Altho a lot of you have experienced snow and wintry weather already, as I posted many times, Autumn doesn't get here 'til late November and into early December. Then, winter in January and early February...then...it's Spring again! For us old bones, a mild winter is ideal. I invite y'all to come along----
Early one morning, last week, we took a 4 mile walk [approximately and round trip] in the woods. From the parking area, through the woods, to the ponds, and ending at the river... Pollywog Ponds to be exact. The eighth photo from the top there are two golden fronted woodpeckers in the tree...can you see 'em?
And the Autumn Colors beckoned us welcome...
...map of trails




















Four miles in the most perfect surrounding I love it. Beautiful just beautiful. Hug B
ReplyDelete...glad to know it was an enjoyable trek for you too Buttons
DeleteBeautiful autumn fotos! And those colors! Seems that your weather is kind of warmer than here in Europe...
ReplyDeleteyes...mild compared to most areas.
DeletePretty Autumn images, Anni! Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDelete...thanks Eileen
Deletei found the woodpeckers in number 8, so cute and i did not know you would have autumn colors there. all beautiful...
ReplyDelete...not too much color change, unless you know where to find it. You did see the woodpeckers? High 5 Sandra.
DeleteIt's not winter here yet. Yes, the days are cold, but in the south of Bosnia and Herzegovina, autumn likes to linger just a bit longer.
ReplyDeleteMersad
Mersad Donko Photography
...and having Autumn 'linger' is perfect.
DeleteLooks like a great walk, Anni. The trees in the Hill Country are now turning, and I think we have more color this year because of the early frost. I'll post a couple of pictures hubby took yesterday.
ReplyDelete...I know I will enjoy the photo shares Linda
DeleteOh, I DO see them, Anni. Wonderful pictures, beautiful colors. And I like your pretty Christmas header. :-)
ReplyDelete...thank you kindly DJ
DeleteOh, a walk in and through the woods. How wonderful that you can do this! What is the orange fruit I see on the 5th photo from the bottom? They are quite similar looking as the Pindo Palm fruit.
ReplyDeleteI really don't have a clue Ms. G...your guess is as good as mine...probably better.
DeleteA beautiful nature walk!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week-end!
Lea
...thanks Lea
DeleteI know I sound like a broken record but Anni I'd love to take a walk with you but since I can't thank you for the gorgeous photos. Yes I did see the woodpeckers.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure you had all the fall colors since you were on the Gulf but I see you do!
Hugs madi and cecilia
...yep, we got 'em...but always late in the season. Thanks M&M
DeleteBeautiful pictures - looks like a perfect walk. I found the woodpeckers!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would Mari. Thanks.
DeleteHow pleasant it is to see that somewhere out there, waters are not yet frozen, leaves still have colours. It's just a perfect walk. Great photos too.
ReplyDelete...thanks Mari. Glad you enjoyed it....the water never freezes here much. If it does it's thawed by midday.
Deleteafter our freezes and bit of snow, our leaves all turned and are beginning to blow freely here. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of rustling leaves as the wind blows them around.
DeleteBeautiful golden colors, Anni. We've just left quite a cold South Africa (although it's midsummer there now) and returned to definite summer temps here in East Africa. Have a great weekend. Greetings Jo
ReplyDelete...hot I'm sure.
DeleteAfter posting my comment (quickly, as I'm having Internet issues!), I read the comments and re-read your blog. I, too, found the woodpeckers! Great shots.
ReplyDeletecool!! And thanks Jo
DeleteYou really ARE just starting Fall! I think we have gone into winter early! What are those pretty yellow fruits, apples? You are in GREAT shape if you can walk that much!
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what they are Ginny...they're about the size of a cranberry.
DeleteAh, fun in the sun and memories of the years I lived in Texas!! Terrific captures as always, Anni!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and that you're ready for a fun weekend -- camera in hand, of course!!
ReplyDeleteI don't leave home without it.....well, if I'm only going to the grocery store that's something else. lol
DeleteWonderful Autumn photos Anni. My favorite time of the year. Happy weekend to you :-)
ReplyDelete...me too. And Spring!
DeleteBeautiful! That sounds wonderful. A mild winter really appeals to me! Our daughter who lives in Dallas sent us photos of 'fall' too. She escaped Wisconsin some years ago and vows never to return (to live). LOL
ReplyDeleteIf I have my way...we'll never go back to a snowy area of the country - ever again. Had way too much of it when we were growing up and raising our family.
DeleteBeautiful scenes along the walk. Thanks for sharing them.
ReplyDelete...thank YOU Ruth!
DeleteWow....what a glorious autumn you are having!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos.
Happy weekend!
...thanks! Happy weekend to you too.
DeleteI would love to walk there!
ReplyDelete...you're invited Michelle!!
DeleteYou certainly have the most beautiful places to walk and shoot!
ReplyDelete...it is pretty here this time of year when you get 'off the beaten path'.
DeleteThose aren truly wonderful autumn colours.
ReplyDelete...thanks Jan
DeleteLike all your pretty photos, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete...thanks for the visit Paula
DeleteHooray for autumn! I saw some pretty colors on the drive up to Lubbock today. There's lots of white on the ground, but it's not snow.
ReplyDelete...the clay?
DeleteHow lovely to still have autumn. Nice shots.
ReplyDelete...it'll be here a while longer too. Thanks Fiona
DeleteI think I could handle winter if it was that short. It's more like 5 or 6 months long here.
ReplyDelete...no snow either!
DeleteHi Anni, I found your woodpeckers.. Great sighting.. Thank you for linking up this week, have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting Eileen
DeleteI just love Autumn. Great shots.
ReplyDelete...thanks Yogi
DeleteI too found the peckers even though they weren't for being spotted.
ReplyDeleteFour miles is pretty good for two old bones. Like you I'm hoping for a mild winter, but maybe with a cold snap or two with a sunny day for photography. Those cloudy wet days are no good for my joints. (joints as in bones).
Yes, a cold front will bring in different birds for birding too.
DeleteI love your Autumn photos Anni, thank you :-)
ReplyDelete...thank YOU Denise
DeleteBeautiful Autumn photography ~ lovely mild weather too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol
http://www.acreativeharbor.com
Thanks Carol
Deletebeautiful autumn colours. Have a lovely weekend.
ReplyDelete...thanks Margaret
DeleteBeautiful series Anni… winter has made its appearance here!
ReplyDelete...this above, is more or less our winter...tho it looks like autumn. Thanks Laura
DeletePollywog Ponds?
ReplyDeleteLove that name! And the pics, of course.
~