my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




2 Inch Yard Art....& morsels


One of several miniature gnomes along our raised flower garden wall




CONNECTING TO:
studio waterstone



- - -

MONDAY MORSELS


How appropriate can it be? Morsels? On a Monday...it's all about some good foods I've made this past week that were so tasty it's worth a mention. So Monday morsels it is this week...Firstly, Bud loves muffins. I'm not too crazy about them, except for one specific kind. When at the deli/bakery in our local grocer [state wide chain grocer] - Bud always checks out the muffins...his favorite? Blueberry. And they're colossal! But, expensive. Nearly $4. The only time he actually puts them in the cart is when there is a dollar off coupon attached to the container. Now, the bakery in the grocer's does not carry the kind I like....lemon poppy seed. I have to go to the specialty shop to get them already made. Well, I was needing something to 'munch on' before I went to bed the other night, and decided to make us muffins. I had purchased a couple of packages of lemon poppy seed muffin mixes. Never tried a mix before. Well, I'll tellya, they turned out so delicious...and so easy. Just add milk. I can swear by this mix from now on. And the mix only makes 6 medium muffins. Perfect amount for just two people. If you see this mix [Wal Mart Supercenter - and under a dollar here in Corpus] ---try it. Then, of course, I had a can of pumpkin that needed to be used up to make a pie ...this time, I didn't make it my usual "Thanksgiving way" adding egg nog....I made it just as the recipe on the can told me...and I always make my pie crust from scratch as I don't like all the additives that are in the already prepared crusts you can buy. It turned out super delicious. Guess we were hungry for one. I think the next pie I make will either be cherry or lemon meringue. LOL For the two of us, we don't care for cake much...pies are something we both enjoy so.

Now, for the piece de resistance....

Mari, at "My Little Corner of the World" had a recipe a couple of Thursday's ago...LASAGNA SOUP. Well, being that just the title of the soup drew me in, I had to try it!! And I am so glad I did. It was out of this world tasty and delicious...easy to prepare....and made a great, light meal along with our lettuce wedge and garlic bread. Trust me, you want to make it. If you love baked lasagna, you'll really appreciate this recipe....not even close to the mess you get with the usual lasagna in a pan. Easy peasy. And, it's HEALTHY!!! Little calories, filling - just downright a winner!! It will be on our menu often. The recipe is found with the link above --directing you to her Thursday post where I found it. Thanks Mari, for sharing this delicious treat of a meal!!!! By the way, it was even better the next day; reheated. Note: tho the recipe didn't call for it, I sprinkled a little Parmesan Cheese on the soup before devouring it. Just more or less for a little 'pizazz' touch.


33 comments :

  1. Glad I had already eaten my yogurt and granola...or I might have been tempted to hunt down those lemon poppyseed muffins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, yogurt and granola sounds deeeeeelicious too.

      Delete
  2. Your little gnome is so cute! Glad you liked that soup. It's one of our favorites too. I'm trying your Parmesan cheese idea next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parmesan gave it that extra zing...but I use Parmesan in my lasagna also.

      Delete
  3. What a cute little gnome!!
    Well I thought I had a very satisfying breakfast until I saw your lemon poppyseed muffins. I can nearly smell their sweet aroma all the way over here.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're heavenly flavored too.

      Delete
  4. Delish! ~ Love the garden gnome the best ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a really cute lady gnome also. LOL

      Delete
  5. That soup does look tasty, but the pie made me hanker for some pumpkin. Thanks for the link to the soup recipe, I'll check it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, pumpkin pie is one of our favorites. We just don't have it for the holidays.

      Delete
  6. Cute Gnome and what a yummy recipe... I'll be trying that one!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think of it, when you do try it.

      Delete
  7. That little garden gnome is so cute ... I'll have to see if I can't find something like that for our garden. Thanks for sharing the link to the recipe for the soup ... it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I think I found 'em in Target long ago...with the indoor plants.

      Delete
  8. That made me hungry. Cute gnome!


    Have a fabulous week.

    Yellow Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good. You should try it.

      Delete
  9. I want to be a gnome in my next life. :)
    My next trip to Walmart and I'm getting that mix. I love poppy seed bread and my hubby likes lemon - should be a perfect combo. I love lasagna but let's face it it takes a long time to make. I'm heading to check that link out now. You might have given me supper!
    Have a great day Anni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, and you didn't invite me?!?!! [kidding]

      Delete
  10. Your post makes me hungry! My Mellow Yellow, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll call you next time I make it...standing invitation.

      Delete
  11. I think this is the first time I read a yummy post, you made all this, you must be a good cook, Annie. Happy Monday!

    MYM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told my cooking is good...but, it's nothing but down home cooking...nothing fancy.

      Delete
  12. cute garden statue and your soup looks yummy :) visiting from Mellow Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mel

      Delete
  13. I just love gnomes and I try to get a new one each yr to add to my wall of gnomes which I have yet put out this year.
    I copied that recipe but have not tried it but I am going to real soon.
    I love blueberry muffins also.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I don't think you'll be sorry you copied it...it's just too good to be true. And so easy.

      Delete
  14. I get hungry for a muffin every now and then and my husband doesn't care for them. Since I'm cheap and don't want to pay the high price in the bakery I buy those mixes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always made my lemon muffins from scratch...'cause they're hard to find in bakeries. But, I tellya, I will use this mix from now on.

      Delete
  15. Here I sit with a bunch of bad boys in the cellblock for working lunches. Their food smells so good, and then I start reading your post with really good looking’ chow. I think I am getting hungry. Nice food shots if I say so myself. Your tiny gnome is so cute. I like this style personally much more that the ones that are painted up in bright colors. Yours fits not the landscape beautifully. genie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it Genie...it's a delicious and easy soup. And it DOES make the house smell great while cooking. I know it's the garlic, but no matter...it'll make you hungry and highly anticipate your upcoming meal.

      Delete
  16. very cute dwarf :-) love it :-) Visiting from MYM, hope that you can return a yellow visit too.


    http://www.homecookingwithjessy.com/little-bites-banana-muffin/

    ReplyDelete

.