“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





It's just one of those days....

 I laughed so hard, tears were rolling down my legs!!

Old age support [R rated] sorry, just had to add this somewhere on my post.



My doctor told me to begin my exercise routine and build it up gradually.  My first step was to drive past a store that sells sweat pants!!

Never, NEVER iron a 4-leaf clover....that's pressing your luck!

Question:  Who's this moderation dude that they keep telling me to eat and drink with?




-------------

Have you ever had a day that seemed like another day [for instance it's Monday, but it felt like Sunday]?  And it wasn't?  Well, today, I think I'm back on track...it's a Saturday, and I'll post my weekly set of photos. As I mentioned in the previous post, our back yard is all abloom with climbing roses and my Tombstone Rose [in Tombstone, Arizona, they have the 'world's tallest rose'...a tombstone rose, scientifically known/named the Lady Banks Rose]. Since living in Arizona, and seeing the 'tallest rose' I always really liked the soft, delicate petals and the tiny leaves. So, when we relocated here, to Texas, it was one of the first plants I added to our raised flower garden. And along with this Lady Banks, I planted, side by side with it, a Don Juan Climbing rose to intermingle and have more color from Spring to Fall. This past month, with the damp mornings, the dew was heavy-laden on the blossoms and leaves...



...and being that this will be posted on Saturday, tomorrow is Easter. Altho, I didn't go 'overboard' with decorating for the holiday, I did manage to have the spirit of the season and brought out just a few things to get in the mood...


...with our taking of time out from the mundane routines this past month, we drive somewhere to walk short distances. Of course, most times it's on the hunt for birds to photograph. On this particular post, I share one I took through the door window of the car....hence the 'green' color from the tinted window shows up a bit. The other one, looking high into the sky directly above us, a huge flock of white Ibis flew overhead!!





...returning to an area in and around some of the nearby ranches, I spotted this double gateway to some ranch land property:



Then, one morning this past week, the sky was a brilliant blue as we walked the woods. But the woods were not an enjoyable area this certain time of day!! The dew on the grass, walking through the heavy canopy, the mosquitoes!!! Oh the mosquitoes....they were so thick, flying into our noses, clinging to our repellant soaked clothes, attempting biting through the material of our vests...I swear, if they could have, they would've carried us off to dine on our blood for days! Needless to say, we didn't stay long. Long enough to take a few photos of hawks flying overhead...then, back to the car to leave. And guess what was there at the car to greet us? Yep, you guessed right....MOSQUITOES!!! [the hawk photos will be posted/shared at my birding blog sometime in the future]


...actually, come to think of it, we shoulda known better than to walk in such dense growth after so many weeks of rains and standing water.  It was infestation week for flying, annoying, insects hatching in droves!!!

38 comments :

  1. Thank you for the funnies, Anni, they made
    my day :D
    Love your Tombstone Rose and Don Juan
    is also beautiful. And your salt and pepper
    set is just adorable :))
    Have a beautiful weekend and a
    Happy Easter!
    【ツ】Knipsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anni, I love your pretty roses. And Easter decorations are cute.. Neat sighting of the Ibis in flight.. Wow, those mosquitoes sound awful.. Happy Easter and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, thank you for linking up and sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear that you are cleared for starting your exercise! Careful that the mosquitoes don't carry you away while out on your walk!
    What beautiful roses! And the red-winged blackbird is gorgeous with his red and yellow epaulets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yikes! I have been in clouds of mosquitos like that, and there's nothing to do but leave! I sure do love your pretty roses, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the funnies, Anni. What is that stunning black bird with a red wing? I love your Easter chicken the best! Happy Easter. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughed so hard thought I'd die!!! "Untie"!!! Lovely photos! Happy, Holy and Joyful Easter!!! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, your blog is always a fun and beautiful way to start the day -- any day!! Hope you have a lovely and delightful weekend, Anni!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, skeeters have been thick here already this year, too. lots of rain and suddenly warm weather. this weekend it is cooler, again. :) happy easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the chuckles, and always love your photos!! I started itching just reading about the mosquitoes! Oh my goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful shots of the Easter bunnies ~ so colorful and creative!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful flowers! I did buy yellow flowers, but otherwise I didn't get around to decorate at all. I just noticed I still have a few Christmas things in my windows. Happy Easter, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such delight from your lovely critters, may your Easter be wonderful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The yellow rose is so beautiful!
    Wishing you a wonderful Easter weekend!

    Tinna

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite here is the gorgeous picture of your rose, the very first picture! A great red wing, too. They are so hard for me to snap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The funnies were great! I enjoyed them so much! Loved the Tombstone Rose! Lady Banks Rose...will have to find one! A friend in Texas had a Confederate Rose (VERY tall) in her yard and I tried to get a cutting of it, but was unsuccessful. They have really big pink blooms. Loved the bird...but I am so sorry about all those mosquitoes!!! We used to go to Hog Island in Virginia, where the early settlers kept their pigs, but you couldn't even get out of the car, the insects were so thick! I can't imagine how the settlers put up with all that!!! Hope you have a very blessed Easter! Will be checking out your I'd Rather Be Birdin' next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy that you have recovered and walk about, taking such nice pictures. I can't imagine mosquitoes in that quantity!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful flowers! As for mosquitos? I really hate them! Especially when there are so many.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely post, a fun post and Happy Easter Anni. The one question about days...all day yesterday, I was thinking it should be today...and now that today is here, I am wishing it were yesterday. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anni ... glad to hear you are feeling better and getting some exercise ... not much fun with the mosquitoes though. Sure dread seeing them start hatching out here. Your rose pictures are beautiful ... wish we could grow them here ... deer love them. I did not get out Easter decoration this year either. Wishing you'll a happy Easter ...
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful roses and cute Easter decorations.
    Hope you have a wonderful Easter

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't get over those beautiful roses! Glad you're getting out and walking, Annnie. I'd love to see a flock of Ibis.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this post! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I intended to buy the yellow Lady Banksia but accidently picked up the white. The yellow is so much prettier. It has been almost summer here, but is cooler today and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your puns are terrible but that's the best kind! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so glad you are feeling better! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Anni Love the bird and just wanted to wish you a HAPPY EASTER.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so entertaining!!! You just can't help it!!!!
    I loved seeing that red winged black bird. We have those here but I haven't seen any lately!
    Hope you had a blessed Easter! I KNOW you had a blessed Easter! You are HERE! and I praise God about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. YOUR YARD IS FOR SURE A BLOOM AND BEAUTIFUL. WE HAVE DOGWOODS, RED BUDS (TREE WITH HEART SHAPED LEAVES) AJUGA AND PERIWINKLE!!
    AND BEST OF ALL P O L L E N IS FREE FLOWING. LOL
    HUGS CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  31. Enjoyed the funnies especially the first one. What a pain having to fight off all those pesky mossies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. BEautiful photos Anni… you have mosquitos, we are having more snow and freezing rain.

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for the gate, anni!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your roses are so beautiful, Anni.
    I hate mosquitoes as well. They can be so annoying - I remember that once we left a camping site because it was so dense with mosquitoes it wasn't even funny anymore. Otherwise I hope you enjoy your walking - I love to spend time in nature and can walk for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Believe it or not we were inundated with mosquitos as well. Maybe for only a day or two because we get warm and wet, they arrive and then the next day it is COLD and they are gone. But if this is any indication of what's to come, it is going to be difficult to enjoy the outdoors this year.

    So your jokes were LOL good ... all of them and your Easter decorations are adorable. Your gateway is impressive (somebody is living well), but, for the life of me, I can't find any hawks in your last picture (Don't be offended, I am old and blind, sorta :). All in all, as usual, I fully enjoyed my visit to your place and am happy to hear that you are progressing so well in your recovery. And, yes, I know what it is like to be confused as to what day it is. The only reason I am sure this is Thursday is that Theresa's Good Fences is up ... But, life is good :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful flowers. Hope you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's always fun to stop in and see what you've posted. Fun jokes, Neat looking gate, must be a good sized property. Enjoyed the Redwinged Blackbird and the pretty yellow flower.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Anni, Cute little funnies to open your post!! Love your flowers and the rose is gorgeous.
    What darling bunny shakers. The gate is awesome. Hope you are doing well and wishing you a great weekend.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete

.