my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




BOOK BLURB and Friday Fodder



Join by clicking on Book Blurb Button




BOOK BLURB







This is the 'book cover' from the week's posted photo. Upon viewing this, the challenge for this meme is to write a blurb [the inside cover flap] that will entice the reader to drop down their VISA on the counter and purchase the book and enjoying it. It's to be either fiction or non-fiction. For all the rules, just click the button above; then, participate!!

Here goes---












book title:
*:*:Plenary Summons:*:*:
    From out of nowhere a lone figure of a young girl bent down and gently stroked the can of Heineken. Grayness and ash were everywhere. The tin faintly gave a dim glow of some promise to her torn heart as her once tawny hand, now covered with charred and scorched flesh, touched the metal. Kristianna was alone on this vast land. Not even the hint of air was stirring. An indistinct voice was noted. Was someone singing? The budding adolescent, startled from her thoughts, slowly made her way; following the sound she had heard. Perhaps others survived. Mayan predictions were precise. Today was December 22, 2012...the day after. Somehow, her mind was reeling; plenary summons - total recall. Did the world from yesterday end? As she forced herself forward with each strenuous step, the melodic voice became clear. Was someone else alive; or catastrophic delusion? Her heart pounded!!


[147 - Word Count Tool]



"A positive approach to a negative prediction. I predict this new novel will keep you spellbound; a page turner." ~Jay P Moregunn Boston Globe

"Intense and imaginative! Well done." ~January Farfennoogin Denver Post

"As the Heinekin glimmers hope, so does Hootin' Anni. Her vivid thriller will keep you turning the pages to the surprising end!!" ~News "Butch" Carver San Francisco Examiner

"This book has everything. Brilliant!!" ~Tex T. Writer Houston Chronicle


In its entirety, the text is copyrighted by law.
see copyright on sidebar
© 2011





FRIDAY FODDER

We had planned on going to this weekend's annual Shrimporee [63 years, and counting!] in Aransas, a fun filled weekend, but with the week's temperatures soaring to triple digits, I doubt if we'll go. It's an outdoor event with Outhouse races, a sexy leg competition [MEN'S], parades, craft shows, food, and fun. Did I mention food? Well, everything under the sun will include shrimp. A veritable shrimp fest.
    "Aransas Pass' annual Shrimporee offers entertainement, food, music and more. Highlights of the festival, which is billed as the "Largest Shrimp Festival in the World," include a carnival, kidfish tank, shrimp cookoff, petting zoo, arts & crafts, live entertainment and more."
We'll just wait and see what the weather is like. I'm not going to be out there in temps at midday when they're reaching the 100 degree mark, with the heat index in the 110-120 degree range. And the huge expected crowds, it'll make it all the worse and most uncomfortable.

photo of sand castle at Port A's annual sandcastle festival a few years back.

19 comments :

  1. What a fantastic meme! My card is on the counter - go swipe it quick! Predict NY Times bestseller list next week. Another I`m going to have to try one day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inticing blurb..using the Mayan calendar was a great angle! You certainly cause the reader to want the rest of the story with this set up too! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser for the story. The scene is set for her to pick up life in a whole new kind of world. So much scope and so much to hope for.

    I love the photo of the sandcastle. Very moody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Armageddon! What a frightening thought for Kristianna. Surely she must be the herald of a new world?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant cover design and the idea of following music haunting.
    January Farfennoogin deserves promotion, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to buy the book...
    Stay inside this weekend where its cool.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some one sure did have a lot of talent to make such a neat castle. Did they leave any sand for others????LOL
    I don't blame you I would not be out in that heat for anything.
    It is only 55 here today and it is to be like that all weekend. I don't know where are heat went.
    Have a great weekend no matter what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Dang, I'm sorry that it is so hot there right now and that is interfering with your fun plans.

    Your book blurb is fantastic! I love it, and it fits the photo so well. Your rave reviews crack me up, and I love the book cover. You put so much work into your graphics, my lady!

    I cam really get into your story. It reminds me of an updated version "The Stand" with a lighter tone (we hopefully won't have to read about the flu symptoms or stuff like that). More like "The Postman". I love stories like those. Excellent job! I love her name too, Kristianna. She sounds so pure.

    Have a fun weekend, whatever you decide to do.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great book blurb, Anni, and a phrase new to me: "plenary summons"! Good to start the day learning something new. The melodic voice surely has to be something positive.
    Like a shrimp fest in 110-degree heat! Sounds great until you get to the temperature. Hope things cool down so you can go. What fun it would be, but you don't want to get baked on the beach yourself.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent imagery. It compels me to follow Kristianna on her exploration of this new world. The addition of the "positive approach" review reassures that the story won't become too depressing. I'm ready to read.

    Sending cool breeze thoughts your way. It is already 90+ here at 10am, so I fear we may be headed for those triple digits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok - now I want to read more! You better get writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A spectacular blurb, Anni! I love your haunting description of stillness broken only by the voice that lured our heroine on. This is definitely the premise for a super book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The use of the Mayan calendar was brilliant, and you description fits the photo so well. Well-written and enticing blurb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I DO LOVE me some shrimp! You'll have to come visit and have my bourbon shrimp and grits!

    Your book tease was great! Now I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6/10/2011

    Another great post. This is Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like this - a step into the future on the assumptions of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Total destruction, or is it? I love your story this week and I am curious as to what might happen next...

    ReplyDelete
  18. That blurb reads like a creepy movie trailer until I can almost hear that singing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another book I would buy from you! You really need to write this book...honestly!!!! I wonder if any of those authors out there have even thought of writing a book based on the Mayan calendar prediction and its aftermath.

    Wow, now that's what I call a sandcastle! I hope you were able to go to the Shrimporee after all but if it was over 100 degrees, then I don't blame you for staying home. The "high" here today was 55, can you believe it? This is below average for this time of year. Sigh. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.