“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






A rose by any other name...

While a lot of you in USA are blanketed with that white stuff outside your abode, and chilled to the bone....I thought I'd show you a bit of Springtime in the Coastal area of Texas!! Oh yes, since the 28th of December we have NOT had a ray of sunshine poke through the nasty drab grayness of the sky. Guess that's why I've been posting so many sun-shots here of late...I need the rays one way or another. lol We had a soft drizzling of cold rain for some of those long days, which, for the factor of having RAIN, I'm not complaining about at all. Thing is, Sunday morning, we finally woke up to clear skies and I never felt so elated to see the sun! And it warmed up nicely by day's end. In the high 60s. Bud and I went birding and was excited to just get outdoors and walk in fresh, clean, clear air. I snapped a couple of pictures of the roses that are along the front foundation of our house.

Stop and smell the roses...Enjoy!!



The nights are still continuing to be quite cold for here with the high humidity...in the low to mid 40s. At least it's not freezing nor snowing! We are to have a couple of days with more sun, then the rains return. Hopefully, the weather pattern this year will bring us the normal precipitation.



CONNECTING TO:

28 comments :

  1. Annie, how wonderful you have roses this time of year! Its still cold in SC and we are having a lot more drab days this year...........no sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind not having sun, it's just the cold dampness that goes with it. No, I'm not picky at all. [insert wink]

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous captures!
    Sending warmth from Mumbai!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we need some of your warmth...thanks for sending some my way.

      Delete
  3. Magical folds of the petals in these beautiful roses! Gorgeous photos!

    And thanks so much for linking up to my new Monday Mellow Yellows meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Gemma, thanks for picking up on the Mellow Yellow.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful sight! It's supposed to warm up a little this week, but nowhere near that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, it barely made it to 60 here today...but it's supposed to be quite a hectic week for severe weather in the coming days.

      Delete
  5. They are beautiful Anni. I have roses too and normally I still have some blooms left at least through December and some times even later. But not this year. This year has been cold and drabby. It's almost impossible to get a good day of shooting in.

    Let's all hope this dreariness goes away soon. I wish we would warm up and get enough rain to get us out of this drought. Then have a lovely and cooler than average summer. Do I wish too much? I hope not! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .........oh a cooler than average summer sounds heavenly.

      Delete
  6. We always get rain here in the Pacific Northwest in the winter, but this is ridiculous. We are getting very few breaks between rainstorms. At least, as you point out, it's rain. Higher in the mountains, they are getting clobbered with the white stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you and me being once colorado residents, know all about snow. ;o)

      Delete
  7. Your photos are beautiful. We have had some beautiful sunrises here but It is coooold. Are highs are your lows. I am chilled to the bone for sure.
    It sounds like so much fun going birding.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, long time no see. Hope you're doing well. Stay warm.

      Delete
  8. Very pretty roses. Love the sweet color :)

    http://www.homezweethome.info/2013/01/yellow-bridge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the flowers.

      Delete
  9. Here is to MORE PRECIP!!!! for sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. AH----that is lovely... We are going to get a taste of your spring-time up here this week--so they say!!!!! Bet my Pansies will enjoy some sunshine and warmer temps... I'm sure we will.

    Gorgeous photos.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, pansies love the cooler times, but I'm sure it won't warm up too much as they don't like it too hot either.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous rose! Have a fabulous week.

    At the Car Show
    Chawan Mushi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved your car show post today too.

      Delete
  12. I thank you from the bottom of my frost bit heart for the sunshine and flowers. I really needed that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...cold there where you are? I imagine so.

      Delete
  13. The sunset is gorgeous and I love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sunrise. and I'm glad you enjoyed a bit o' Texas Springtime during the winter.

      Delete

.