my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Two Parts

The post I published disappeared for some reason. So I'll try and get it up and going again. It's been one of those days I guess.
Let's see, I had some images of a territorial dispute...so, let me get those photos back up. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'll be working to get them here in bits and pieces.


Yesterday morning, just to get outdoors, and away from the house and walls closing in on us, we drove to the islands and enjoyed the brisk Fall weather. Clear blue skies, cool air, and some of the tail end of Fall Migration! Of course we spotted a few birds, and watched several species as they did their 'survival thing'. But two birds [ringbilled sea gulls] at Leonabelle Turnbull's Refuge caught my eye, and I tried to record the action. I'm pretty sure it was a territorial dispute. It came up quickly and ended abruptly...







I also had a photo of a sunrise which I found remaining in my photo archives:



There were two parts to this post also. I completed my re-do in the master bedroom. If you'd like to view that section...click here.

22 comments :

  1. wow, beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise....Happy Birthday today.

      Delete
  2. Baby oil is good for getting the cockleburs from horse manes and tails. I sure would like to examine a silk floss tree pod! VERY interesting blog. Awesome sky photos! "Home improvement project" of painting is to be highly admired. What a job it must have been! Nicer now. Comfy looking too, and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know where my photo of the cockleburs went....I left for about an hour or so, came back and the post I had previously published was gone...and the photos aren't to be found anywhere in Google Plus OR Picasa. Such a day. Thanks Ms. G

      Delete
  3. I never heard of that silk floss tree, but those blossoms are so pretty. And your skies are amazing, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pics of the Silk Floss Tree disappeared!!! Yes, the blossoms are pretty...and quite waxy looking.

      Delete
  4. No matter what happens to your photos, you never disappoint us. I enjoy what you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV...your positive feedback is much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. Terrific captures as always, Anni, the skies are awesome!! Your pics are always a wonderful way to start my day!!! I do hope you have a lovely weekend!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, and have a lovely weekend yourself.

      Delete
  6. Nice photos especially of the ringbilled seagulls in action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when things like that happen! Thanks for reposting - your photos are wonderful, as usual. Your room looks great too, but I know what you mean about the paintbrush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh, that redo was a PAIN. lol Thanks for the compliments Mari.

      Delete
  8. Hello Anni, love the gulls and the beautiful sky! Great captures. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...you're always so positive in your feedback, and it's much appreciated.

      Delete
  9. First of all Wicket is a great kitty name....Mia and Wicket are lucky kitties to be loved by our daughters!!

    As per usual...you know I love the bird photos and I love how you added the windmill. That sunrise is breathtaking.
    Happy weekend
    Hugs madi and cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, the two...Mia and Wicket could be twins/liter mates!! Thanks M&M

      Delete
  10. the birds look like they got pretty feisty. love the sunrise.

    Your bedroom turned out real pretty too. I like the bookcase headboard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were feisty...I like your description!!

      Thanks for the compliment Felicia.

      Delete

.