“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






What Goes Around Comes Around...

Some people say a man is made outta mud
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine

I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"


You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I was born one mornin', it was drizzlin' rain

Fightin' and trouble are my middle name
I was raised in the canebrake by an ol' mama lion
Cain't no-a high-toned woman make me walk the line

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

If you see me comin', better step aside
A lotta men didn't, a lotta men died
One fist of iron, the other of steel
If the right one don't a-get you

Then the left one will


You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store


SONG LYRICS - Tennessee Ernie Ford
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0
PHOTO CREDITS: A amethyst geode with 'miner' - a yard staked scarecrow - a rainy day sky - and my two fists.


Linked to: Thursday Theme Song



- - -


It's time again for my Thursday Trash Talk....

This one is a real 'dinger'...
    Two accused shoplifters got a taste of their own medicine when they sought to clear out of the crime--and found that a passing malefactor had broken into their own car. Security personnel were in the process of questioning Korin V, 47, and Eldon A, 36, at an Ogden, Utah WinCo supermarket, accused of stealing makeup, energy bars and batteries. At the end of the interrogation, they left with a citation for attempted shoplifting. However, they soon stumbled on to the scene of a successful car-lifting, with the awkward discovery that while they were in the WinCo, someone--or several someones--had broken into their car.
    READ More - note: You'll have to open the link to see their mugshots, 'cause I won't post 'em here for reasons that just are my own scruples!!


And, the comments go like this:

The first one had over 1600 'thumbs up', but I'm not one to say anything about how one "looks" because you have no control over who your parents are, right? Well, I think in this case, she may have had something to do with the way she carries herself at least...

Mytwocents posted: Yikes! She looks like a meth head!!

Darren posted: Her photo startled the crap out of me.

QQ posted: OMG. I can't breathe from laughing so hard.

Faith posted: I think that websites should issue a warning when graphic images are posted because I nearly fell out of my seat before I began reading the article from that woman's mugshot.

Dave posted: Yeah, I don't think that woman needs any energy bars!! Wowwww... maybe this expression is telling us she has some batteries hid elsewhere on her.

Elliott posted: Wow!!, this guy has done all men on earth a favor by keeping her from the rest of us.

me posted:
She's got "methy davis eyes" [note: that 'me' isn't me as in Hootin' Anni]

bigm posted: How about the face that launched a thousand ships....that one sank the fleet.

...and the last one I'll share:

US Army Veteran posted: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET HER STEAL THE MAKE UP!


article in part borrowed from Yah00 News
Please note: Hootin' Anni says -This may be offensive to some, but it's all still part of our world we live in and we take it with a grain of salt.

16 comments :

  1. I can see why you wouldn't want that mug on your page. The world is full of strange things. And what goes around comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH mercy! I did have to go over there and take a look. She does look really crazy eyed. The comments are pretty funny, Anni. I hope you don't spend too awfully much time looking for things like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blast from the past...I always loved this song!
    LOL.. at the comments about this woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's been a long time since I've remembered that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Great old one, it is!!!!!!!!!!!

    "Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,
    That is the finest of suppers, I think;
    When I'm grown up and can have what I please
    I think I shall always insist upon these."

    ~Christopher Morley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song, it has always been a favorite of mine. I guess I can relate to it, it says what I feel alot of the time. "I owe my soul" .... I enjoyed you post! And, the shoplifters... that is just funny. I guess what goes around really does come around. The woman seems to have been quite surprised she was caught by her mug shot.
    Hope you are having a Great Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song you chose for today.
    I also had to laugh at the crazed woman. I guess it is true about what goes around.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for telling me that my present Header is centered on your monitor.

    I fiddled around and finally did-some-magic to make one, mostly center. But yish...

    Zeeeeee machines are on the march, already! Run for the hills! BE ware! Dig a big hole and hide in it!

    Or........

    Just deal with computers with a mind of their own. -giggggles-

    "Animal crackers, and cocoa to drink,
    That is the finest of suppers, I think;
    When I'm grown up and can have what I please
    I think I shall always insist upon these."

    ~Christopher Morley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, the Estate in my last post is the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina. It is an awesome place to visit. Below is a link to their website.
    http://www.biltmore.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that amethyst geode!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First - I really like your song of the day today~
    Second - I love the story, and had to click on the link to see the woman. Wheew! The comments are right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom loved playing her Tennessee Ernie Ford records when I was growing up and I still remember that song:-) And yikes, Anni, I wouldn't want to get into a fist fight with you!!! hehe

    Omigosh, those two shoplifters sure did have the tables turned on them, didn't they! LOL She does indeed look scary, my first thought was that I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley!! Yikes! The comments were hilarious, though, especially that last one, I just burst out laughing:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni
    Oh what a voice Tennessee Ernie Ford had no one can sing that like him. Your pictures are purrfect.
    Ans to your about what mischief I got in while the peeps were gone...absolutely NONE!! MOL when they aren't around is when I get my best naps. When they are here they are always getting in to something that requires my snoopervision.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni I saw your commeent on Jeanette's blog about Biltmore. It is in the most beautiful mouthatian city of Asheville, North Carolina.

    Biltmore was George Vanderbilts summer home. You can read all about it at the link below

    http://www.biltmore.com/

    We love the NC mountains and visit them at least once a year. This spring we have tickets to tour Biltmore during the Tulip Season. The Christmas tour of the home is a must see too but the weather can be dicey. If you never been toAsheville I highly reommend it. So much to do. Plan on an entire dat at Biltmore. They have wondeful cafes and a winery on site and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't heard that song in a long, long time. Pretty appropriate in this day and age too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When the story of the robbery victim shoplifters first came out I laughed until my sides ached. Then they published those mugshots, she is one scary creature.

    Love that song, I haven't heard it in years!

    ReplyDelete

.