THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-


-HORNED LARKS --
and more birds of interest



click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............

TAKE NOTE:
My photos are Lightbox enabled! Just click on one...then, continue clicking on enlarged photos!




What you'd expect...is not always what you see!

[bird's nest]


Connecting to:
Wordless Wednesday
Outdoor Wednesday
- - -


HODGEPODGE


1. How did you ring in the new year? In bed, being awakened with fireworks around the 'hood. [which have been banned...hmmmmm!!!]

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013? More rain. Average here is nearly 30" for a one year period...we've had about 5" in the past entire year.

3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you? We may be the same person in body, but the mind changes constantly and thoughts and actions make us different.

4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013? I read that a couple weeks ago....I love any shade of green. And yes, I have several pieces in that color already....blazer, sweaters, sweat pants. And if I see something ---If I like it--- I'll no doubt add it to the wardrobe.

5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone? Diamonds are a girl's best friend!!! My wedding band, with a solitaire diamond surrounded by emeralds since it's May's birthstone --we were married in May-- is my favorite gemstone.

6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012. Oh boy...difficult to answer this question. We did go see Les Miserables just days ago...and I was hoping it would be the best picture. Not so. I was quite disappointed of its entirety. Yes, it WAS good, but I have seen too many other performances that'll knock your socks off!!! This movie, starring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, and Russell Crowe and others...it had so much lacking in the songs/singing ---the best part was the scenery. That just blew me away. When carrying the body to save him...through the city's sewers...my imagination carried me away to the odors ...whoa. And as I don't care too much for Russell Crowe, I think he did the BEST in song performance. Eddie Redmayne [who plays Cosette's lover] was too 'jiggly' when he sang his parts for the most part, I'm being way too critical I suppose, but seriously....there at times I thought his jaw was gonna fall off. For me, hoping all along it would be the movie of the year.....lost it. The girl that played the young Cosette was a spittin' image of the Broadway poster!!

7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year? Speaking of movies, I'll quote Bette Davis: "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy year night." [often misquoted as a 'bumpy ride']

8. Insert your own random thought here. My, but the year is going so quickly...golly, it's the 2nd day already!!! [I've always wanted to say that...forgive me]







Connecting to:


50 comments:

  1. Great picture! Happy New year to you and Bud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your family, too, Mari!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You're right that not a usual sight that you see everyday.. I find it cool though because he is really starring at you here. :)

    Happy new year!

    Thanks for stopping by at http://www.edsnanquil.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  3. Squirrel nests are always fun to see. This is their mating season, so you might even see two of them up there. Strange but true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, in the shadows of the path, when I saw the two ears, I thought it was an owl. Then, as the light began to brighten, I saw the cute booger staring back at me.

      Delete
  4. Haha! It *is* the second day already! Yipes! This year might fly by it seems but hope you have many moments worth cherishing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header is so cute ! I also wish you a very happy New Year ! In the South of France where I am right now, there were no fireworks at all ! I am not used to that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...golly, you'd think France would celebrate with loads of hoopla. Live and learn.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Les Mis as much as I did. I loved the performances and much prefer it to perfect pitch. But everyone has his/her own ideas of what makes a perfect movie. I still remember with great fondness the trio song between Cosette, Marius and Eponine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...to me the singing is not what the story is about....but the non-practiced songs...live performances without recording made it stale in so many ways. More an opera than a musical in my opinion.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. ...it was a startling discovery. At first glance in the shade of the tree, I thought it was an owl.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year! I hope all your dreams and wants come true this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as I send the same to you.

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  10. I LOVE that Bette Davis quote!!

    I didn't know that you were so far behind on rainfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh yes, when the sea breeze blows even so gently, there is a dust bowl. :o(

      Delete
  11. Oh I am envious of that shot. It's way too cold for me to get out. Wow, you must have a powerful lens or was the nest down fairly low? Either way, I love the shot!

    My favorite movie version of Les Miserables is the one staring Liam Neeson. I really love him in the part and I have never been too keen on musicals!

    I love your answers and I too love green but haven't gotten anything in Emerald green this year. But this does explain why my hubby requested I look for an emerald shirt for him. He never cares about things like this and I was wondering what was up. He heard it on Sirius!! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

    I have come to love you Anni...you're the greatest...your answers are terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...my favorite is the 25th anniversary that was shown on PBS....w0w.

      I appreciate the fact that you enjoy my company as I do yours Jackie.

      Delete
  12. I always love your title splash! Wishing you and yours a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Wayne. And Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  13. Hee hee your hodgepodge is fun. Always learn something new about you when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sometimes I can be a bit 'corny'. LOL

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year! I haven't see Les Mis yet but I am sure it will be on the agenda soon! I am s sucker for musicals so maybe it will fair better for me when I see it!

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's not a BAD movie, just a disappointment to me somewhat 'cause of all the previous hype before its release date.

      Delete
  15. Cute! Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, and happy new year to you and yours from me to you.

      Delete
  16. To Steven Spielberg's quote, I would say that we're not even the same bodies year after year, but, oh, how we can wish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well....what I meant by my statement is that we are still a whole person. I can see why it could be easily misunderstood. :o)

      Delete
  17. Love your picture, you have a great talent for taking photos! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...happy new year to you too LynnMarie. Sorry, I can't find your blog 'cause the Blogger profile has no info to direct me.

      Delete
  18. Ok, Why are fireworks banned? I don't understand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. extreme drought conditions...even homes are susceptible to burning these days.

      Delete
  19. Happy Happy New Year Anni, Winston and Tahoe and Mr. B too!!
    We hope you had a catatastic time with your sis and bil.
    Looking forward to another great year of blogging fun.
    Mom just sent Volume 5 of Madi and Mom off to Blog2Print. OMCS she is one long winded woman.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. five? Wow...you tell your mom..."Go Girl!"

      Delete
  20. No bird in that nest but i see a squirrel. How cute is that? Happy New Year!
    JM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cute....yes, but so unexpected. LOL

      Delete
  21. That's one strange looking bird in that next :)
    I just learned that I've been misquoting Bette Davis. I always thought it was bumpy ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I misquoted it long ago....

      Delete
  22. i ADORE SQUIRRELS AND LOVIN THE 2013 MOUSE TOO hAPPY nEW yEAR :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...by what I read just now on your blog, you love animals!! You have a heart of gold.

      Delete
  23. such a great and lovely picture you've got there!
    happy new year! :)

    here. **Rebecca **

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and happy new year to you too, Rebecca

      Delete

.