my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Is This for REAL?

UNREAL
 
 


Trump's son is killing wooly mammoths, sabre tooth tigers, triceratops!!! Do YOU think they have the right to slay these endangered beasts? Watch this: PRICELESS. You just hafta take time to watch this five minute video to get the whole gist of what I am about to share. So, click on the link "priceless"...watch it and then come back here...

I always have to read the insipid comments after such a video. Are people really this lame? They're  [the ones being interviewed here] voting in November? Here are some comments to come up the pipeline:


Jonny W 1 week ago
If you see any of these animals in real life, by all means blow it to hell and back. We've all seen the Jurassic Park movies.

Papa P 1 week ago
I weep for the species.
    1tired citizen 1 week ago Do you mean those species that are extinct or the ones that are answering these questions?
Ӎiкә К 1 week ago
I don't want to live in this world anymore...
    Luis P 1 week ago At least not California

- - -Of course, I'm pretty sure this is all a staged production. At least I HOPE SO!! If not, and they ARE this stupid, I'm pretty sure we as a race are doomed!


REAL - REAL ESTATE

My sister texted me a photo of her Sunday Drive thru the Mountains near her home to show me the Aspen trees in all their glory. This is in Ouray County, Colorado. The background 'mountain' is Chimney Peak in the Sawtooth Mountain Range of the San Juan Mountains. The town nearby is Ridgeway. The elevation of this peak is 11,781 feet high. For over 50 years, when I lived in Colorado, we as a family, always took a drive to the high country to view the Aspen in Autumn. It's a spectacle that is definitely a life's pleasure. By the way, the Chimney Peak Ranch is for sale....asking price....$28+ million!!!



REAL ITY

At times I'm a cloud watcher too! I just saw a perfect 'heart' in the clouds, rushed inside to get my cellphone...went back outdoors, and the 'heart' was no longer shaped so. Bummer. But here is a trio I've found. And at the time, I had camera in hand - [the first two] I was looking UP to see hawks fly over in migration form.  [the third photo of the 'witch' flying in the sky was taken back on a birding trek IN JUNE]...


"X" Marks the Spot!


Texas Lone Star!


A Flying Witch



REAL BEAUTY

From a couple of weeks ago, I had mentioned I attended the hawk watch in a suburban park about 25-30 miles from Corpus Christi...Hazel Bazemore Park which hosts the annual watch from mid August thru the end of November. The hawk watch platform is a permanent watch tower, and year 'round you can view the prairie grasses at a far distance, view the nearby ponds and scout the riverbanks, search through the tree tops, watch for javelinas and white tailed deer...all wildlife, plus birds that are residents of South Texas and migratory birds. During the weekend presentations, the Sky King Falconry had exhibits of wild, trained, birds. I mentioned that one bird, a falcon, I couldn't remember which species it was. So, I emailed Sky King Falconry and asked. The gentleman was kind enough to send me an answer. It is a Saker Falcon...known to be a European breed [Not of the new world]. He also added that this Saker's name is Kriger [CRY gurr]. So, after receiving its ID, I will share the photos I took...


37 comments :

  1. wow on the cloud shots.. I can see them all.. I am very much afraid that video is not staged and they were asking stupid questions to see what people would say.. now I am even more scared than I was...about our world I mean. sitting here watching the Russians bombing the Syrians and all that type stuff that I thought years ago was over. it has no end.
    beautiful aspens, awe inspiring to me... that falcon is gorgeous. love the colors of the feathers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is ONE BIG reason we don't have TV any more. I hate seeing this...

      Delete
  2. Anni - I thought at first you were visiting sis in CO! Our leaves are really coming down because of wind today. I often wonder, "Are people really that gullible?" (I'm afraid of the answer.) Great falcon shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I could exist in the high elevations with my heart problems. I let her come to ME. lol

      A short Autumn in the mountains, I know. But still...it's the most beautiful time of year in the high country.

      Delete
  3. OH my word you nailed the clouds! They look exactly as you stated. The flying witch is amazing. What a beautiful falcon and the Aspen trees against the sky!! Breathtaking.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do a double take and turn around from where I parked the car, to get back and get the right angle for that witch cloud. I couldn't believe my eyes and had to show Bud the photo off the camera to get HIS opinion.

      Thanks M&M

      Delete
  4. Wonderful nature shots ~ sky is ominous and that bird is unique ~ thanks !

    Wishing you a Happy Week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cloud photos are wonderful to see. Amazingly clear figures in those clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't watch the video. For some reason my computer is very slow at playing them and 5 minutes would take twice that.
    The clouds are awesome. I saw an X just like yours the other day. I even pulled over to take a picture of it. The witch one is pretty awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogging really keeps us primed for photography, doesn’t it?

      Delete
  7. Love your clouds, especially the witch. And that falcon is so beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...that falcon was stunning.

      Delete
  8. Crazy video!! But does not surprise me. I see the star and the witch! And they are so perfect! Why do they put those blindfolds on the falcons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know why ginny

      Delete
  9. It is frightening to watch a video like that and know that those people are voting!
    I love the golden aspen - so pretty!
    When we were driving on our vacation a few weeks ago, we did a lot of cloud watching, and pointing out what we saw. You saw some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vacation..
      Good to have you two home & safe.

      Delete
  10. Like your cloud pictures. Sorry you missed the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...it was a real awesome heart.

      Delete
  11. 28 Million it lost me way back when.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the clouds!
    We are eagerly waiting for our leaves to turn
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the video makes me laugh and cry! wow...my son learned about dinosaurs when he was about four. lol I don't think the big game hunting is okay, but it won't stop me from voting for Trump. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those clouds - amazing! I never believe anything I see on tv anymore.....Love the fall photo. x K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear on the video but can't help but think these things are staged. I used to watch Jay Leno interview people in the street and ask them questions on geography, current events, and the answers were really interesting. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ;)

    Oh if only I had $28 million. I would turn as much as I could into a wildlife sanctuary. That's a beautiful photo your sister sent you.

    Loved the cloud pics and that beautiful Saker Falcon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I say...'oh dear'! Thanks for all your kind words.

      Delete
  16. great series - (I couldn't open the video clip); the autumn colours started; so nice with a contre-jour light; that's quite a capture- one doesn't find such shapes of clouds every day; and last, but not least - a magnificent bird - how nice (and kind) that you were able to identify it. really interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...too bad the video wouldn't open tho.

      Delete
  17. Love aspens...I want to be buried in a field of them! We made it to Colorado one fall at just the perfect time to see the changing colors and I will never forget the aspens. I cloud watch too- always seeing shapes others don't. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorado is exceptionally pretty in Autumn. And I'm there with you when it comes to cloud formations; sometimes I see what others don't.

      Delete
  18. Awesome cloud pictures. I remember lying in my little red wagon when I was a small child and I saw all sorts of creatures in the clouds. They are still out there! Presently I have friends who travel to see family in Colorado and send back colorful scenes. That is an incredible falcon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya...me too, as a child & yet today. Wishing they didn't have the falcon's eyes covered.

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos...I just left Facebook over politics..I can't keep quiet anymore and in talking, I made people angry...but hate mongering and all the lewdness that is just forgiven as boy talk got to me. What do we look like to the rest of the world?..Michelle

    ReplyDelete

.