my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Life's a Beach!!!

Lately, with the mild days and for the most part, drier air, tho there have been a couple of days with rainfall, Bud and I have been trekking the beaches. This time of year [and even the colder wintry days for me] the shore walking is so refreshing. Listening to the gentle waves, the birds calling, the light sea breeze, the different hues of blue and muted, sandy, browns along with the sparkling reflection of the Autumn sun atop the Gulf... It all makes a perfect day.

And of course, a photo to share some beach fencing...


The other day I spent the morning walking my 10,000 steps along Whitecap Beach. The human population was nearly nil. The shorebirds, tho very little numbers, were keeping active trying to stay a safe distance from me as I left my footprints in the sand. Mostly gulls, a few plovers and sandpipers, pelicans, along with a trio of gray legged willets.


...top left to right:  Juvenile Laughing Gull, Warming itself: a Willet, Hunting for its breakfast along the shore, another willet, Flying high a Willet and White Pelicans.



I've found a new author recently. At least new to me. I have always been fascinated by England's Tudor History, and this title popped!! It's an easy read, the text flows smoothy; well written. Of course fictionalized, but follows historical facts and filled with intense imagination. I'm enjoying it. The next in her work to read for me is about Lizzie Borden, another favorite subject. Here is her book from Amazon, Boelyn Wife, that I am reading now, Synopsis of Boelyn Wife:   Shy, plain Lady Jane Parker feels out of place in Henry VIII's courtly world of glamour and intrigue--until she meets the handsome George Boleyn. Overjoyed when their fathers arrange a match, her dreams of a loving union are waylaid when she meets George's sister, Anne. For George is completely devoted to his sister, and cold and indifferent to his bride. As Anne acquires a wide circle of admirers, including King Henry, Jane's resentment grows. But if becoming Henry's queen makes Anne the most powerful woman in England, it also makes her highly vulnerable. And as Henry, desperate for a male heir, begins to tire of his mercurial wife, the stage is set for the ultimate betrayal. Encompassing the reigns of five of Henry's queens, THE BOLEYN WIFE is an unforgettable story of ambition, lust, and jealousy, of the power of love to change the course of history, and of the terrible price of revenge.



To conclude my post I'm gonna share some of my witches along with a couple of other adornments for Halloween that I've set out for the season. Halloween fast approaches, and of course I'm loving their company.

Firstly, the living room's coffee table [it's also partially visible as my blog header this month]. It has webbing strewn around a couple of witch dolls from my ever-growing collection, silver candlesticks, the lighted globe and in the background, a small decorated lamp that I made from a plain black lamp with added shade painted with a witch silhouette:

All images can be enlarged by clicking on them....


Secondly, a few of my collection that is around the house; witch dolls. The last photo shows one of the newest additions. I purchased two of them...black cats on pedestals. Their eyes glow eerily in the dark with a flip of a switch!! And beside the black cat is my craft creation from last year I believe...the grapevine cornucopia twisted and painted black, then attached to a grapevine wreath for the witch hat brim. All lined with mini purple and orange lights. The brim of the hat has a feathered owl and ribbons/autumn flowers.



Thirdly, to keep my annual tradition going, I've created a small animated gif for anyone wanting a Halloween Treat. It's found on my top sidebar. Happy Haunting!!!

77 comments :

  1. love all of this post, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happy you enjoyed reading this today Denise.

      Delete
  2. That beach looks like a little piece of heaven. Love your witch collection and that black cat is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, I love your beach images. And am fascinated by the Juvenile Laughing Gulls. Thanks for sharing. I'll check out Boelyn Wife on my Kindle shortly. Have a great day. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used my Kindle in ages!!! I probably can't recall where I put the charger either it's been that long. LOL Thanks Jo

      Delete
  4. Oh, Anni, it's YOUR time of the year, for sure. I love your beach walk, and all your haunted paraphernalia. Wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Anni! Pretty shots of the beach! And I love all the birds, great captures. Neat collection of Halloween decorations. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the Halloween treat, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Paula.

      Delete
  7. Love your Halloween decorations, Anni! I have some autumn decorations up, but am not much into the rest of the Halloween decor. Maybe I'll get a pumpkin. WE have moved into a new neighborhood, and they tell me to get lots of candy for the many trick or treaters who will be coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me....I haven't put out my jack-o-lantern yet. Must do that. Thanks Linda

      Delete
  8. Anni I love fall at the coast...everything is fresh and crisp and not crowed.
    Yay October we know it is your favorite too
    How is the afghan coming along
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, such a perfect time for beachcombing. Hardly any people. LOL
      Thanks M&M. The afghan is slowly progressing. I just can't find too much time right now. Birding first. lol

      Delete
  9. Great shots!
    Please come share at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-little-bit-squirrelly.html - would love to have you visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, a Halloween treat indeed!! I Great shots as always, Anni!! Such a fun way to start my week!! I do love the colorful Fall season and your terrific Halloween decorations!!!! I hope you have a wonderful new week!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first photo is glorious! Ahh..the beach! And I love the shorebird photos. Your Halloween decorations are always such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like living within a five minute drive to the beach I say. lol

      Thanks Marie

      Delete
  12. The beach is so enticing, What a delightful place to go walking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That beach is so pretty - love that sparkling water! That book sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the sparkling water.....I never tire of it.

      Delete
  14. Oh, to be there on that lovely beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over, I'll walk with you.

      Delete
  15. Wow! Wow! Wow! I just loooove your witches! And your beach. Must end you a picture of 'my-beach-to-be'...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the birds at the beach but not into witches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE witches!! All the more for me.

      Delete
  17. Oh your witch dolls are all beautiful to see. I have not a single Autumnal decoration in my home, and I need to remedy that. Two ladies are coming to visit today and we are having lunch and going shopping ;) Your beach images are glorious. Take care Anni~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Enjoy the shopping with friends!!! A fun day ahead.

      Delete
  18. Love the sparkling water picture. You witches all have "sweet" faces! They must be the "good" witches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...definitely GOOD witches.

      Delete
  19. Wonderful post!! your shots of the gulf are marvelous. Your Halloween decorations are just delightful and SCARY! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would so love to be walking on a beach! Next month I have a friend arriving in Texas from her home in Helsinki to spend 10 dayson the Texas coast. Or at least several days. She flies into Houston and will stay in Galveston where I will go down and meet her. FINALLY, I shall walk on a beach!! I will bring my friend home with me to cleebrate Thanksgiving with the family and meet the quads and all the 'characters' in my blog. She asked me for a list of 'characters' so she can keep up with who's who?
    Your new book happens to be one I have read and loved as well!!
    Now that I have commented - I'm going back up to have a lingering look at all your wonderful dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun....from Helsinki....that is SO cool!!!!

      Delete
  21. I laughed when I read your comment on my post about decorating. I thought of you when I did that post, because it's no secret how much you like Halloween. Your stuff is cute and I know you put a lot of work into it. I'm just weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all Mari....the majority of people and friends I know do not 'get into' Halloween. But, I'm happy to read you laughed at my comment.

      Delete
  22. I love the animated Gif... cute.... I watched my neighbor decorate...I can enjoy all her work as we are across the street.. perfect... LOL.... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle...trick or treat!!

      Delete
  23. I love your witches. Good for you. It is always exciting to find a new author. And I'm jealous of you being able to walk the beaches in good weather. My brother lives in Corpus and is a big runner but he would rather run on the pavement rather than along the beaches. I can't figure that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here, the pavement isn't much....all full of chuck holes, uneven surface....but then again the beach can be treacherous too....but oh the views!!
      Thanks Yogi.

      Delete
  24. Hello Anni!:) Nice captures of the sea birds. I love the light in your beach shots.Over the years I have spent many happy hours beach combing morning and evening on our shores. It's one of lifes gifts to walk along the coast, I know that feeling of deep contentment. SWonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...."one of life's gifts" indeed!!!!

      Delete
  25. I would love to be strolling your beaches looking for shorebirds right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down, we'd probably catch a beautiful sunrise!!!

      Delete
  26. diamonds on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting cloud formation.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post Anni. Your witches are amazing. Love the bird shots, but that first photo is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm proud of my witches. lol
      And yes, the Texas skies are so pretty.

      Delete
  29. You keep us coming back with such interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks a bunch for sharing all.

    Hugs
    Carolann

    ReplyDelete
  31. i enjoy your beach shots. they bring me peace & quiet. thank you. i love your spider crawling on the right there, i had to kill one last night on our stairs. i don't mind them, but wish they would stay outside not in my living quarters. i always enjoy seeing your collections. do you ever add to them? how do you decide when you will do that? more doe or a sale? have a nice day! ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I add to it every year by one or two witches. I buy them mostly when they first come out on the store shelves since I don't do online shopping much other than rare books.

      Thanks beth.

      Delete
  32. great beach shots and i love all your halloween stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice shot of the ocean from that fence, the water look so sparkly. - I love shore type birds, great shot of the pelicans flying. - You have some fabulous Halloween decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Ida. I do love my Halloween collections. Can you tell? lol

      Delete
  34. its always so pretty at the beach. wish i lived near one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't born near a beach, but I got here as quickly as I could.

      Delete
  35. That first shot is mesmerising and I love the birds too.....I got side tracked by your reading material )which took me on a 3hr journey through Amazon and The Book Depository)....just up my alley...I can't get enough historical fiction (I have pinned this book so I don't forget the author)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, I do love historical fiction.

      Delete
  36. Super shots of the beach, birds and love your decorations for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  37. We do a lot of beach walking too, so I really agree with the "it makes a perfect day" sentiment. We don't see as many shorebirds, though. Yours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach walking is so relaxing and refreshing at the same time. thanks carol

      Delete
  38. Beach-walking is great, Anni. Endure the cool winds, be rewarded with your own beach! (Shared with the birdies, of course!)
    ~

    ReplyDelete

.