my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Targeted... by the Census Bureau


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS













Upon Wings...perched & flying high
Mouseover captions on each photo




















WEEKEND FUNNIES



They sent my Census form back!! AGAIN!!!!!

In answer to the question, 'Do you have any dependents?',
I put .......12 million illegal immigrants, crack heads, the majority of the unemployed, the cast of The Jerry Springer Show, 140,000 people in our 133 penal establishments in just the state of California, leftovers from Katrina, half of Mexico, Some of the Congress, and most of the Senate.

................ Apparently this wasn't an acceptable answer


- - -

A Texan and his wife were on a trip to New York. She had just finished showering to dress for dinner and noticed that she had neglected to pack her bra. She asked her husband to go down to the dress shop in the lobby and pick up a couple of 36-C bras.
He said, "Ah'l go down raht now." So he put on his ten gallon hat and went to the shop.
The saleslady said, "May I help you, sir?"
When he told her that he wanted two 36-C bras, she asked, "Would you like two Playtex?"
He answered, "Ah'd luv ta little lady, but mah wife's a'waitin fur me up in the room."

- - -

After having their 11th child, a Texas couple decided that was enough. So, the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children. The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that could fix the problem. The doctor instructed him to go home, get a cherry bomb, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10. The Texan said to the doctor, "I might not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how puttin' a cherry bomb in a beer can next to my ear is gonna help me." So, the couple drove to Georgia to get a second opinion. The Georgia physician was just about to tell them about the procedure for a vasectomy when he noticed that they were from Texas. This doctor instead told the man to go home and get a cherry bomb, light it, place it in a beer can, hold it to his ear and count to 10. Figuring that two, learned physicians couldn't be wrong, the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5 . . .", at which point he stopped, placed the beer can between his legs and resumed counting on his other hand.

This medical procedure also works in Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas.

12 comments :

  1. Uncommon Pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birdie shots, Anni. The pelicans are one of my favorite birds. I enjoyed the funnies this week too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought at first the birds were flying into your camera - quite a shot that all in one !!Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the framing of the last picture..

    Pheno Menon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the wings lazing around AND the funnies.

    BTW the bees were perched on the flower heads of Echinops bannaticus 'Taplan Blue' (Globe Thistle).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bird shots!
    I love your census answer and the vasectomy joke is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frank....those are gorgeous. Who would have thought that thistle would be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of a variety of birds, dear Anni. How I'd love to see a pelican in person, they just fascinate me for some reason:-)

    I thought that was a good answer to put on the census form, I have no idea why they wouldn't accept it??? ROFL!! It's the truth, after all!! I laughed so much at the vasectomy joke, that sure would be one way to take care of it. lol

    Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni you crack me up with your funnies!!
    Your pictures are inspiring...
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni, thanks for the laughs...the vasectomy was priceless! Pictures are great as always. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice shots.
    Thank you for funnies :)

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete

.