the family that is left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first one is quite lovely. Thoughts and prayers for John and the family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words mean so much to me Ann, thanks.

      Delete
  11. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

.