“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Plumbago anyone?


click Macro button to join
---Linked Mellow Yellow found below---



MACRO MONDAY





Blue Plumbago Bush just below my computer room window.


- - -

MONDAY MORSELS and

MellowYellowMondayBadge




Only two iris bloomed this Spring...

...the one with Yellow is Japanese Iris, the other is one sent to me as a gift - from DAWN!!! I also realized that yesterday, for my week's summary post, I had neglected to tell about my loss. In the past 6 months, I've been eating way too much and not getting enough work-out, weight control, exercising. So I've started taking the time to measuring and serving up an actual serving size for my meals...in all courses. Can you believe one serving of frozen yogurt is only 1/2 cup?!!! That's torture!! Anyway....I started the regime on Monday this past week, and so far have lost 4 [Sunday night] pounds. I've read and researched ways to deal with the temptations and the pitfalls of dieting. There is one aspect I disagree with and that's that you don't check your weight daily, but weekly....that, for me, would trigger an instant reaction "I lost a couple of pounds last week, I can eat more today" kinda attitude and it would not be as effective. If I continue to check about the same time each day, I'm more encouraged to continue. If I lose a pound, great and it instills more stamina...if I didn't lose any weight for the day, then it tells me to work harder!! I don't want an up and down roller coaster ride from one week to the next. It's a DAILY task, that must be met with daily checking!! Or it won't work with me. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by November. I have no idea why I chose November, it just seemed right when I set up 'goals'. Maybe it's 'cause that's the month I always have my yearly physical exams by both my PCP and my Cardiologist.

Addendum: Just now, 7:25 a.m. I lost another pound over the weekend!!




26 comments :

  1. Fantastic blue tones Anni. Happy Macro Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color!
    I started dieting last week as well, so will be plugging away with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mari....Cool!! We'll both be able to compare notes then on the weight loss. How many pounds lost is your goal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top flowers look like they have little starfish in their centers!

    I cannot weigh myself daily because the fluctuation frustrates the crap out of me! My BFF has to weigh herself daily or she goes nuts! Great loss! I really love losses like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful macro and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Loved the photos Anni
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers...I love blue!
    I hear you on the weight loss...I started to put more fiber(it makes you feel full longer) in my diet and increased my excercise...I was able to lose 22lbs in a year...I did it slowly. I have been able to keep it off by following this lifestyle. Of course always try to remember ..calories in..calories out! I read lables and try to get low cal most of the time! Bottom line...I went off my bp meds...lowered my cholesterol and love the way my clothes fit now. Keep up the good work Anni...its a lifestyle change...but a good one! Like they say..."You are what U Eat"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful photos Anni :) good luck on losing weight! :)

    u may view mine here

    ReplyDelete
  9. But they sure are beautiful blooms Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your blue flowers!
    Wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, glad to see your iris did bloom. Next spring give them a bit of blood meal and you will see a big difference.

    Love the Blue Plumbago bush. Have never seen one before. I doubt they would do well in our climate.

    Hope all is well with you and Bud.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the weight program we are sure you can do it!!

    What beautiful flowers outside your computer window...
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous irises...you pictures are the best, Mine are through for this year, and I already miss them. Here is to next year! Genie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anni,
    I've been on the calorie counting diet for about a month, and have lost 10 pounds. it is incredible what we learn when we check out the actual size of a serving. that's what the calories are based on, but how many people take the trouble to read the label? I'm logging everything I eat, drink, and do at a site called caloriecount dot about dot com. it's a great site, with all kinds of tips and they make it super easy to keep a log for everything. check it out if you need any support. good luck! wishing you all the best. and have a wonderful week Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new format is beautiful, Anni, and so is this post! Gorgeous flowers. I've always loved those Japanese irises in an arrangement with my all time favorite, yellow roses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those flowers are pretty in blue!! And congratulations on your losing weight ^_^

    The Buds

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your weight loss, Anni. Both Mr. Sweet and I are trying to watch our sugar intake and have lost a few lbs.
    It's too hot to walk outside so I've been trying to do more on my treadmill.
    My flowers haven't bloomed at all...too hot, no water..pitiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are beautiful, Anni! I love the color blue. Congrats on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The plumbago is such a beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good for you for having lost a few pounds already! This is too funny, though, because just over a week ago I also started watching what I ate and no eating in between meals or in the evenings and I've now lost 5 lbs and I also get on the scale every day! lol Here's to both of us continuing on losing those unwanted pounds!!

    Love all your flowers! I only had 4 Irises bloom this year although I noticed today that there's another 2 just about ready to bloom in my faerie garden. I was also excited to see that both my rose bushes in there are forming lots of buds:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your weight loss.

    Awesome macros. Love the color of your blog too
    http://reesspace.blogspot.com/2011/06/mellow-yellow-monday-fribee-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous flowers--such beautiful blues! Congratulations and good luck on the diet--a portion of anything isn't very big, is it!!! Mickie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The macros are nice of course but I better like the snail on your weight scale, hahahaha !

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations on the weight loss....I really need to get back to my program. Now that my knee is about healed, I can begin walking again.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely photos Anni, this brightens up the start of the week!

    My Mellow Yellow is at at Nostalgic Marveling blog, hope you can drop by. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

.