my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Give me roses...while I live PART II

In my previous post, I shared a partial walk around our yard in bloom. Images of more of our flowers HERE [the link will open in a new window]... Today, I complete it for now. There are so many beauties that are showing up this time of year...come along with me the continuation of the tour of blossoms [below the 'watery outdoor meme' photo---in my hodgepode #8]:


Tuesday, I woke up, it was 72 degrees. Wonderful. The winds were a'blowin'. Soon the droplets began to fall....thunder in the distance. It was a perfect morning!!!


...and the rains came:


DON JUAN CLIMBING ROSE




CONNECTING TO:




- - -


HODGEPODGE


1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite? I love yard work, tho it's hard labor, hot and bothersome at times, the rewards from all the work is worth every blister, sore back muscles, and minute spent!! PLANTING would most definitely be my favorite 'chore'. And for least favorite, I think it would be CLEANING UP BIRD DOO-DOO off the picnic table and patio furniture...but that's a 'chore' that is constant. More so in Spring tho.

2. What puts a spring in your step? Music!!!

3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action? So many things, and so many times. It would most always involve some tragedy in family, funerals mostly, so without getting into a deepened detail of it all, the last time would be when Dan died just this past July [our 'ex' son-in-law].

4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked? I'd prefer them cooked I guess --i.e. in pot roast with all the gravy or perhaps in a carrot cake loaded with spices and blanketed with cream cheese frosting. But, I can and do eat 'em raw. Why, I've been known to just pull one out of the garden, swipe off the mud and eat one like Bugs Bunny does.

5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out? Let's say, I have before, but anymore...No, it'll just clutter up the house when we return home.

6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so? My favorite "TEAM" is Bud and me...what makes it so?----it's the best kind of team ever established...marriage. For years, it's been a learning, giving, and enjoyable experience...living.

7. Is cloning a sign of progress? Personally, I can't fathom the whole concept; be it a sign of progress or not...having two or more of the same would make the world less interesting eventually, wouldn't it? Don't ask me! I haven't an inkling; like I said. And to clone ME?---then there would be TWO who couldn't fathom the concept. See? Progression of stupidity here; and so on and so forth. [insert wink]

8. Insert your own random thought here. This is not really 'random' this week 'cause I had plans of using the continuation of the flowers in our yard for #8 this week. As I state this every year about this time..."I love Spring Flowers!!" Those found in our yard today, blooming, are HIBISCUS, ROSES, DURANTA [draping clusters of purple], LANTANA [pink & yellow], KINGS MANTLE [purple trumpets], and white azalea [top right]. Just a whole, huge, mass of color...










CONNECTING TO:

40 comments :

  1. Beautiful rose, it is always such a nice feeling when Spring finally arrives, here in New Zealand we are preparing ourselves for Autumn and the coming Winter. Time to get the wood in and get the chimney swept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, how often do you have the chimney swept? Each Autumn season?

      Delete
  2. Roses are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree....they're a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  3. There's something pretty special about spring flowers, I believe ... a gift from God for getting through the bleak winter. ;-) The flowers you shared are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Anni! I always enjoy learning about you...we have been working in the yard this week - mulching, planting new fruit trees...I am quite exhausted! But, as you say, the reward will be worth it! I loved your Don Juan rose. I had one which I brought with me when I married Dan 5 years ago...and he also had one! They are now happily entwined on the trellis, and I can't wait for them to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool is that? I never thought of putting TWO together on a trellis. Will have to remember to do that. Double the pleasure.

      Delete
  5. Oh I love your answer to #6. That is so sweet and so true. Beautiful pictures of your flowers. I hope you have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kimberly.

      Delete
  6. Wow, love your first photo! (and the other ones also, but especially the first one.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photo ~ love the raindrops on the 1st flower ~ enjoy the day ~ namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rose with raindrops-lovely. Great club answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, to me it's the best team ever.

      Delete
  9. You know you live in a tropical paradise when you have hibiscus growing! Such absolutely beautiful pictures, Anni! I like my carrots cooked, too, but I have also eaten one right out of the ground! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes two Bugs Bunnies, then. LOL

      Delete
  10. Beautiful rose! It looks awesome with the raindrops on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly...I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

      Delete
  11. Loved the photo of the rose with the rain drops on it....
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna...you know I always enjoy you stopping by.

      Delete
  12. That's one of the most beautiful pictures of a flower that I've ever seen! Just gorgeous! Loved your responses to 4 and 6 especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy you stopping by...and I liked your hodgepodge answers this week too.

      Delete
  13. WOW your labor intensive yard work pays well...look at all the beauty you have in every corner.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....once the grass/lawn has been re-established then, we'll be back in business.

      Delete
  14. Oh, you, me and Bugs on the carrots right out of the garden!

    Your flowers are gorgeous! I'm partially enjoying flowers vicariously this year since the weather has done my spring blooms wrong this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is always something you can't control, that's for sure. Yep, carrots, raw and straight from the earth. Deeeeelicious.

      Delete
  15. "Raindrops on roses"! There is nothing more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful to have those flowers coming out in your yard. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Joann come and follow me back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Spring blossoms also.

      Delete
  18. Your yard must be amazing!! So many beautiful flowers bursting with color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is....except for our lawn. LOL

      Delete
  19. Oh that first photo is just breath taking.
    I also would eat the carrot right out the garden.
    Your flowers are just all so rich with color.
    thanks
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Sharon. As for you and your family...you'll all be in my thoughts.

      Delete
  20. Love your answer for #6! Chris and I have been married for 22 years and it just keeps getting better with every passing year. Love those pictures of your gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, this day and age...22 years is 'milestone'!!!

      Delete

.