my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Ruby Reds & Contrasts

Ruby Tuesday this week is something I've been wanting to 'show off' for some time. I've mentioned before in a previous post several days ago that I found the most adorable soft sculpture snowlady and couldn't resist bringing her home with me. I believe it was either Marshall's or T J Max where I found her. She stands about 10 inches and is free standing. The body is white of course, and she's draped in a woolen red 'floor length' coat. Black mittens. Black pom pom buttons, a tie down hat of the same red wool and a black, rhinestone adorned, velvet, bow, and red/black feather boa scarf. Along with all this, her matching purse is of a snowman face - all identical to her outfit only with a man's top hat on its head....





...then, for Tina's Picstory, her challenge this week is 'contrasts'. For me, contrasts can be a whole slew of things of oppositional values such as smooth/rough - dark/light -the color wheel contrasting colors such as red/green - black and white etc. etc. etc. And it being the holiday season, here are some little whimsical items sittin' 'round our home this time of year [with mouseover captions].









next week´s topic is *relaxation*!

24 comments :

  1. Anni, I just love your cute snowlady! She looks pretty in red. Great photos. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowlady looks so snuggly! Merry Christmas, Anni!

    RED HAT

    Red hat, I am lonesome.
    Red hat, are you free?
    Red hat, please consider
    Coming home with me.

    I need a companion,
    One who’ll warm my head;
    I think you’ll do nicely,
    Hat of brilliant red.

    You’re the warmest color,
    Not like blue or green—
    Red hat at the vendor’s,
    Red hat, you’re my queen.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Artisan in Red

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for joining us with this sweet contrasts. you are right there can be many kinds of contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ruby red colors for Christmas. Merry Christmas. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful pictures Anni...greetings from Geli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive and cute! Enjoy the start of winter! Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, Anni. I learned to knit from my mother, who was incredibly prolific and couldn't stand her daughters not to know how. I love the little contrasty things in your home! Hope you are having a good time enjoying this holiday season. Looks like you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LUV anything RED.

    Next week's topic is *relaxation*. -grinnnnn- Purrrrrrrfect timing, hu? :-)

    "Then I would be slap-dashing home, the gravy smell of the dinners of others, the bird smell, the brandy, the pudding and mince, coiling up to my nostrils..."
    ~~Dylan Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful contrasting item. I like the Santa bowl with rice krispies inside ^_^


    PicStory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom loves the soft snowlady especially since she is wearing red.
    Hugs Madi

    ReplyDelete
  11. The snowlady is so cute! Happy holidays to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. passt wunderbar ..rot und grün

    LG vom katerchen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute snowmen - especially the first one:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That might be the warmest snowman I have ever seen. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that's one well dressed snowman, sorry, -lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Anni

    unfortunately, I am able see a little in English understanding and reading, but for it I look your photos because I like them superwell.

    Warmly ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Anni, your snowlady is all decked out for the holidays! She is beautiful. You have the most amazing Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of Marshall for ages. There use to be Crescents stores up here but I know they had some connection with Marshalls
    But the snow lady is sure darling...Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very very Christmassy today. I like especially your contrasts pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pictures are really nice Anni...captures the desired intent as well as being very Christmasy. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great take on contrast for PicStory, nice shots.

    ReplyDelete

.