“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






...a little humor goes a long way

Today, early [in fact I'm the 2nd one on the appointment list to be seen], I go in for my annual heart check-up with my electrophysiologist...





Wish me luck!!







_ _ _






...in the meantime, some Thursday Trash Talk for some laughs? Quite a while ago, I read this article that prompted quite a 'stir' in Yahooland and the comments, being that the company's logo was so ingeniously placed on the swimwear trunks of the olympic athlete. When I saw the photo** I personally have always appreciated British humor, and this shows to go, they do have a way with making the most of it. In fact, I would say, give this advertisement executive a pay raise for the clever way of promoting the company....you'll never look at British Gas without remembering this. I purposely kept the image large for the post so you can easily see the 'ad' clearly ...







...now for the fun part [you mean there is more fun other than the swim trunks? ---yes!!--- keep reading]....

MeAgain posted: ...on the Front: "Oh, I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener."

Paul posted: ....we all want truth in advertising.

Murse posted: ...kiss my gas!

Otto Pilot posted: ...put a match to it and see if it explodes.

Woogy posted: ....British Gas backs out (no pun intended), Preparation H could step in.

Three posted: ...as long as a woman diver doesn't have red star yeast sponsor on the front of her swimwear

Rus From A Long Time Ago posted: ...at least Target wasn't his sponsor.

anti Scam posted: ...much better if they put a logo of gas pump in front

Katrina posted: ...better than "where no man has gone before"




...and last one today--

Marc posted: Something about this story just doesn't smell right.


**[which by the way has been borrowed with no copyright infringement intended---I pixelated the face to play is 'safe'] - courtesy of YahooNews

22 comments :

  1. My employer, the Gas Company here in Oklahoma, should consider something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll work for your gas company too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this was just too funny! I laughed out loud. The guy is a hunk, too, isn't he? The comments were really funny, too, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hunka-hunka burnin' love. rofl

      Delete
  3. Funny! Thanks for starting our days with a laugh.

    Good luck at the doctor's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's always good to laugh to start your day.

      Delete
  4. Okay just when I was going to say a quick prayer - I WENT On down and saw your man. How are you going to get your heart rate down with him? sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it isn't heart rate I'm concerned about. roflmao

      Delete
  5. Hi Anni oh my cats that is a funny picture and the comments spot on.

    GOOOOOOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY.
    HUGS MADI AND MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well by now you've already gone to your appointment. hope all went well.
    That ad is the best I've ever seen. The comments are hysterical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was hilarious, both the 'ad' sense of humor AND the comments.

      Delete
  7. Anni that was hilarious. But not very well shaped for a swimmer. Good luck with your cardiology appt. Had mine early this month for a electrocardiogram and sonogram. It made me immediately go home and ride my exercycle 10 miles!! BTW, I blew off my stress test in August and never rescheduled...doctor never realized it!! I hate those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too, me too Chuck. I hate those lousy stress tests. We have enough stress in a day's time without the assistance of those white coats!!

      Delete
  8. Praying your check-up goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Denise. Every prayer helps.

      Delete
  9. Good luck at the doc's today.
    I really had a good laugh today with the comments. Thanks for the laugh today!!!
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Sharon, you have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  10. Hahahahahaha! What a good laugh - thank you Anni! :) Good Luck with your heart check-up - do hope all went well! Thank you for brightening my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad I could help in any way. :o)

      Delete
  11. You are too funny, Anni!

    Good Luck at the doctor's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy humor often. Thanks Veronica

      Delete

.