my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


....Pelican Rescue 'Preface'



In my last post I regaled the pelican rescue saga of last weekend while Bud and I were out for the morning walking along the seawall downtown near the marina. As you may recall, if you visited and read the previous post on rescuing the pelican from the fish line entanglement... as we walked, we did some people watching, bird watching, and watched the shrimp boats out as sea, trolling, and viewed a couple of cargo ships leaving port. I'll just refrain from doing a whole lotta gabbing and share the photos...enlarge them if you'd like to read the photo captions I added....



...by the way, the young man on deck of the shrimp boat was the hero that cut the trapped pelican from the fish line!!

13 comments :

  1. Good for that young man! And very cool pictures, Anni. Your header also makes me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! I enjoy watching those shrimp boats come in, and I am heartened to know there are also good people on board. The Caller might be interested in your story- it would certainly be better than some of the stuff they feature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endless photo opps here! You got some great shots of all the activity. Hurray for the hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love happy endings. Mom is a real bird lover and she especially loves pelicans....kudos to the rescue efforts
    Hugs madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures. I especially love the one of the drips falling off of the shrimp boat as the pelican fodder is being distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos !! Awesome :)

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the marina Scenes! The boats and the pelicans are both fun to watch. Great shots, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was quite an adventure, and I am glad the fisherman cared this much...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. ports, harbors, boats ships, pelicans, fishing. You got it all going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures. Looks like it was a beautiful day and such a pretty area

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad I'm not the only one who cleans up after fishermen (and I fish as well!)

    Nice shots of one of my favourite birds!


    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne.

    PS: sorry for slow reply - I have been out of phone / Internet range for most of the week - it was strangely pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots!!! We used to live on the gulf coast of FL. Miss the water :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your pictures of Corpus, How I miss that place, lived there 3 yrs

    ReplyDelete

.