“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






What do you see by the sea? A bit PUZZLED?

Well, I had a picture puzzle here from a jigsaw puzzle generator found online...but when I published the post today, it wouldn't load quickly enough; even with cable connection...so I 'axed' it. Here is the Watery image I had as a puzzle. I did some re-editing on the post and will just forget the idea. Live, and learn---




This plain o' image loads much faster. rofl



CONNECTING TO:







- - -



HODGEPODGE



1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green? I have a beautiful, soft, dark green, short sleeved, cowl neck sweater [shown on the left] that I wear often when the weather gets chilly. By the way...the necklace is one I made from glass beads and a drift seed [sea heart] I found on the beach ---the string is black leather. I posted about making it, and the steps I took to finish...with close ups HERE.


2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live? Well, I can't say it's a favorite, but it's very serene and tranquil - and I love returning there often. [THE BEACHES are a favorite of course; the reason we moved here, and I just can't pick any beach as there are hundreds of ways and places to access certain areas] Anyway to choose a specific area, this park is a GREEN SPACE - with green. LOL And it's surrounded on three sides by urban development with open prairie on the fourth side - along with a slow meandering river and ponds. Birding observation decks, picnic tables along the riverside. Quiet and peaceful. The place is about 30 miles from home..it's called Hazel Bazemore Park.

3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department? If I want more height, I just wear shoes with 2-4" heels!!! I'm short, but I'm okay with that.

4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you? Simply put...there is a wrong way, a right way, and Anni's Way!!! I think that's kinda self-explanatory, don't you?

5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.) Anything but Spinach. I'll let Popeye have my lifetime share!! I can eat spinach fresh, in salads, but once it's cooked and slimy like boogers/snot....NO WAY! Of the choices given, I would have to say broccoli is my favorite.

6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why? So many I admire. Helen Keller, Ayn Rand, my mother, those three come to mind right away. And all I admire for different reasons yet similar reasons...they are all strong-willed, brilliant, and never let life's barricades stop them from accomplishing their goals!

7. [fill in the blank] Keep Calm and carry on. Kinda like 'speak softly and carry a big stick'. Remain calm for sake of avoiding controversy. BUT!!---If there is a reason to protect myself verbally or physically........I'm prepared to take action if necessary. Does that make sense? If not, see #4.


8. Insert your own random thought here. This past weekend, I was flattered, and honored, to be part of the first issue of a weekly series from Jerry's Blog!! The weekly feature is entitled "A Sunday Drive". If you're of my generation, you can relate to going back in time and remember those days where the family would hop in the car, and take a leisurely Sunday drive to who knows where. Sometimes, for me, it would be just driving around and perhaps stopping for an ice cream cone. While sitting in the car, enjoying your icy treat, we'd watch the people walk by in their Sunday Best outfits. Or maybe drive to a park in the mountains and enjoy a picnic in the hot summer days to get away from the heat of the city only to cool off in the high mountain air. Then, again, perhaps go for a long drive out in the prairies of the front range...so many memories. Good memories of just being a family without spending an arm and a leg - being together. Do you remember anything like it? I do. And this concept was something that made me feel quite at home. Jerry writes:
    Back during my childhood, our parents would often load up my brother and me after Sunday morning church services for a leisurely drive around where we lived. Even though we were seeing mostly familiar sights, it was still good to see them, and this is why “A Sunday Drive” sounded about right for the name of a weekly series revisiting familiar sites that are well worth seeing again and again.
Do pay a visit to As The Crackerhead Crumbles and say hello to Jerry sometime soon. And I wish to send my thank yous for being part of a site that Jerry feels worthy of paying a visit on a leisurely Sunday afternoon...."a familiar sight". The screenshot graphic above is of Jerry's Blog; linked to the inaugural Sunday Drive post of which my blog is included along with others.



CONNECTING TO:

43 comments :

  1. love to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You my dear, are a sweetie.

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy finding out about you, Anni! I subscribe to the same philosophy of doing things...my way being the best one (after your way, of course!)...made me smile. Have a great day...and I LOVE that green sweater...and the necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of veggies in the post then....we two....we're like two PEAS in a pod?!!! Okay, I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the feature! :). I absolutely love that sweater. It looks as soft as you described it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly!!! It IS soft and comfy.

      Delete
  4. I like the gull in silhouette like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, when I get this close to them, they fly off...but not this one, he cooperated to the fullest.

      Delete
  5. We have a little convertible MG and we still like to take a drive for the sake of taking a drive : )

    I love the sea glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmmmm, a convertible drive in the country...sounds heavenly.

      Delete
  6. I love that picture you shared ... and will be seeing something just like that myself in just 10 days! ;-)

    I love your answer to #4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can't wait...I see by your comment you're counting the days. I'd be doin' the same.

      Delete
  7. That is the first time I remember both Helen Keller and Ayn Rand being together like that. You are indeed an interesting person, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope by "interesting" you mean it in a good way. LOL Thanks. Yep, Helen Keller and Ayn Rand seem to fit into inspirational women.

      Delete
  8. Great photo and fun facts about you!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your time here today Donna.

      Delete
  9. I'm working on Saturday and our uniform includes a green scrub top, so I'll be wearing the green!
    I remember Sunday drives too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then, your residents won't get a chance to pinch you...and I'm sure some of the guys have been wanting to have the opportunity...[kidding]

      Delete
  10. I remember Sunday drives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey....I just read your Hodgepodge and I recommended a book for you.

      Delete
  11. Anni I love your emerald green sweater. My style and color.
    Did you buy it locally or from a big market store?
    I'm sporting a spring top today that I call tropical. Shades of mint green and dark green with coral and black and shamrock earrings.
    One of my favorite delis, McAlister's is giving free cookies to all customers wearing green. I see a Chocolate chip in my future.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, did you say chocolate chip? I just made lemon poppy seed muffins...yummy. GOT MILK?

      Delete
  12. Hard to beat simple and straightforward as your photo proves, Anni.

    I used to love green as a color to wear and decorate with, but not so much any more. Still, it's the best color in nature. Happy St. Paddy's day if don't talk with you again. Hope you get to wear that lovely green sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy St. Patty's Day to you too Faye...wish I was in Ireland with you right now.

      Delete
  13. I love your answer for #4...that's my kind of thinking! Helen Keller was my pick, too...what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...Helen Keller is definitely an inspiration.

      Delete
  14. I do love that sweater that you have.
    I really liked and can relate to your #4.lol
    I hope that you have a Happy St.Pat's day on Saturday,
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you dear Sharon. Hope your day of green is piled high with good stuff and happy times. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  15. Your photographs always make me want to travel to a beach somewhere and experiance that kind of beauty.

    I LOVE the necklace that you made, it is beautiful, what a great accessory.

    Congrats on your #8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly "Domestic Diva"!!! Your comment made my day.

      Delete
  16. Your sweater is GORGEOUS!! Will you wear it on St. Pat'a Day? And you are a really talented jewelry maker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it'll be too hot on Saturday for the sweater...more short season around here this time o' year. And thanks for the compliment Ginny.

      Delete
  17. Love that sweater...AND the necklace!
    Will have to go to the Hazel Bazemore Park next time we get down that way, it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little 'hidden place' that not too many know about. I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  18. Great post ~ Love the photo ~ it is classic ~ well done ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks goes right back to you, Carol!!

      Delete
  19. Love your green cowl sweater! I will be sure to check out Jerrys place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly...thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  20. Your repy about spinach made me laugh, but from my experience, it's only the canned that has that consistency. The fresh, lightly sauteed is really yummy! Great Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...you can't convince me otherwise. LoL

      Delete
  21. I like the picture even if it wasn't what you had planned on. I love your answer to #4 :)
    I'm a regular reader of Jerry's blog and glad I decided to check the link he gave to yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, for the visit and the comment....it means a great deal to me.

      Delete
  22. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! Please forgive me for completely spacing your prior message. Be assured that I can come up with all sorts of excuses, but my wife insists that I am basically just an idiot much of the time.

    ReplyDelete

.