“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Honeycomb....Honeycomb---





Well it's a darn good life
And it's kinda funny
How the Lord made the bee



And the bee made the honey
And the honeybee lookin' for a home
And they called it honeycomb...

[CHORUS]


And the Lord said now that I made a bee
I'm gonna look all around for a green, green tree
And He made a little tree and I guess you heard



What then, well, he made a little bird
And they waited all around till the end of Spring
Gettin' every note that the birdie'd sing
And they put 'em all into one sweet tome
For my Honeycomb

[CHORUS]

And the Lord says now that I made a bird
I'm gonna look all round for a little ol' word
That sounds about sweet like "turtledove"



And I guess I'm gonna call it "love"
And He roamed the world lookin' everywhere
Gettin' love from here, love from there
And He put it all in a little ol' part
Of my baby's heart

[CHORUS]


...like.....HONEYCOMB





Song by Jimmie Rodgers "Honeycomb"
photos by Anni - wasp nest found on a birding trail in town, crepe myrtle tree in blossom [our yard] and turtle dove from our backyard.






CONNECTING TO:


31 comments :

  1. Nice pictures you show - like all of them.
    Bi cube is really nice.
    Hanne Bente

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Haven't heard that song in some time. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks, an 'oldie but goodie' maybe?

      Delete
  3. The crepe myrtle is gorgeous. The wasp nest, not so nice, I'm allergic to those critters. But bees I love.
    I haven't heard this song in decades. It made me smile when it started playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm allergic to bee stings that I know, but I'm not sure if I've ever been stung by a wasp. Thanks for joining this week.

      Delete
  4. This would have been one of the songs my brothers and I would have listened to on the radio while we ate breakfast before going to school. :)
    Thanks for happy memories.
    The crepe myrtle is lovely and that bee nest is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are great - given my allergies to bees, I can't say I loved the honeycomb photo though...LOL. This was a great old song and brought back a lot of memories. Haven't heard it in AGES! Great pairing of song and photos today! Thanks for hosting this meme - it is my absolute favorite one. If I had to give up blogging totally, I think I would still participate in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda....glad you enjoy TTS so much.

      Delete
  6. Great post,Anni I loved the photos. Just gorgeous. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute song, never heard it before... nice play on words too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {{{Shadow!!!}}} Where have you been? It's so nice to see you again.

      Delete
  8. Oh you aced it today. That is one of my favorite oldies love the beat to get me out of my chair this am.
    What an impressive honeycomb picture.
    Thanks for the memories
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks M&M....it's a 'feel good song' Even tho the 'honeycomb' I have here isn't so nice to look at. LOL

      Delete
  9. LOL at your pepper grinder story!!

    As far as the size of the accordion....they have smaller ones for children. As you grew you graduated up. Mine was about 18" long.
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...LOL....glad you clarified that, but I could comment more about size matters...but won't.

      Delete
  10. Those wasps just make me shudder. Hope you weren't too close. I've always loved that song.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...nope, use of a zoom lens helps.

      Delete
  11. Adorable! I even love the bees and wasps looking fine. I've got one word for you, Anni: Lordy! I sure enjoyed this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's always good to read that you enjoy my postings DJan.

      Delete
  12. Some great honeycomb compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos, even the wasp nest, which I was happily thinking was bees and a honeycomb until you mentioned it. O well. LOL
    Always liked "Honeycomb" for its happy, infectious beat, and Jimmie Rodgers for his cute smile. Life was so simple then. We didn't like men for their "buns" and we didn't even know about "abs"!
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...closest I could get to a real 'honeycomb'. :o)

      Delete
  14. Okay at least we agree those are wasp nests...not bees nests! I thought you had lost your honey-lovin' mind for a sec! Great shots though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that's a close as I could get for 'honeycomb'. LOL

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the great pix and the sone! Thats high school stuff for me, and I still knew every word of it. My first visit here and I came from your other Bird blog. Beautiful, beautiful!

    Jo in MN

    ReplyDelete

.