my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Oh my goodness!!!


  • I did have a post set up to publish for Thursday....and, I thought I'd prescheduled it to post just after midnight. But, returning home from being absent and not online for most of Wednesday and yesterday, I just now came in and realized that the post didn't get set for a scheduled post afterall!!! So, I'll just save my Themesong for NEXT week then. My goodness...

  • My Halloween Wreath Project is complete.  I used mostly Dollar Store Items....I got a felt cutout web in black, a small grapevine wreath, a large black spider, glitter, a card of plastic skeletons, some grape cluster picks which I separated for individual balls [keeping the wiring attached to each one].  I also took a small scrap of cream lamé material and used a cotton ball for the stuffing to make a mini-ghost.  After using a washed glue [mix of water and craft glue] on the spider and one skeleton, I dusted the skeleton with pink glitter and the spider with the bright lemon-lime green glitter.  After drying, I attached everything, including some greenery and autumnal picks with pumpkins with the wires...glue...and twists.  To hide the back side of wiring, I then glued on the felt web, and added a string of fishing line to hang from the backside of our kitchen cupboards that show from the open wall counter from the dining room.....





  • ....and this is the finished wreath:


  • Checking right NOW to make sure my fragments are gonna post correctly...."check"

  • Debates for the presidential race I watched. If I were to vote today then, I think someone, with my vote, would be ousted. Hmmmmm, Mitt won that debate hands down. MHO










  • CONNECTING TO:

    Mommy's Idea


    45 comments :

    1. your wreath is STUNNING, well done Anni!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I wondered what happened to you! Oh well...there is always next week. If you read my post today, you know I am going to become a slacker when it comes to blogging. BTW, agree on the debate...'nuff said!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...this is a busy time for us - not going anywhere much, just that the cooler temps keeps us outdoors.

        Delete
    3. That wreath is fantastic ... you are so creative!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Annie, your one creative lady!! That wreath is so cute!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Susan....long time no see. Thanks for the compliment.

        Delete
    5. Great wreath! Love how colorful it is!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Your time of the year... Halloween wreaths with lots of pretty shiny stuff. Wonderful!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...yep, I'm known kind-heartedly in my family as the Queen of 'Ween.

        Delete
    7. Ooooooh, I LOVE your wreath!! I'm loving the idea so much, I may just go to the dollar store today and see if I can get the stuff I need to make one too! lol You always come up with such great ideas:-)

      I didn't watch the debate...to me it's always about which politician can bull crap his way through it! lol

      When you have time, come on over to my blog to see the witch I just bought myself!! xoxo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Witch? Did you say witch? Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I'm speeding over right now.

        Delete
    8. You're very talented! I agree with you on the debate.
      PS - make sure you stop by my blog today. I mentioned you today!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. oh oh....I hope whatever I'm written about is good. LOLOLOL [just kidding] = I'm on my way

        Delete
    9. You gotta love those Dollar stores. You can walk in and find something that you'd pay almost three times for someplace else. Those stores are my friends.
      LOVE the wreath! The glittery green spider is wonderful.

      The debates - I know folks believe Mitt won the debate but I just don't feel he has given me enough of how he's going to do things yet. I'm one of those on the fence still of who to vote for so I'm still watching closely.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...well, in all honesty, polls and opinions this early really means little. And I agree with your thoughts on his not giving us what we want to hear, but the debate answers were far more filled with confidence this time around.

        Delete
    10. What is it about Dollar Stores? I always leave with items I never intended to buy but feeling like I really did something wonderful! I think it is that gene that evolved in my ancestors surviving in extreme poverty in Italy and then immigrating to the United States and surviving the Great Depression. :-) As for the debates...we watched and will watch the rest. But nothing seems to quell my sense of cynicism and distrust. I think EVERYONE should be sent home and not allowed to come back until they can "play well with others!"

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ....oh don't get me started on debates...but in all, this most recent debate was quite civil.

        Delete
    11. That is one cool Halloween project.

      ReplyDelete
    12. I learned a couple of things today. Blogger can schedule posts and there are wreaths for Halloween. Doh!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...I've learned the hard way to not just schedule your post, but remember to SAVE your time. That, I didn't do.

        Delete
    13. That is a great wreathe Anni!!!

      ReplyDelete
    14. my mom just recently introduced me to the dollar store. i have a very strange relationship with it!! the wreath is adorable!!

      i have tried several times to preschedule posts and it never works for me!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. $ stores are great for us 'crafty' ones. LOL

        Delete
    15. Nifty wreath. Yep, Mitt won that debate. He really had his act together.

      ReplyDelete
    16. That's happened more than once to me with the scheduled posts. It's quite frustrating.
      I LOVE that wreath. Very clever. Now I think I might have to go to the dollar store while I'm out tomorrow and see what I can pick up

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...if you do pick up stuff, and make one....be sure to let us see it!!!

        Delete
    17. I love your wreathe - looks expensive!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...as long as it's sparkly. I've become addicted to anything sparkly. LOL

        Delete
    18. Great job, Anni! WOW! You are one multi-talented lady!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Love the wreath. I am so non-crafty, is that even a word?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ...thanks....sorry, tho, I can't find any blog link to your blog?!!!!

        Delete
    20. Love the wreath!!!

      If you know who isn't ousted, I think we're all in deep trouble....deeper than we are already in now! I'll be voting for Mitt.

      ReplyDelete
    21. Fabulous wreath, creative you are!

      <3
      Sonshu
      www.thesonshu.com

      ReplyDelete
    22. I have a love/hate for the scheduling thing. The time always assumes my drafting time, grrr! That wreath is so cool, and cheaply made right? Sweet!

      Didn't get to actually watch the debate, but heard enough to know someone stood out and someone disappointed. Curious to see the town hall one...

      ReplyDelete

    .