“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Ding Dong The Witch is Dead


IRENE'S WREATH
about 30" in diameter




It's done...the OZ wreath has been shipped!
As of this post, it's still enroute to Irene's home. Tracking slip shows me it will arrive on the 22nd sometime before midnight. I hope she likes it. The wreath is grapevine, the tornado is made from a grapevine cone, trimmed and bent into shape. The witch's broom is a piece of dowel with straw attached for bristles. Black 'tornado damaged feathers' give off contrast. "Welcome My Little Pretties" is cut from wood, the house is grooved paneling and mini-Popsicle sticks window with terry fringe for a "ripped and damaged" curtain, a screw for a door handle. The witch hat is 3D and stuffed, the ruby slippers from the Wicked Witch of the East is a floral pick I found at Hobby Lobby...






14 comments :

  1. How creative! It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be the perfect ornament for Halloween!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this. Clever idea. I really like how you did the tornado

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni it is gorgeous. I love all the little points of interest on it. Tornado and feet.
    Irene will love it.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! But that tornado is inspired indeed. It's your time of year, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Anni! You are creative. I love the wreath. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know she will LOVE this.. it really is so cute and creative. love the shoes and the tornado, my two favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOO, this is waaaay too cute. You did an excellent job....she is gonna love this to pieces...I love all the parts of the wreath but the tornado is a work of art...LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hooray for getting rid of the wicked witch! This is really very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh MY!! You are a superb crafter! I could never even think of these ideas! To make them all up in your head, then execute them so beautifully. You could sell your things so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to you! The detail were carefully planned and executed, resulting in an amazing wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Great creativity...I love that curtain!

    ReplyDelete

.