my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Light the Corners or My Mind.........Memories


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics




The Way We Were - sung by Barbra Streisand
LINK HERE
photo credits: Mouseover captions



'Memries',
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored 'memries'





Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind





Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were




Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?





If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?
'Memries', may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember





We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...




The way we were...


With scanning these photos, and posting about the lyrics and associating with family, I chanced to remember a small time back when we were the 'way we were'. My father was great with my two children!!! His favorite thing to do was always to take them along when mom and dad would go camping in the trailer...or just a day of fishing. And as with the top photo showing, Erik seemed to emulate 'grandpa' quite often!! But the one instance I remembered when I posted the top photo of Erik and Dad was the time my father was in our yard near the sandbox that Erik always used his toy machines,......digging. Well, unbeknownst to all of us but Dad, Dad had buried some coins [quarters and dimes mostly] into the sand while Erik was indoors using the facilities, if you know what I mean. Okay, out comes Erik again...back to his playing...he found a quarter!!!! It's funny even now. But the kid spent the entire day out there, digging!!! And we all, after I figured out it was my Dad that buried the money...all us adults got a laugh!!! You had to be there!! Oh, and by the way....Erik STILL loves money.

Speaking of family....my youngest [older] brother is 67 today!!! Whoa...time flies.

21 comments :

  1. Anni, I love the story of your father burying coins in the sandbox. You're lucky Erik didn't try to dig up the whole yard.

    A wonderful song choice for all of those great photos.

    Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect song for this meme. I loved seeing the old pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Anni,
    Thank you for sharing these memories and pictures with us. Memories/The way we were is one of my all time favorite songs and movies and Barbra can sing it like no other.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad is fun! I love that he buried those coins out there. ;)

    But ouch, that broken arm and all that wrapping? That looks painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful lyrics to a beautiful song, with perfect pictures to go along. It made me cry, actually. Life has been so tough since mine grew up for those beautifully innocent blue-eyed blondes. Thanks for the wonderful memories the song and pictures brought to me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice walk down memory lane. Love the story about your Dad burying the coins for your son to find. He sounds like a wonderful Dad/Grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely story..memories truly are precious.
    When u talk aboute memories, i remember a song that Elvis sang in his TV Comback Special in 1968..memories, a really lovely song (thats if u like Elvis and his music) if u wanna listning to it, its on youtube.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story, nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always loved that song and you illustrated it beautifully.
    I wanted to comment on your new header. Is that your Mother. You look just like her.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your brother.
    Those were great photos you found to go with that song.
    I really love reading your post daily.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute photos-fun post. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos to go along with the lyrics...Your dad sounds like he was a really fun dad!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!!!!! and YOU!!! You are so special!

    Thanks!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos to go with this beautiful song, Anni. I've always loved Barbra.
    Great story about the money in the sandbox. Makes me want to find a kid in a sandbox. What a way to get rid of all the coins weighing my purse down.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your photos in B & W, and the song.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed the pics and the story behind the pics.

    Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Barbra fan! Me too!
    I love reading your blog - you are so creative. But what I really miss, is the ping-pong of a message board conversation! Wish you were on Facebook. A great way to keep up to date on what's going on - and fun when you find old friends too!
    Happy summer hon
    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. {{{Lisa}}} I so miss you too!!! What happened to your blogging? You haven't blogged in what seems like ages!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni, Love those old photos that bring back so many lovely memories when we look through them from time to time. " The Way We Were"--One of my favorite songs and definitely favorite movie! Sad to think how time changes things, but I guess we call that "progress". Have a lovely weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember going to see that movie when it first came out at the cinema and hearing the song for the first time as well...ah, memories:-) Loved all the pictures you scanned of your kids when they were little, makes you wish they were that small again, doesn't it!! Such a cute story about your dad putting coins in the sand for Erik to "dig" out and I can just picture him digging all day! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. doesn't these photos just bring precious memories! I love all of them, so nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete

.