Boa Constrictor - his name is "Julius Squeezer"
Poisonous Blue Dart Frog
The male seahorse is equipped with a brood pouch on the ventral, or front-facing, side of the tail. When mating, the female seahorse deposits up to 1,500 eggs in the male's pouch. The male carries the eggs for 9 to 45 days until the seahorses emerge fully developed, but very small. Once the seahorses are released into the water, the male's role is done and he offers no further care and often mates again within hours or days during the breeding season. Well, I say...la, di dah!!
Tree Boa
All these photos were taken during our tour of the Texas State Aquarium back in December of 2012. It's a great place to visit and you can easily spend hours here; there is so much to see. Some of the exhibits are 'hands on' for educational purposes, but these above are all enclosed in terrariums and aquariums...safe for those little hands.
connecting to:
Blue Monday
Monday Mellow Yellows
connecting to:
Blue Monday
Monday Mellow Yellows




yikes! sure scary critters this morning!!! why are the pretty ones always the deadly ones?
ReplyDelete...and not only in the world of animals.
DeleteJulius Squeezer--i love it!*lol*
ReplyDeletethe blue frog is beautiful, so as the tree boa.
I thought his name was a good one. ;o)
DeleteA few creepies hanging around here! Wooo! The dart frog is an amazing glowing blue! And the yellowed snakes are amazing in their pattern detail!
ReplyDelete...nature at its finest.
DeleteVery interesting critters! Funny that the seahorses take from 9-45 days. I would have thought that range would be smaller.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of the male carrying them through the gestation. LOL
DeleteMy guess is that the blue dart frog, no matter how poisonous, is no match for the boa constrictor!
ReplyDeleteBlue Lamps
Great pictures, Anni. I always love your descriptions, too. I've learned a lot from you... :-)
DeleteMMT...you're right on!
DeleteDJan...glad you enjoy my posts!!
DeleteAnni, I am amazed to learn that there is a blue frog. Thanks for enlightening me.
ReplyDeleteHappy 1st Blue Monday!
...thanks Sally.
DeleteThe male seahorse is a keeper...
ReplyDeleteHugs madi and mom
LOL...you got that right.
DeleteJulius Squeezer - snakes scare me so much!
ReplyDeleteI don't like them either Sandie...out in the wild, I can do okay when I know they're behind glass.
DeleteFantastic shots. Have a fabulous week!
ReplyDeleteLiz (mlc)
Liz (yacb)
Hope your week was fabulous too.
DeleteSeahorses....my favorite!!!
ReplyDelete...they're pretty cool all right.
DeleteVery good photos!
ReplyDeleteMama Bear
...thanks Ms. S!
DeleteFantastische Fotos und zum Glück haben sie dir nichts getan, standen schön Model.
ReplyDeleteSo etwas würde mich auch mal reizen zu fotografieren.
LG Mathilda ♥
I know just what you mean...they're pretty to photograph, but not so pretty knowing they're dangerous.
DeleteWow, I have never seen a blue frog before, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHere's my BLUE
Have a great week ahead!
...it's pretty in color only.
DeleteWell, I am so glad you were at an aquarium and these are not prowling around your yard!!! I always think those tiny dart frogs are so beautiful!!! Many poison animals are bright and beautiful, their color is a warming to stay away. So you know the little frog is my favorite picture today. You got a great shot of something so tiny!
ReplyDelete...glad you enjoyed this Ginny.
DeleteEven in your post, that fellow is too close for me.
ReplyDeleteI hear 'ya!!!
DeleteJulius Squeezer is a perfect name. That frog is so pretty even if it is poisonous
ReplyDeleteI loved that name too.
DeleteI love aquariums. Great photos, especially the dart frog!
ReplyDelete...thanks Carly.
DeleteGlad to find out that these bad boys are in the Aquarium --and not out somewhere near your home!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey are gorgeous though --even if they are deadly... Yipes.
Hugs,
Betsy
...if they were out in our lawn/area, I'd have the house on the market....trust me.
DeleteCool creepy critter pics!
ReplyDelete...I agree with the creepy, but maybe not so cool. LOL
DeleteAwesome post.
ReplyDelete...thanks Denise.
Delete