MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Into the Woods* * *...

At one of our favorite birding areas, it seems the city is clearing out a lot of debris and deadwood to perhaps make a new trail! Bud and I explored it. The area is at the backside of a heavily wooded outcropping, and it was beautiful being that the quietude of it all and clear sky with warm sunlight filtering through was perfect for hearing the sounds of nature! I'm sure by mid Spring, once the trees are leafed out, I'll need to have some insect repellent carried with me ...oh the mosquitoes!! The third photo from top has a Golden Crowned Woodpecker [enlarge the photo]...







At the entrance area we decided to take, we saw the white flowers in full bloom by the gate...Besides the denseness of the trees, we not only saw the wildflowers, but noticed 5 vultures circling high above in the clearing. When we made a turn-about, the same vultures had taken a rest atop the branches. Hmmmm, were they waiting for us to fall and break our necks perhaps? A free lunch buffet?...









* * * I have TWO posts today. The other, by clicking here will show you my CONSTANT CRAVING. And there you'll find my comment box for the day...


or...this link with the hash mark. It may or may not work.

COMMENT FORM - found on my 2nd post for the day.