MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Title-ing

Monday, again, it was cold. The chill factor was in the high 30s low 40s even tho the thermometer told us it was high 40s to low 50s for most of the day. The sky, again, was overcast. My house work was done, I had concocted a rigatoni and sausage soup for dinner in the slow cooker....I wasn't in the mood to read, nor being on the computer. Bored as I was, I popped me some popcorn to munch on, and, I took out my sketch pad and began another pencil work of a favorite bird [one of a whole slew of 'favorites']. This time an owl. I had saved this image on my smart phone's gallery in hopes of someday to open the image and draw it. I worked on it off and on during the day and finished it this morning...


I had Silent Sentinel, The Fortress Guardian, and Command Post listed in my thoughts for giving this new sketch of mine a title.

I finally picked one....






Title: COMMAND POST



Leaving the breast clean of feathers, I decided to add another simple sketch of an owl in flight and a bit of 'scroll work' for a 'fantasy effect'. I worked on the owl in flight with a bit of overtime involved. My first attempt, the owl head looked more like a monkey's head. So, the eraser came in to the project!! LOL...after rounding the owl's head a bit more and adding the ear tuft feathers it now resembles an owl more than a monkey in my opinion...tho, far from professional!!  The sketch pad has been packed away for another rainy day!!

44 comments :

  1. It's fun, Annie! I like the pretty eyes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, awesome owl sketch. Happy Tuesday, enjoy the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! He's NEAT! I like his sharp claw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyes have that "come hither" look! What fun for a dreary winter day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it....they do. :0)

      Delete
  5. You are a fantastic artist, Anni! You need to design one of those adult coloring books! Mr. Owl is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you've reminded me of those...I would dearly love to have one of those!!! I need to find one. And buy come crayons. :o)

      Delete
  6. ...oh, and your blog header is stunning too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments Debby.

      Delete
  7. Not only do you get great photos,but you are also a great artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....why, thank you Ruth!! That means a lot to me.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, you are a wonderful artist! I like your first birding photo too, it's stunning, the lighting is perfect to set a relaxing mood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Anni, you are such a talented artist indeed and I do love the owl!! AND I do SO look forward to your blog/pictures every day!! Thank you as always for sharing!! Have a great weekend!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....thanks so much Sylvia.

      Delete
  10. The eyes have it Anni. I think you captured real expression in the owl's face. Not sure if he's watching you watching him or giving you a look of disapproval but it's sure there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like and appreciate your input Phil. Thanks!!!

      Delete
  11. i love it an the title. if i could sketch like this i might never compute again... true talent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like it. I wish I could sketch like that. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the owl sketch. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very talented! Wish I could do something like that but my sketches never look like what I intended. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've had plenty of those "this doesn't look right at all"....file 13 type sketches. Thanks Mick.

      Delete
  15. You never to cease to amaze me!!! Beautiful work!! Really REALLY beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....as I always LOVE seeing your artwork and especially the santa paintings.

      Delete
  16. If I could sketch like you, my sketch pad would always be out. This is wonderfully done ... capturing the personality as well as the features. What a gift you have ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Anni, beautiful. Owls are my totem animal and they have been featuring quite prominently recently, from an owl garden thingy, to scarves and even owl Christmas decorations given to me. Now you. Yip, the Owl is near *grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way cool to know that...I used to know my totem but have forgotten.

      Delete
  18. ANNI THE OWL IS GORGEOUS. DO YOU SKETCH FROM MEMORY OR DO YOU TAKE A PHOTO FIRST.
    HUGS MADI AND CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times, like I mentioned in the post, it's usually a photo found online that I save.

      Delete
  19. I love your sketch, Anni, especially the main owl. It appears to be completely disinterested in its smaller cousin flying around on its chest.
    I'm happy to be back to a wee bit of blogging, and delighted to see your sketch.
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay...and welcome back!!

      Delete
  20. It's a beautiful sketch! I just did placemats for my nephew and his wife. His had a grizzly bear on it, and hers an owl because she loves them. I will share the owl placemat....hadn't thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and Marie, I look forward to viewing the placemats you've made!!

      Delete
  21. I had such a hard time trying to bring up the comments section this morning, whew. Oh another artist and I love this Owl Anni. Very talented! So do we get to view the finished art piece? Have a great day in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added the finished image...it must not have loaded for you. Sorry 'bout that.

      Delete
  22. Hello Annie!:) This is beautifully done, I love it!:)

    ReplyDelete

.