my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Colors of the wind...

...five of my favorite colors:
MOUSE OVER CAPTIONS on each photo!!


    Green symbolizes: life, nature, fertility, well being Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green. Green is favored by well balanced people. Green symbolizes the master healer and the life force. It often symbolizes money. It was believed green was healing for the eyes.
    Yellow is creative from a mental aspect, the color of new ideas, helping us to find new ways of doing things. It is the practical thinker, not the dreamer. Yellow is the best color to create enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism. The color yellow loves a challenge, particularly a mental challenge. Within the meaning of colors, yellow is the great communicator and loves to talk. Yellow is the color of the networker and the journalist, all working and communicating on a mental level. Yellow is the scientist, constantly analyzing, looking at both sides before making a decision; methodical and decisive. Yellow is the entertainer, the comic, the clown. Yellow helps with decision making as it relates to clarity of thought and ideas, although it can often be impulsive. Yellow helps us focus, study and recall information, useful during exam time. The color yellow can be anxiety producing as it is fast moving and can cause us to feel agitated. Yellow has a tendency to make you more mentally analytical and critical - this includes being self critical as well as critical of others.
    This is a color that seeks peace and tranquility above everything else, promoting both physical and mental relaxation. It reduces stress, creating a sense of calmness, relaxation and order - we certainly feel a sense of calm if we lie on our backs and look into a bright blue cloudless sky. It slows the metabolism. The paler the blue the more freedom we feel. In the meaning of colors, blue relates to one-to-one communication, especially communication using the voice - speaking the truth through verbal self-expression - it is the teacher, the public speaker. The color blue is idealistic, enhancing self-expression and our ability to communicate our needs and wants. It inspires higher ideals. Blue's wisdom comes from its higher level of intelligence, a spiritual perspective. Blue is the color of the spirit, devotion and religious study. It enhances contemplation and prayer. On the other hand, blue's devotion can be to any cause or concept it believes in, including devotion to family or work. Blue is the helper, the rescuer, the friend in need.
    Pink is feminine and romantic, affectionate and intimate, thoughtful and caring. It tones down the physical passion of red replacing it with a gentle loving energy. Pink is intuitive and insightful, showing tenderness and kindness with its empathy and sensitivity. In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color inspiring warm and comforting feelings, a sense that everything will be okay. Pink calms and reassures our emotional energies, alleviating feelings of anger, aggression, resentment, abandonment and neglect. Studies have confirmed that exposure to large amounts of pink can have a calming effect on the nerves and create physical weakness in people. Violent and aggressive prisoners have been successfully calmed by placing them in a pink room for a specified amount of time.
    The color purple is specifically associated with royalty and the nobility, creating an impression of luxury, wealth and extravagance. Purple has power. It has a richness and quality to it that demands respect. Purple is ambitious and self-assured, the leader. Too much of the color purple can promote or aggravate depression in some. It is one color that should be used extremely carefully and in small amounts by those who are vulnerable to these depressed states.


...so by reading what my five favorite colors represents, I'm an extravagant peace seeking romantic, optimistic, and nature loving.  Yep, that 'bout sums it up.  [insert wink]  I also like black, but in all art reality it's not a COLOR but a 'hue'...black means more or less, 'hidden'.  Hmmmmm.

Read more on colors....

Friday Random 5
Shadow Shot Sunday
Monday Mellow Yellows
I ♥ Macro
Camera Critters
[links found on my sidebar]


75 comments :

  1. These are MY favorite colors, too! Our living room is green, our kitchen is blue. Our bedroom is pink.. I do NOT like black or brown, they are not cheerful or pretty to me. Well, black is good for clothes and hearses but not much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pink bedroom...we had that too....in Colorado. And I loved it. Bud on the other hand didn't care that much for it. LOL

      Yep, black is good for fashion, I agree.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful writeup about the colors!
    Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning new things, and I really learned today! Some of those are my favorites, too, and I do think they describe me pretty well. When Color Me Rad race comes to Corpus again in a few months, I'll have to post some pics of the hodge podge of color that becomes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you've registered for the upcoming race?!!! I look forward to reading about it.

      Delete
  4. That was really interesting. I had to go and check out green too as it's one of my favorites. I enjoyed your photos as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, green is good.

      Delete
  5. Well thanks to you I have my daily dose of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...just hope it wasn't an 'overdose' of colors today. ;O)

      Delete
  6. amazing colors. so beautiful. i enjoyed the yellow bloom best. wish we had smell-o-vision. i bet it is heavenly. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibiscus really has no strong scent. In my opinion.

      Delete
  7. That was fun. Each one of them is my favorite, and I chose it among the others once I read its description. Then on to the next favorite... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad to know you enjoyed the color of things today DJan

      Delete
  8. You have two of my favorites! Green & Purple!! I really like the photos you chose to represent each color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!!! The pink, yellow and blue are 'secondary' to purple and green!!!

      Delete
  9. All I know is that pink is not for me. I'm a combo of green and blue. Only the best parts of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite color combinations that USED to be popular in fashion was turquoise and purple.

      Delete
  10. Hi Anni, I remember being in university in a psych course and learning about the psychology of colours. Then it made sense why I'm drawn to some and repelled by others and why I chose the colours I chose in my art. :) It's good to have an appreciation of these things. Hope your weekend is shaping up to be a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, appreciation of anything in this world makes a better person.

      Delete
  11. You know I think that colors are a gift from God and I just love all those deep colors Anni - so pretty. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the deep rich colors too.

      Delete
  12. Fascinating, Anni! Thanks for that. Yellow always makes me feel happy, especially yellow flowers, but I don't like to wear it or decorate with it. Love all these colors and each evokes a positive response. I'll have to look up red - it was my mother's, and now my, favorite color. But again, another color I don't want to wear. Thanks for this interesting post and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...what color is your favorite to wear then? I personally would rather wear yellow than I would red. But green and purple always catches my eye when I shop. LOL

      Delete
  13. Very ironic post on colors Anni. I just finished reading 'Lost and Found' by Jacqueline Sheehan. I was drawn to it by the cover. It is about a gorgeous black lab. One of the characters in the book experiences every day life in colors...the condition is identified as synesthesia. I'm currently reading 'Picture This' the sequel.
    Happy Friday
    Hugs C and Madi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good book!!!

      Delete
  14. I really like just about any color -- can't pick a favorite. Enjoyed your randoms Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange is one color I won't 'do' for clothes, but I like orange flowers and orange for Halloween...

      Delete
  15. Well that was quite interesting. I love blue/green - my top favorite colors.
    Your yellow flower is stunning - the color though is not one of my favorites.
    That purple flower is so cool, I've never seen one before.

    http://wishesdreamsandotherthings.blogspot.com/2013/11/random-5-friday-nancys-un-linky-version.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. passion flowers are gorgeous, but they can be VERY invasive if not controlled. And you can eat the fruit.

      Delete
  16. Of these, mine would be green and pink. I really enjoy those colours apart and together. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we had our house built in Colorado, I insisted on a lime green kitchen with pink accenting. The designer had a conniption fit...but through my eyes, it was gorgeous.

      Delete
  17. What a lovely and colorful post. The flowers are all gorgeous and the turtle is cute. I have a lot of Black clothes but I love color. Have a happy weekend, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wear a lot of black also...and Winston loves it when I do so all his long white hair can show better. ;o)

      Delete
  18. I'm partial to yellows, purples, blues...well,..heck...I like all colors. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all partial to certain colors...and favor them, but like you, I like 'em all.

      Delete
  19. Interesting entry. I had a lavender, purple, and white bedroom for years and years. Recently I decided it is time for a change. I ended up with a lot of black. Same with my kitchen, yellow for many years. Ended up with a lot of black in there too. Humm I wonder what that means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PShawwww. If you like black in decor, I see absolutely nothing wrong. PS...I have a black and gold bathroom. And it's quite pretty.

      Delete
  20. amazing, love them all ;) favorite of mine is purple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ya...I see purple, and I wanna buy. [clothes]

      Delete
  21. I've always favored blue but like green as well. Interesting about yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked reading all the colors. Interesting. Somehow, I figure you'd look great in anything blue.

      Delete
  22. What a lovely and creative post and wonderful photos ~ thanks, carol, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed this Carol

      Delete
  23. i like green around the place, for sure. we get too much brown in texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!!! Far too dry these past couple years.

      Delete
  24. Great pictures you show. I really like the picture of passion flower. Wish you a good week-end :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the purple passion flower also Hanne.

      Delete
  25. Blue has always been my 'favorite' color. I do think being in the 'setting' so to speak of a color does speak to you. I like being under a crisp blue sky. It calms me. Large expanses of green grass does the same.
    I've been reading your blog for some time now Anni and not sure where black fits in with you. I don't think there's anything 'hidden' about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, I agree, being under the big blue sky is not only refreshing but calming!!!

      And, I DO like to stay off the grid a lot. So perhaps that is the 'hidden' in me.

      Delete
  26. Very interesting information, and lovely photos to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm loving calm shades of green these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...always so very peaceful a color isn't it?

      Delete
  28. So love your thoughts on all these colours. Lovely to think that they symbolise so much.
    Huge apologies that the SSS2 link was not working. The link should appear at my midnight - usually I wait till the link goes through, but not this time; I fell asleep. I still have no idea why it failed. Mascha said that she had visited several websites and they too experienced defective link ups. Mysteries of the internet. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no problem Gemma. Things like this happen with no control.

      Delete
  29. Nice article over the colors, lovely writen, Greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for stopping by and leaving positive feedback Louisette.

      Delete
  30. Beautiful yellow hibiscus you show Anni. Wish you a good Sunday :) Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's one of my favorites in our yard!! Thanks Hanne.

      Delete
  31. Symbols on license plates...are allowed here and I can tell your why....to get a vanity plate you have to fork over $50.00 a year. The symbols are often used to replace letters in a plate that someone might want that is already being used.
    such as $ replaces an s, or the sound 'ate'. 4 often replaces an A and so on and so on. And as you know NC has a plethora of vanity plates which = a ton of revenue.
    HugsC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could think of a lot of other neat things to spend my $50. LOL

      Delete
  32. Gorgeous flowers! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy to know you enjoyed the images today Gunilla.

      Delete
  33. Beautiful Anni! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, that pinwheel is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your explanation of the colors and what that means for you. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Green is also my favorite color - there are hundreds of shades of green in nature. I really like your purple passion flower! I love pink flowers burt NEVER wear pink.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely post and photos. I shall bookmark it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love all these colors. I'd rather have red than pink in my house tho. I have a couple of red walls in my kitchen. I loved pink when I was first married and my daughter's room had pink floral wallpaper. Remember the mauve and country blue phase? Oh, I was big into that! LOL! I do like black in clothes, but not so much in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love purple, it's such a regal color.

    Happy Saturday, Anni!

    ReplyDelete

.