my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




a deer fellow...




hibiscus blossom against the iron deer statue, outdoors on patio





CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone


_ _ _




MONDAY MORSELS

I was presented this past week with a blogging award. From Linda at "The Road Awaits"!! I loved it. Thanks so much. We are definitely sisters in such a way as age, thoughts, similar interests, and just all around love of life!!! Now, along with this award I am supposed to add a few 'unknown' facts about myself. I must say, as I blog I tend to blurt out just about all there is to know, so this may be a bit challenging. But, I'll try and give it 'a go'....

*I fear heights, but love flying in an airplane [both commercial and private]
*I fear water depths above my head, but love the ocean
*I love watermelon and cantaloupe, but detest honeydew
*I tend to do the opposite of what I'm told...always have, always will. i.e., "turn down the music"...I turn the volume up. That sorta rebellion.
*I hated history in school, but love reading it now; especially historical novels. Still, when I see a book that's non-fiction of a particular subject I like reading about, and I see the index in the back pages, I think "textbook"....ewww!!!
*My middle name is "shoes"!!! But, I'd prefer to be barefoot.
*I hate snakes! Any kind. (which brings me to a tale of yore...my middle older brother; while having a family camp out in the mountains, found a water snake, came up to me as I sat by the campfire, and put the snake down the back of my shirt!!! Hence, my hatred of snakes, but still love [and now miss] my brother!!)

That's about it, I'm sure I've posted most of the previous at one time or another, but that's "just the facts, ma'am".

Then, to sisters of the blog-hood....I pass this on:

Madi and Mom [The Diva and her Mom] at Down Home in North Carolina
Ann at Snap Edit Scrap
Kathy at Empty Nest but Full Heart
...and anyone who thinks like me, being sisters-in-arms, please feel free to grab it and let me know when you post your unknown facts about you!!!


_ _ _

I posted some new bird photos over at "I'd Rather B Birdin" photo blog. I really have to admit that these photos this weekend, of the Black Bellied Whistling Duck, are pretty darned good. They're beautiful besides. Multi-colored from a rusty rufous brown, to yellow gold, black, red orange and blue tipped beak....and not to mention PINK feet!!! Take a look-see....HERE Along with a few images of the duck, I also added a Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal, and a Cormorant.

34 comments :

  1. Congrats on the award, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award Anni, and it was also nice to learn a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. loved the deer photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's small, but quite nice looking in front of the hibiscus. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed finding out more about you this morning - and I am glad you liked the award! I have so enjoyed your blog - just like being in the kitchen with you! Again, here we go with the similarities - fear heights, but love to fly; fear deep water but love the ocean (only for wading and walking along the shore)...and on and on. I absolutely LOVE that deer statue - is it in your garden? I must have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the statue is on a brick framing around the 'bay' window of the dining room...on the patio.

      Delete
  5. I really like that deer statue! Congrats on the award too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You deserve every award you get, Anni. I always enjoy your take on life, even if you ARE ornery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Jan, I take your words as complimentary...I love being ornery. It makes those around me more alert to what I may do next. LOL

      Delete
  7. Wonderfully creative macro ~ congrats on award ~~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, Congrats on the award. I used to participate in all kinds of stuff like that --but it got to be too much so I gave it up... Now I have an 'award free' blog.... BUT--I enjoy reading facts about my blog friends...

    Nobody has ever put a snake down my back (thank goodness) but I do NOT like snakes either....

    Great photo.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I wouldn't wish for ANYone to have a brother doing that to them. LOL

      Delete
  9. Golly Gee Ms Anni thank you so very much for this award and CONGRATS on receiving it yourself!! Mom and I will display it on our sidebar with proud and hopefully do a post about it on Wednesday....Mom said she is an open book so we'll try to dig deep into her sordid past for some good facts.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS how is your whip lashed foot today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...healing nicely, thanks for asking.

      Delete
  11. Anni right clicking on the award button does not let me copy...can you email it to me?
    thanks C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot. I like combo of the rusty deer statue and the bright fresh colors of the leaves and the flower.. Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for visiting. I enjoyed your beautiful flower macros.

      Delete
  13. Anni Mom found the sisterhood award on Google...we are good to go now.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your deer! Such a nice photo too! I'm also not a lover of snakes, but hate spiders more! Will be doing my Christmas in July soon! Please pop past! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that deer statue.
    Congrats on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me. I tend to be a little rebellious when being told to do something too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...makes life a tad bit more interesting, doesn't it?

      Delete
  16. Haha my grandson is just like you too - he does the opposite of what he is told too! Love, sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...more fun and keeps others on their toes.

      Delete
  17. Thanks for the award! I am not much for blogging awards ... not because I don't appreciate the thought nor because I don't want to share the blog love, but because I follow so many great blogs that I just cannot choose who to pass the award along to ... I can't bear the thought of leaving anyone out. ;-) Again, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

.