my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




nanananananana.....Batman

Seal - Kiss From A Rose


Since the conclusion of the Batman Trilogy [The Dark Knight Rises] opens in theaters tomorrow I wanted to share a favorite song of mine from Batman Forever movie....sung by SEAL...a Kiss From a Rose


There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.

You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
Ooh,
The more I get of you,
The stranger it feels, yeah.
And now that your rose is in bloom.

A light hits the gloom on the gray.
There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.
You remain,
My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
Ooh, the more I get of you
The stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom.

A light hits the gloom on the gray,
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,

I've been kissed by a rose
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
...And if I should fall along the way
I've been kissed by a rose
...been kissed by a rose on the gray.

There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.
You remain
My power, my pleasure, my pain.
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, yeah
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.

Ooh, the more I get of you
The stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the gray.
Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray
Ooh, the more I get of you
The stranger it feels, yeah
And now that your rose is in bloom

A light hits the gloom on the gray
Now that your rose is in bloom,
A light hits the gloom on the gray.





CONNECTING TO:




since I posted the whole song in lyrics, I will withdraw all Thursday Trash Talk and resume next week. Just, for quicker loading time.


PHOTO CREDITS...all different roses from our yard during the Spring months before the 2nd summer of drought conditions

22 comments :

  1. Sorry that I haven't been around much lately. It has been crazy busy at the office and I haven't blogged much.
    I have always liked the Kissed By A Rose song and you were definitely kissed by several beautiful roses. Each one is so full of color and beautiful. I think the yellow rose is my favorite, there is something about it. It was my Mother's favorite and may well be why I like it so much, they always remind me of her.
    I love the photographer lady at the side of your blog page. She is adorable. Your page is always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no need to apologize. Life goes on, and blogging sometimes, I completely understand, is put on the back burner.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard this song - it is very nice! And your roses are simply beautiful - I love that frilly one! I need to figure out how to put in the link to songs without going through YouTube. I have some of the ones I have used on my computer in albums, but haven't been able to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's an oldie but goodie.

      Delete
  3. Your roses are so pretty! Our climbers have suffered badly this summer, so it's nice to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....most of these photos came from my file folder, being that they were photographed a lot earlier this year.

      Delete
  4. Seal has such a pretty voice. This is a new song to me too!! OMW your roses are exquisite. I bet they take lots of TLC.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses are indeed beautiful, and the words to that song are, too. Are you going to go see the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked 'em DJan...and, yes we'll go see the movie, but not on the opening weekend to be sure.

      Delete
  6. I remember that song and I like it. Haven't heard that in ages. Pretty roses too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me either, and seeing all the rose images in my file folder made me think of the song.

      Delete
  7. Your roses are so pretty. Love that song!

    And Batman - heard it was already sold out this weekend!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we have a couple of multi-plexes and I noticed each one has several theaters showing the movie with just 1/2 hour break from one to the next.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful lyrics and photos, Anni!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous roses, Anni. You KNOW how much I love seeing them...AND--that song by Seal is PERFECT... Thanks!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...coming from you Betsy, that positive feedback makes me feel good.

      Delete
  10. You take the best flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the song, love the roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...did you sing along Denise? :o)

      Delete

.