- - -
1. How did you ring in the new year? In bed, being awakened with fireworks around the 'hood. [which have been banned...hmmmmm!!!]
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013? More rain. Average here is nearly 30" for a one year period...we've had about 5" in the past entire year.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you? We may be the same person in body, but the mind changes constantly and thoughts and actions make us different.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? I read that a couple weeks ago....I love any shade of green. And yes, I have several pieces in that color already....blazer, sweaters, sweat pants. And if I see something ---If I like it--- I'll no doubt add it to the wardrobe.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone? Diamonds are a girl's best friend!!! My wedding band, with a solitaire diamond surrounded by emeralds since it's May's birthstone --we were married in May-- is my favorite gemstone.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012. Oh boy...difficult to answer this question. We did go see Les Miserables just days ago...and I was hoping it would be the best picture. Not so. I was quite disappointed of its entirety. Yes, it WAS good, but I have seen too many other performances that'll knock your socks off!!! This movie, starring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Russell Crowe and others...it had so much lacking in the songs/singing ---the best part was the scenery. That just blew me away. When carrying the body to save him...through the city's sewers...my imagination carried me away to the odors ...whoa. And as I don't care too much for Russell Crowe, I think he did the BEST in song performance. Eddie Redmayne [who plays Cosette's lover] was too 'jiggly' when he sang his parts for the most part, I'm being way too critical I suppose, but seriously....there at times I thought his jaw was gonna fall off. For me, hoping all along it would be the movie of the year.....lost it. The girl that played the young Cosette was a spittin' image of the Broadway poster!!
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year? Speaking of movies, I'll quote Bette Davis: "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy
8. Insert your own random thought here. My, but the year is going so quickly...golly, it's the 2nd day already!!! [I've always wanted to say that...forgive me]