my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Birds of a Feather

One of our 'favorite' places to go walking/and hopefully lucky enough to go birding is on Mustang Island about 25 minutes' drive from Corpus. It's called Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center. To find the area, just head on down the highway from the JFK Causeway to North Padre Island and turn at the first traffic light of arrive on another island [Mustang Island] and then head to Port Aransas. Once in the fishing village, turn left on the FERRY EXIT and there is a "Y" in the road where off to the right, you'd head toward the ferry landing. The left turn from the "Y" on the road will take you to the Birding Center. Park, and walk a short distance to the tidal basin. Here, there is a board walk through the reeds and cattails to come to an opening and the basin. A short few yards' walk and you come upon an elevated viewing tower, three flights up - or continue walking on the board walk with a couple of walk-outs for viewing and setting up your tripod if you're a camera enthusiast. This time, we stopped and watched the pelicans and cormorants and a few herons...


Local Starbucks Meeting; same clientele [cormorants] ...


I see you, but you can't see me....right?


Greetings Earthling!....


From the one stop coffee break above, to Dunkin' Donuts...


...more Dunkin' Donuts - jelly filled this time!


So long...earthling!!


- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES


1] A man brings his wife a glass of water and two aspirins. She looks surprised and says, I don't have a headache!" He says, "Aha!"

2] An Arab diplomat visiting the U.S. for the first time was being wined and dined by the State Department. The Grand Emir was unused to the salt in American foods (french fries, cheeses, salami, anchovies etc.) and was constantly sending his manservant, Abdul, to fetch him a glass of water. Time and again, Abdul would scamper off and return with a glass of water, but then came the time when he returned empty-handed. "Abdul, you son of an ugly camel, where is my water?" demanded the Grand Emir. "A thousand pardons, O Illustrious One", stammered the wretched Abdul, "white man sit on well".

3] And remember this: "I DO NOT GAIN WEIGHT - I'm just a METABOLIC UNDERACHIEVER."

30 comments :

  1. Cute jokes, but I'm in love with the bird pictures!!!!! Especially the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anni, great post and it seem you have found a wonderful spot there for birding. Wonderful post and photos and as always I enjoyed your funnies. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bird images. We'll be heading South pretty soon, too, and plan to hit the wetland at Viera or elsewhere in FL. It's a photographer's wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice place to visit, Anni. And your blog is all dressed up in diamonds and hearts today. Beautiful!

    Yes, I cringed a little at the second one, but smiled at the last one. Your pictures are great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed catching up on your posts! Loved your funnies! - It's 7 a.m. and so pitch dark still that I'm going back under the covers to snooze until daylight! I'll have those 2 aspirin with the water she didn't want! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great place to bring a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and I love the jokes!
    PS - nice new look too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's an excellent collection of water birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely photos you have shared. I would enjoy a visit there so much.

    Enjoyed your funnies, too.

    Thanks for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my - those cormorant shots are amazing! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! I love pelicans. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my "critter".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome bird shots, Anni. I love Pelecans and I like Cormorants too, we have the regular P.Carbo race here in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. White man sit on well.....LOL

    Great fowl pictures and excellent captions.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome shots of beautiful birds - love the outstretched wings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos and loved the third one down where you can see the Pelican's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice series love the pelicans

    ReplyDelete
  18. How relaxing! Thanks for the visit Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful spot for bird photography, Anni. Always love those pelicans...one is on our Charity School of Nursing pin!!

    Your funnies are always funny. I like the metabolic underachiever. I am sure that, during my four month stay here in India, I am bound to pick up a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, really enjoying your bird shots, Anni...
    Thanks for dropping by.
    I don't know what the insect is :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love brown pelicans, and cormorants (so funny) and herons. ... so I loved this post! :D :D :D Happy Critter Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic shots of the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way cormorants hang their wings out to dry.
    Great post, Anni.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  25. They do look somewhat like aliens don't they? Great shots Anni, I love your close ups of the pelicans. Loved the jokes too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your birds, and your hoots!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are cool shots! Love water birds :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine

    ReplyDelete
  28. You see so many great water birds in your area!

    ReplyDelete

.