MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Creating Collages...

My photo albums are chock full of miscellaneous images these days, so I thought before I clean out the folders, and delete some pics, I'd make a few collages...


-brown pelican, yellow aloe vera, black bellied whistling ducks, terns, thistle blossom, turtle and peruvian water lily.


Seawall fisherman, moon, red salvia plant, botanical bog, sunshine, shrimp boat


windmill, amaryllis, shrimper, green anole, alligator, restaurant marquee, flag, yard art spinner

bird nest, bird feeders of the 'literal' kind, yellow wildflower, Charlies Pasture Pavilion, collared dove, tour boat, snowy egret & friend [dowitcher]

Now, to change from collages to random thoughts...

...When I was talking with Erik as he drove from teaching class to his daily stop...Starbucks, we were conversing about the upcoming movies, some of which will no doubt be mega-hits.  With the likes of Jurrasic Park IV, the Avengers...and then in the month of December, my highly anticipated movie:  Star Wars The Force Awakens [at least that is what's it's dubbed for now...who knows if it'll change before release date].  Okay, I knew this already, but ya'll don't so I'll share.  Erik does his opening speech with each new semester and new students with a quote from Empire Strikes Back.  For the both of us, it's an all time favorite, which by the way, we preach like gospel...and it goes like this: Do or do not. There is no try.

...I have been a bit disappointed in season 12 of NCIS ['nough said]

...With my mentioning of tornado warnings around the nearby counties here in Texas, Irene experienced a tornado!!  Where she works...the roof was damaged and a storage building was demolished.  No injuries.

...Which word, if pronounced wrong, is right?

a palindrome is a word, phrase, verse, or sentence that reads the same backward or forward. The question:
...What word becomes a palindrome when viewed upside down and backwards?

31 comments :

  1. THE ANSWER TO THE QUIZZES:


    word pronounced right is WRONG

    palindrome is SWIMS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the quiz and palindrome! :D Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collages reflect your varied interests, curiosity, and energy. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Anni. I love all your collages.. Pretty images.. My son and hubby will be happy when the new Star Wars movie comes out.. Cool quiz.. Have a happy day and weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the collages and that landry's theatre!! have a great weekend, thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bad at puzzles and quizzes. SWIMS....I need to remember that one!! It will make me seem smart! LOL

    Your collages are works of art, Anni. I've never been a Star Trek fan (at all) but agree with you on NCIS. I like the NCIS New Orleans much better this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool answers to the questions... i don't watch any of the Empire or movies like that but that quote is fun of my favorite.. there is not try... enjoyed all your beauty in the collages

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed the current season of NCIS, but I sure do miss Ziva. And that palindrome is cool! Thanks for giving me the answer before I wracked my brain too much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these collages Anni, and I'll tell you the same thing I told Mitchell; if you ever pass this way, not only will I bake for you... I'll take you to Oy Vey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First real quick, I know the feeling, I'm a long time fan of NCIS! Then how ever can you delete any of your photos? They are just incredible. I've been putting lots on CD, but mine are a far cry from yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love your collages and all of your photos are awesome, Anni! I do look forward to you posts every day!! Hope you're feeling well and that you have a great weekend!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, those quizzes were tough! I was at a loss! Loved the Star Wars quote! What better person to quote wisdom from, to "kids", than Yoda! :-) Your collages were great, too. I absolutely had to read the sentence three times before I realized you were definitely talking about NEW movies and not some from the past! :-) I had no idea we have so many sequels in the offing! Wow...I wonder if the Avengers is going to pale in comparison to the original....The remake of Red Dawn fell so short of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the answers!!! Oh my, your collages are all just the best, love everything about them! I love that you are out and about and always have so many wonderful treasures to capture with your camera! Have a great weekend~

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for giving the answers. My brain never would have figured that second one out and it would have drove me nuts all night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your collages turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great collages! Such a great way to share more photos and they look so great together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the collages showcasing your world. Thank goodness you gave the answers to the quizzes - I got the first one but would have lain awake tonight trying to figure out the second!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is my first visit to your blog. I really enjoyed the collages. Amazing shots.Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the collages. We had more rain last night, lots of it. I wonder if you did.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning, Anni.. just stopping back to say thank you so much for linking up! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the idea of random collages.
    swims - who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i like the brown pelican and the cute little bbwds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. SWIMS ... did someone just happen to notice this or did they spend the better part of their life trying to figure it out? This is so cool. MOM is another palindrome and it spells WOW when you flip it ... that is my favorite. You did your collages beautifully, a great idea for all of those loose pictures. I have a hard time deleting old photos. I somehow am very posseive of them even when they aren't very good.

    I, too, am looking forward to the new Star Wars. I remember when the originals came out. We thought you could never make a better special effects picture. I am excited to see how they have upped their game. Have a wonderful week, Annie and hope you are getting fully recovered.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely collages.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Agree fully about this year NCIS. Good idea to make collages and I really like the randomness of subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do not even like to use the word tornado...those warnings come and we have no basement, out in the middle of God's country and we pray! You have made some charming mosaics with your extra images and they look great. Yellow Aloe Vera, neat! I am using a lot of Aloe these days, will explain in an upcoming blog entry in a couple of weeks. Hugs Anni~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I loved the variety ofshotsin the collage

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favourites are the thistle blossom, the moon
    and the windmill :) Liked that quiz, just was not
    able to answer it :( But now I know ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend Anni!
    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful collages, Anni! I love all the birds and the flowers. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

.