my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Summertime Shadows

Hot Town, Shadows of the City....









CONNECTING TO:




_ _ _



SUNDAY'S SUMMARY


Even if I don't work the clock, and have to go working outside the home anymore, the holidays still make a week a bit 'foggy'. Me, not knowing what day of the week it is for the most part 'til everything according to stores, government, closures gets back to 'normal'. In other words, I thought Tuesday was Monday and so on and so forth. GEEZ. So, what did I do this week? Not much. Bud and I mowed and edged the lawn, tho it really isn't in a 'high growth' period. We try and water the grass to keep it from getting too scorched, but it just isn't growing at a healthy rate. In any case, that's done for a while. I noticed when out in the front yard, the crepe myrtle is blooming for a second time this season, but sad part it, the leaves on the bush are a rusty brown from this eternal inferno. On Wednesday we went birding to a few places....everywhere we stopped, either dried up and weeds growing where there should be water, or the water is so scant that it's turned green with slime...not fresh water at all!!! We saw a few American Coots and a few Warblers, but that was it. Even the fresh water ponds stood quite vacant and no activity whatsoever. This all took place on the island...Mustang Island, where the little town of Port Aransas is located. And there, I turned in my art submission. Thanks to all who commented on my finished painting, you talked me into submitting my work. Also on Wednesday, after working on Joyce's Wednesday meme, Hodgepodge, there was mention of creamy or crunchy peanut butter....which made me instantly think of peanut butter cookies...so, had to make a half batch of them!!! And oh were they ever ooooey, goooey, good!! By the way, Tuesday morning, we, just for the heck of it, we stopped at TUESDAY MORNING, and as suspected all the Halloween Decorations were sold out!!! I'm sure glad we bought the three witches back at the beginning of August!! I'm not the only one in town who loves to collect 'em I guess. And I am truly pleased I have 'em for next month's decorating. I've dubbed them Lenore, Annabel Lee, and Raven [Raven is all dressed up in black!!]. We sat at the desktop computer and watched the third episode of the season of GRIMM....the 1st thru the 3rd episodes have been more or less a 'tell all' for now. All very good. Looks to be an upcoming promising season for this program...one of two that we continue to watch online, without cable TV. One day this week, don't ask me what day it was, LOL, we began pulling up and getting rid of all the rose bushes in the rose box. For the last two years they have been nearly stagnant, non-existing growth, again because of the 2 year drought. No matter how much I'd water [sometimes twice a day] they have become so destitute looking that I couldn't take their suffering in the extreme heat. Either this Fall we'll replace all we dug out, or put something a bit more drought tolerant in the area that is full sun!! The only other thing that has been on my itinerary this past week is looking for our annual trip with Erik. Instead of going out of state, we are planning on traveling around Texas's beautiful Hill Country. There is always something to see in Texas!!! And for the most part, even if we have seen them, most likely it was years ago when the kids were little. I've been tracking places to see and where to stay, etc. Of course there WILL be at least ONE birding expedition included. LOL Much to Erik's chagrin. Too bad. rofl



hill country image courtesy of Google Images


26 comments :

  1. Beautiful hot shadows! So love the glorious water view of the boats! The colours in this photo are magical! Enjoyed your weekly comment too! And your named your 3 witches! One had to be Raven! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....Poe always makes me think "Halloween"...don't know why.

      Delete
  2. The shadows in these shots are beautiful, and I am dying to know how you did your framing. I love frames for my pictures, but have never seen one like this before. I am thinking you can change the colors. My favorite is your boat capture. It is heavenly. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...adding 'frames' around an image is quite simple...it's just css coding.

      Delete
  3. Your hot town looks humid and sultry in each view - even the shadows and shade do not allow the viewer to feel more than slightly cooler...no matter that the years pass by, we are confused about the days in a three day weekend, still...I have noticed that Halloween candy is now out. Whatever happened to this October holiday when candy and decorations were unavailable before Sept 30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, if you really must add that comment about 'what happened to the October holiday 'non-existent' in the stores until Sept 30th, -----------CHRISTMAS stuff is out on the shelves too.

      Delete
  4. Love your photos - especially that water shot! Hope you enjoy your trip and get to see some birds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, the trip is a way off right now, gotta wait 'til it cools down, but thing is, a lot of people from all over travel to Texas and I want to make sure we have reservations well in advance. Y'know?

      Delete
  5. I love Grimm and like the new twist of the partner being in-the-know. This will open up the series for more interesting episodes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shadow shots. I especially like the shot of the clouds over the water.
    It is always a good idea to buy seasonal items the first time you see them if possible, as they usually do not last long.
    Hope you find lots of birds on your trip.
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it will be a while for the trip, I'm just getting ideas and figuring out a proposal for an itinerary.

      Delete
  7. Love your shadow pics. What a pretty garden. I sometimes find myself waking up on a Saturday, hating the thought of getting up and going to work, only to realise it's the week-end! I love that, being able to curl up again and have a catnap. Not such fun when you wake up on Monday and think it's Sunday LOL! Your trip sounds like a lot of fun. I enjoy the planning part too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there, done that so many times....and thing is, I usually can't go back to sleep...once I wake up, I'm wide awake. LOL

      Delete
  8. Am drooling your life living in the Gulf of Mexico.

    I guess, you have a great life, hot and sunny.

    Gorgeous shots.

    Enjoy your SSS2 day and have a blissful day.
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...soon you'll be on your vacation and hopefully you'll experience the 'tropical' climes also!!

      Delete
  9. i pick the boats on the water as my favorite...such a great shot anni!! enjoy your not knowing what time it is time...that should be what life is about!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, if you say so. Then, my life is well and good. :o)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous pictures Anni....
    LOL on knowing what day of the week it is. I've finally decided everyday is Saturday. Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the shadows as muggy as the rest of your fair city probably is? :)

    Desert Shadows at Dusk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's been hot more than muggy the last couple of years. Dry and no moisture much except from the sea of course.

      Delete
  12. Lovely captures Anni.


    Come and see the shadows of Wild Berries.

    ReplyDelete

.