WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY
tri-colored heron and roseate spoonbill
black necked stilt
black bellied whistling duck
1. What's the best thing about growing older? Wisdom I think [lol]. At least in my life...wisdom.
2. When did you first feel like a grown up? My question is...am I really grown up? [insert wink] Seriously, I was a late bloomer in a lot of factors in life, growing up came when my first child was born and I became a mother to her. Having a child will do that!!!
3. Chocolate cake with white icing or white cake with chocolate icing? Neither, really. I'm not a cake person. If having to choose, I'd take the white cake and scrape the chocolate frosting off and give it to Bud. Ask him, -- he'll confer with that.
4. What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you? Actually, now that I think of it...I was out by myself on a Sunday afternoon. I drove to the Culture and Entertainment section here in town to buy tickets to Jeff Dunham's show. When I got back in the car, the front tire was flat. Two guys came over and changed it for me!!! I wrote a letter to the editor of our local newspaper and thanked them.
5. What's something you learned from your grandparents? Three of my grandparents were gone from this earth by the time I could have been influenced by them...the fourth, my paternal grandfather lived to be 97....but he was living in another state, so again, not much influence from him either.
6. Wednesday marks a sad day in the history of planet earth-9/11...what's something you do (or can do) to bring peace to your little corner of the world? My idea of inner peace is to smile! As the adage goes "Laughter is good medicine"...or..."Smile and the world smiles with you".
7. Share a favorite quote, scripture, or song containing the word peace. A song I first heard on TV back in 1968 I believe was the year...Elvis Presley "If I Can Dream". If you'd like to listen and watch the TV special of this particular song...click on the cropped photo of Elvis. Play it loud!!! I still to this day play it often, cry a little, and have the song blaring loud and sing along with it. It's that kind of song...
There must be peace and understanding sometime
Strong winds of promise that will blow away
All the doubt and fear
If I can dream of a warmer sun
Where hope keeps shining on everyone
Tell me why, oh why, oh why won't that sun appear
Were lost in a cloud
With too much rain
Were trapped in a world
That's troubled with pain
But as long as a man
Has the strength to dream
He can redeem his soul and fly....
photo of Elvis Presley courtesy of Youtube...no copyright infringement intended.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Thank you all for the wonderful, comforting words left in my comments. I admit the past two weeks have been harrowing at times. Years ago, as some already know I had a procedure done on my heart...a heart ablation. For nearly two decades I experienced so many episodes of SVT...an extreme rapid heart rate of up to 250 beats a minute sometimes. I've been in and out of the ER since the first year we retired to Arizona, and bouts of the same since, and before my ablation done by an electro-physiologist...a cardiologist specializing in cauterizing the area that causes the SVT. Everything for the past five years has been super!! Then, the high blood pressure medications I was prescribed came out in generic!! Within about 2 and 1/2 months of the 'off brand' I began to experience extreme high blood pressure, bouts of arrhythmia off and on among other side effects. There was a kidney and liver dysfunction also. I have a heart rate and blood pressure monitor here at home [which I have checked yearly at the doctor's office to see if it's working properly]. The palpitations didn't scare me much, it was the blood pressure reading that concerned me!! So very erratic. Both the systolic and the diastolic readings. Okay...to make a story short...I talked with the nurses and the doctor at the cardiologist's office...seems the GENERIC brand of blood pressure meds has POTASSIUM added!! And it was never EVER revealed to me from the get go; nor is anything pertaining to a possible potassium overdose written anywhere on the pharmacy's medication pamphlet. After my session with the cardiologist, I also talked with the Pharmacist and you know what he told me? "It's all in your head...name brand and generic are no different"!!! Needless to say, that remark made me p!ssed, I contacted the Food and Drug Administration to have that warning added [side effects with the electrolytes can become dangerous or fatal]. AND I called/and sent a hand written complaint to the AMA on the pharmacist's demeanor. In a very short time back on the name brand Rx, and my liver/kidney functions are okay again...my heart rate is steady and at 70/85 beats a minute, which makes the blood pressure remain in the normal bracket. Blood test results show I was overdosing on potassium...without consuming high potassium foods/drinks!!