“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Lights...camera....Anni in Action

No, there is no video of me, nor any photos of me at all. It's just the Anni in 'action' of me carrying my cellphone/camera around the house taking photos of the lights and holiday scenery---

Sadly, over the years, we've had outdoor decorations stolen from our yard. We're not the only ones. So, in order to keep these two reindeer safe at home for the season, we put them up INDOORS and enjoy the animated buck as he protects his lovely doe! [animated means when lighted his head lifts up and down in slow motion]

Carved Santa Head in center of pine wreath - lighted opening between kitchen and dining room

I bought this ornament the year my father died...he was the great fisherman!!  - Santa hat

Artificial Poinsettia in Pine Basket - Frosted Fruit and pine cones embedded in a pine bough

Glass Lighted Tree [we have three] atop a blanket of snow - Santa's Lantern

A whimisical Santa - Resin Nutcracker

Frosted Icicles adorning our tree - Santa Ornaments

One of Santa's Gift Boxes on his Sleigh - candle and pine, lighted garland

REAL poinsettia plant - A hand painted ceramic tea pot with cardinals [the entire set is sitting on the dining room hutch]

Cardinal Snowman Tea Light Candle Holder - Frost Speckled Glitter Snowflakes on Tree


... And the reason I took the cellphone for the use of the camera? These two, Tahoe and Winston, on my Santa Afghan!!  They're like two young kids on Christmas morn....can hardly wait until it's unpacked and opened for THEM alone!  No one else gets to use it...heck....it is full of cat hair within only a few hours!!


40 comments :

  1. What? You mean it's not for them? You must be mistaken...lol
    Love all your decorations. Your house must look so pretty. That's pretty sad that people would steal Christmas decorations but it happens all too often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....all too often, and it is sad. As I type this comment reply, both cats haven't moved off the afghan all day.

      Delete
  2. Love the Christmas atmosphere in your home. Your cats are adorable!!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and highly spoiled they are!!! Thanks Mersad.

      Delete
  3. I really like the hand carved Santa... I used to have about 40 Santas and still love them, but am down to 5 or 6 now... i see you are a fan of Santa to. and i love the idea of the deer in the house. in the yard you can't see them unless coming and going, in the house you can enjoy all night. this week coming home from the store i saw our neighbors beautiful nativity that is made from concrete, with half the figures turned over. the figures are about 5 feet tall and heavy and beautiful. i just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean someone was stealthy enough to topple the cement figures? Amazing!!!!

      Delete
  4. You've made your surroundings feel holidayish and warm. What beautiful things you have to celebrate the Christmas season. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....I hardly put anything out this year. I just don't have the ambition any more. I'm getting a bit Bah Humbugish.

      Delete
  5. I like very much how festive your home looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour!! I love Christmas decorations. What low life would steal Christmas decorations???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, huh?!!! It's incredible what some 'snot heads' will do to vandalize the holiday.

      Delete
  7. I knew you would have the very best decorations, Anni. That's so.... YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Bud's delight, I did NOT go overboard like normal this year. LOL

      Thanks D J

      Delete
  8. I love lights, and your Christmas lights are exceptional, thank you. We haven't got any this year (between homes), so it's nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that dilemma....so often moving and relocating can put a big glitch in life.

      Delete
  9. Your place is looking much like Christmas. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and then, reading your cow/calf is somewhere hidden. Way cool. Thanks Paula.

      Delete
  10. Lots of beautiful decorations. Looks like you are enjoying the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as I always do. Thanks Florence

      Delete
  11. Ah, your home is the perfect picture of Christmas -- and a beautiful one, too! You took my breath away this morning, Anni, and I loved every minute! And the kitties are SO cute curled up on their favorite blanket -- keeping Santa warm!!
    I hope you have a beautiful day, as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me very happy knowing how you enjoyed your visit today Sylvia. Thanks.

      Delete
  12. Your home obviously has been touched with Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the lovely decorations in your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for visiting Ruth.

      Delete
  14. I loved seeing your Christmas decorations!!! IF I had to chose - the glass lighted tree and Santa's lantern would be my favorite - but I love them all!!!
    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and Merry Christmas to you Linda....love your time with L D and the quads!!!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful decorations Anni. Love the animated deer in the house. Might keep that in mind for next year.
    Christmas Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Audrey...hope you have a wonderful, loving and peaceful holiday.

      Delete
  16. Nice decoration. Must took plenty of time to put them up and take them down after Christmas.
    I haven't yet heard of anyone getting there yard items taken. But I find it sad when people go up and take people packages off the steps. I wonder because of this someone kid might not get a Christmas...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....now THAT is a Federal Offense if they get caught stealing USMail!!

      Delete
  17. Lovely festive shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....love your wintry, loving, holiday season photos today too.

      Delete
  18. Your house looks so cozy + festive! Have a beautiful Christmas + 2016! Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Jandi...and I trust you and your family will have a blessed holiday season.

      Delete
  19. Merry Christmas Miss Annie to you and your sweet hubby! I saw your sidebar ... I am sad too that the Obama era is ending soon. I hope our next President will carry on the legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Those are some lovely decorations. I know what you mean by cat hair. We have the same experience with our dogs' hair.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful post Anni. Tahoe and Winnie are too funny. Don't you just love how they christening everything and know exactly when something w/o cat hair on it comes out. I've been on a cleaning frenzy for the last 5 or so days. Doing a little each day.
    Now I'm ready for my daugher and SIL tomorrow
    Merry Christmas
    Cecilia and Madi

    ReplyDelete
  22. All so wonderful and then those sweet cats, oh so adorable. Anni, it is always such a pleasure. I wish you a Very Merry Christmas filled with all good things~

    ReplyDelete

.