Walking the new Oso Bay Hiking/Biking Trail last weekend, I zoomed in on the top of this old horse barn's roof top that was jutting out above the trees. When I got home, I realized the cupola was in rubbish form...
☼ ☼ ► ► ◄ ◄ ☼ ☼
A couple of weeks ago, while I was sitting out on the patio, watching the hummingbirds now that they're on their way south for the winter and stopping by here in South Texas for a break to fatten up for their long journey, I walked around and took some photos of what I find in our back yard. From flowers, bushes, tree insects, to fun figurines. Mouse-over captioning - scroll mouse over image, pause and text will show...









![Red Hibiscus [gift from my sister]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijMdg3P2nB1Q2UvEVubOjFY-8qAL4BFEdvYKgXa8WaQFlesAWFiTdWUrD1xcvvVoz52IjXU6U3NT-rQBxxYB7_0Xbi_S1G54IDsJxKj_mviE4qSrYi7DKEAJ-hOMgshk0p9cfPl5MbZtg/s270/yardI.jpg)











![Red Hibiscus [gift from my sister]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijMdg3P2nB1Q2UvEVubOjFY-8qAL4BFEdvYKgXa8WaQFlesAWFiTdWUrD1xcvvVoz52IjXU6U3NT-rQBxxYB7_0Xbi_S1G54IDsJxKj_mviE4qSrYi7DKEAJ-hOMgshk0p9cfPl5MbZtg/s270/yardI.jpg)


Linking to: Rubbish Tuesday - Nature Notes - Our World Tuesday

I love your flowers and the yard art. The hibiscus is one of my favorite flowers. Beautiful images. Have a happy week!
ReplyDeleteMe too, I love hibiscus...they're so hardy.
DeleteI love that little family of fox. How cute. I've spotted several cicada in our back yard this year. I don't usually see as many as I have.
ReplyDelete...thanks Ann. You wonder why there are so many cicadas in your area? If it's so unusual...that must be a 'sign'.
DeleteLooks like you have a pretty yard! Love the flowers and the art!
ReplyDelete...thanks Mari
DeleteIt's a darn cute yard you have there, Anni. Glad you shared it with us.
ReplyDelete...thanks. I enjoy being in our back yard when it cools down some.
DeleteI like the cupola, but I had to look at it again to understand what it was. Tom The Backroads Traveller
ReplyDeleteI guess it's a kind of air vent? Dilapidated but....
DeleteThe cupola certainly does fit right in, as does that rusty tin roof. Love it! You sure do have some beautiful flowers and one noisy critter. Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete...those darned cicadas ARE noisy!! It's a fact.
DeleteThank you for hosting Betty.
THE FIRST PICTURE IS SURELY A CONVERSATION STARTED..AND WE LOVE YOUR FLOWERS AND FANCIFUL BACKYARD,
ReplyDeleteMOM IS KEEPING A LIST OF THE TIMES SHE SEES HUMMERS. ONE WAS LAST SPOTTED 9/20. LAST YEAR'S LAST SIGHTING WAS 9/28
hUGS MADI AND MOM
...they're still here but the group is getting smaller and smaller by the day. Sad to see 'em go.
DeleteThe flowers are beautiful!
ReplyDelete...this time of year, when it begins to cool down some, they thrive. Thanks Bethany.
DeleteI forgot to tell you how much I like your new header. And you put your logo right where the slingshot would be on the elf! Made me smile, Anni. And those pictures of the flowers are wonderful. Happy fall! :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL...you notice the watermark where the 'sling' would be?!!! At one time there was a piece of leather there...but it rotted off.
Deleteit is in good rubbish form! :) love your blooms.
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely flowers! And I love your new header.
ReplyDelete...thanks Veronica
Deletei love the photo of the cicada and that barn topper... the flowers are beautiful, we have all these except for 2 of them, i love the yellow one, we don't have one that color... your yard is much like ours here in Florida.
ReplyDeleteYep, same plants around the sub-tropics. Thanks for the visit Sandra
DeleteEnjoyed seeing the cicada amid all the pretty blooms. So many vibrant colors in your yard. I hope you have a great week!
ReplyDelete...thanks, have a super week yourself dear Gail.
DeleteLove that rusty tin roof- somehow it just bespeaks rural Texas to me. And those flowers- oh my goodness. They could not be any more gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteawwww, shucks Shelly....you are so kind in your comments. Thanks dear one.
DeleteThat old roof is interesting...makes you wonder why they don't take it down? Great collage of all the flowers and garden pictures.
ReplyDelete....I think it's the fact that it's there...otherwise I wouldn't have found it if they tore it down. Kidding!!!
Deletethanks Linda
The old roof is so unique in form, and so is its existence.
ReplyDelete...glad to know you thought so!!
DeleteSuch lovely flowers and colors and a lovely collage of them all! The beauty of your posts is always a delightful way to begin my day -- any day!! Thanks for for sharing, Anni! Hope you have a great new week!!
ReplyDelete...thanks dear Sylvia.
DeleteNice floral journey. And good eye with the cupola. I love those old architectural flourishes. it has definitely seen better days.
ReplyDelete...definitely. And, thanks Sharon.
DeleteHere to report no hummingbirds in my area. They build plat forms by power poles so birds of prey won't build nest on the powerpoles. Also put owl decoy on power pole to stop the nest being build.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
...we still have several here, but the numbers are dwindling.
DeleteI just adore your little Elfen! It was pure joy to see all your lovely blossoms and cute artsy things!
ReplyDelete...thanks Karen
DeleteA glorious collage! I love the blue flowers and the hibiscus. And WOW to the cicada!!
ReplyDelete...thanks Ginny.
DeleteYep, the barn could use some TLC!
ReplyDelete...yep, truly!!
DeleteAll neat photos Anni and I love your garden figurines and those beautiful flowers. Have a great week :)
ReplyDelete...thanks Denise...have a great week yourself!
DeleteThe flowers are so pretty, and the garden figures are cute- that old copola looks like it is about to cave in! Love that rusty roof, though!
ReplyDelete...thanks Terri. Yep, a cave in someday is imminent.
DeleteGot me! When I read your caption on the blue flower I was reminded of my grandmother who always complained about her lumbago. Pretty flowers!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, did I have a typo and typed lumbago? I gotta go double check.
DeleteNo! It was just that they rhymed and tickled my brain into an old memory! Silly you.
Delete...but I did go and check to make sure....then, I figured it out. ;0)
DeleteBeautiful mix of shots and I like the find on top of the barn, decay and all. Birds do eat the berries on the porcelain vine.
ReplyDelete...so they are edible. At least for the birds.
DeleteGorgeous macro floral shots and lovely presentation! for OWT `
ReplyDeleteartmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)
...thanks Carol
DeleteLove your photos. Hibiscus are so beautiful.
ReplyDelete...thanks Carol
DeleteLots of cute and pretty things here today. Nice of you to show them.
ReplyDelete...thanks Paula
DeleteDoesn't look like the cupola will be around much longer. Glad you got that photo. Isn't it fun to take a stroll around the yard and take pics of our familiar things.
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to share my surroundings with y'all.
DeletePretty flowers, and I love that old, decaying building.
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question on my blog, we had snow even at our house (7,500 feet elevation) more than a week ago, so the mountains have certainly seen some, although nothing major yet.
....thanks Al. I MUST call my sister. I kinda figured the high elevations would be getting a snow blast soon.
DeleteYou have such a lovely backyard! Pretty flowers!
ReplyDelete...thanks Fiona
DeleteThe hibiscus are glorious. You must spend quite a bit of time and hard work in your garden to achieve such results.
ReplyDelete...well, nature takes up most of the credit. We do live in a sub-tropical area. It's mainly weeding around here. They grow everywhere in the world, right? Thanks for visiting!
DeleteYou have some beautiful blooms Anni, and I love your elf sculpture!
ReplyDelete...thanks Karen
DeleteNature is beautiful as always.
ReplyDeleteThis little house looks like it will fall, but it's so beautiful.
...thanks Camila
DeleteBeautiful flowers in your lovely yard! And a strange wooden cupola, falling down, on the old horse barn--perfect for Rubbish Tuesday! I had to comment on something I read in your comment on my Mom's blog. You said you worry about "bad" things added by chefs at restaurants, making the food unhealthy. Sometimes, if one is very fortunate, you can find a restaurant that advertises that it uses only organic and natural ingredients. Our son-in-law the chef makes everything he serves from scratch and uses all natural ingredients. I mean, if you want mustard, they made it right there in the restaurant! It's pretty amazing. They are few & far between, but it is possible to find a few great food places like that. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteWell....in my opinion, you don't know what goes on behind those kitchen doors.
DeleteI love that fox family!! How cool :-)
ReplyDeleteSee...just like I posted in a comment to you on your most recent post...I can't turn away from the whimsical stuff. LOL I'm guilty.
DeleteWonderful nature post. Love all the flowers and wildlife. Thank you for taking care of the migrating hummers..... Michelle
ReplyDelete...thanks Michelle...and thanks for hosting.
DeleteNice shots.
ReplyDeleteThe crumbling cupola must let a lot of water in when the rains come.
From the distance, I really can't say it's even occupied any longer. Hidden in the trees.
Delete