my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Here's the scoop...

".....her-r-r-r-r-e kitty, kitty!!! Nice little kitty!!!"


TIGER - BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS ZOO



_ _ _


May Categories for Photo Hunt
5th * Zap
12th * Scoop
19th * Magical
26th * Creative

FIRST OF ALL, I would like to take this time right now to give thanks to all who sent along best wishes for Bud and me on our anniversary yesterday. I'll get to visitin' y'all today!!!! Your kindness and thoughts mean a great deal to both of us!!!! And as for today's post....
There could be many interpretations for this word prompt this week.  A scoop of ice cream, a pooper scooper [hey, I have pets!!], a heavy yard implement such as a scoop shovel, or perhaps obtaining a piece of news interest like 'getting the scoop' of the story at hand.  What to do?  Which can I choose?  Well, if you've followed me for some time now, I think you may remember that I like to collect the unusual basket or reed-woven items.  Baskets, mainly for one purpose, to use as an electrical outlet cover-upper.  I really dislike having a clean, decorated room with painted walls, and then...where does the eye go?  Yes, for me the nasty looking, unattractive wall sockets spoil the whole room.  So, if one is exposed, I cover them by making a basket arrangement to hide 'em...

--Two wicker scoops--
[left]: behind the legged basket [right]: atop a bouquet of flowers
-hiding ugly wall sockets-




And, of course, with two cats...what else? Yep, you guessed it a CAT POOPER SCOOPer!!! But, really, do I want my blog associated with this scoop? I guess so, since it's part of my post. [see #5 in list of "WORLD DOMINATION" below!!!] Hope we don't have too many of these kinda prompts in the future photo hunts....









CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters




_ _ _


WEEKEND FUNNIES



SIGNS your cat is planning world domination:

1] Sits on your newspaper in the morning and carefully reads the coded message that Garfield sends out every day.
2] Used to sleep on top of TV, now monitors CNN 24 hours a day.
3] Kitty Chow spilled on the floor spells out "Drop the car keys and leave the door open or the dog gets it in the head."
4] Has recently been acting somewhat... aloof.
5] Judging from the litter box, he seems to be working on some kind of "land mine" technology.

SIGNS of your cat having your email password:

1] Mail flames from some guy named "Fluffy."
2] Traces of kitty litter in your keyboard.
3] Your web browser has a new home page .
4] Your mouse has teeth marks in it... and a strange aroma of tuna.
5] Hate-mail messages to Apple Computer Corp. about their release of "CyberDog."
6] Your new ergonomic keyboard has a strange territorial scent to it.
7] You keep finding new software around your house like CatinTax and WarCat II.
8] In cyberworld, you're known as the IronMouser.
9] Little kitty carpal-tunnel braces near the scratching post.


CAT DICTIONARY:

Purrchase: anything bought for a cat.
Purrfume: the scent of an open can of tuna.
Purrgatory: a houseful of kittens. [gato is Spanish for cat BTW]
Purrmission: a feline hunting expedition.
Purrpetual: everlasting feline love.
Purrplex: a house with two or more cats.
Purrson: a male kitten.
Purrsuit: the garment your shedding cat rubs against just as you are leaving home to go to an important meeting.
Purrverse: a poem about a wicked kitty.
Dog: a cat's device for running practice.
Door: something a cat always wants to be on the other side of.
Energy: the element of vitality cats always have an oversupply of until you try to play with them.
Human: an automatic door opener for cats.
Impurrsonate: to act like the cat.
Kitten: a small homicidal muffin on legs; affects human sensibilities to the point of endowing the most wanton and ruthless acts of destruction with near-mythical overtones of cuteness. Not recommended for beginners. Get at least two.
Purrade: an organized march of cats.
Purradise: the garden of Cats.
Purramour: a cat lover.
Purranoia: the fear that your cat is up to something.
Purraphernalia: a cat's personal belongings.
Aquarium: interactive television for cats.


Cat:
1. a lapwarmer with a built-in buzzer.
2. a four footed allergen.
3. a small, four-legged, fur-bearing extortionist.
4. a small, furry lap fungus.
5. a treat-seeking missile.
6. a wildlife control expert.
7. one who sleeps in old, empty pizza boxes.
8. a hair relocation expert.
9. an un-programmable animal.


Cataclysm: any great upheaval in a cat's life.
Catatonic: a feline medicinal drink.
Caterpillar: a soft scratching post for a cat.
Cat Scan: to look for a new cat.

70 comments :

  1. Considering we are the adoptive parents of four (yes four) feline children this was a very interesting and appropriate post for us today. I also hope to share it with a few other folks I know in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cat lovers need to stick together....

      LOL

      Delete
  2. Great interpretations all! :b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by today YTSL

      Delete
  3. So I'm up at 3 a.m. - can't sleep, so am surfing the net, naturally. I see that I've missed your anniversary, among many other interesting things! I am so sorry I only make it over around once a week these days. Hope you had a great time celebrating your special day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn....I do hope you were able to get back to bed and get more rest. Don't worry 'bout always stopping by, I know you're a busy lady with the granddaughters and life in CO!! Just take time for yourself!!!

      Delete
  4. hahaha love the pooper scooper pic =]

    thanks for visiting my blog earlier =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...glad you liked it Ian.

      Delete
  5. Great scoops. I went right for the ice cream myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked your Italian Ice post for 'scoop'....they're so tasty on a hot, blustery day. Thanks for stopping by Kara.

      Delete
  6. Great post! Lovely to see this!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the funnies today. And, I like your creative use of baskets to cover the sockets! Fortunately (or maybe not), most of mine have ended up behind furniture...which makes it a pain when you have to plug something in...as for the scooper, well, haven't needed one of those in a while. But there was a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist having 'cat litter' littering the weekend funnies this week. LOL Hey? I don't use the pooper scooper...Bud does. That chore is in HIS duty book roster. LOL

      Delete
  8. Well that sure was good coverage of 'Here's the Scoop'. That kitty litter scoop looks very familiar to us. We just love the cat dictionary. That was really really well done. Our Mom was laughing our loud. Hope you have a super week end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg...hope your day is super...and your meow-mom day tomorrow is full of fun, not fur balls.

      Delete
  9. i like your photos. nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post Anni! I'f course we love the feline facts and definitions!!
    Heaven forbid Madi getting any of my passwords. She would max them all 'purrchasing' Purina one!
    The girl lives to eat!!
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....you mean to say PURRchase PURRina One. LOLOLOL

      Delete
  11. Great idea for hiding the cords. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that is one of my household pet peeves...exposed wall sockets. LOL

      Delete
  12. Love the scoop and the kitty!! Happy Anniversary to you two, cheers!
    always a pleasure to read your fun posts

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a lot of fun, Anni. You did "scoop" proud, I'd say. I used to have cats but since I've moved into an apartment complex that doesn't allow any pets, I've chosen to be cat-less for awhile. I still enjoy everybody else's though. Happy Mother's Day, Anni!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had dogs and cats all my life [that I can remember]...I think I would make sure I had a place I could have either just to keep me company.

      Delete
  14. That's the same type of scoop that comes to mind here. ;)

    Love the cat dictionary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dictionary was a hoot. glad you liked it.

      Delete
  15. The photo of the tiger is gorgeous. I think your wicker outlet hiders are very attractive! And... when I was growing up, my 16 lb black cat was named "Fluffy" hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...as is your robin pose on CC this week!!!

      Delete
  16. I wouldn't want to have to scoop the tiger's litter box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no kiddin'!! Me either.

      Delete
  17. ha! We thought about using a litter scoop, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I loved your 'scoop' much better.

      Delete
  18. With several cats, hamsters, and a Golden Retriever in our home, we've done a lot of scooping throughout the years. But we also found less obvious photos for the scoop theme. I like your creativity for hiding wall sockets - we call them pig snouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kitties you posted about today are super!!!

      Delete
  19. Aren't they just precious and sweet when they are asleep? He he he!! That is one cat I would not want to wake up! Funny stuff ere today, and how clever the basket/outlet idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....I wouldn't want to disturb it either. Sleeping OR awake!!!

      Delete
  20. You certainly covered scoop thoroughly. I don't quite get the tiger, but assume it's a news scoop.

    Congrats on your anniversary! I totally forgot it, but then I forgot my dd's birthday too, so it's no surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband is always making fun of me 'hiding' electrical sockets... SEE! I'm not the only one :-)

    Things will be 'magical' next weekend at The Saturday PhotoHunt.
    ~ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved (and laughed all the way through) your cat-initions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got some laughs from the post Dimple.

      Delete
  23. As the humble servant to a host of cats I almost laughed my head off reading your post Anni. It was really nice of my cats to allow me a little computer time today to drop by and see you. I think they want something in return.

    A belated Happy Anniversary!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy....hope you had a great Mama's day.

      Delete
  24. Annie, I do not know how I missed it being your and Bud's anniversary! I am always a day or two behind! Congratulations to you and Bud!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL -- I needed a good laugh today, thank you!

    And the tiger is just gorgeous!!

    Visiting via Camera Critters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post and I like your ideas
    I borrowed your weekend funnies for my cat friends. thank you.

    http://hindmarsh-island.com/?p=653

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well Anni as you know I am a dog kinda guy but found the humor of the cats to be purrrfect. I too hate to see outlets and my wife has certainly covered them all...can't ever find one to plug some in!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think our World Domination has already been achieved...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a big kitty out there in the first photo :)

    Happy Anniversary to you and your dear Bud Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great closeup of the tiger. Happy Anniversary and happy Mother's Day! Have a great weekend, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like your idea of the basket arrangements to hide the wall outlets. They are rather unattractive to look at. Maybe I'll do something like that.
    I think the pooper scooper was the best way to go. Anything associated with our four legged fur babies can't go wrong....lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. drat, I think I lost my comment.
    Well anyway rather than repeat myself I'll just say I like those baskets and good idea with the scoop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, obviously it's here....but I must say, blogger has been acting weird this past week.

      Delete
  34. I wondered where you were going with the cat photos and scoop . . . Clearly I am not the one who cleans the box in this household! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either....it's Bud's job. LOL

      Delete
  35. the most beautiful cat ever :-) love it :-) Dropping by from Camera Critters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....I do love tigers!

      Delete

.