my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sting...but not from a bee


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics


For this week...the song lyrics of Yellow Rose of Texas came to mind, I opted for this song instead. [Besides the yellow Rose of Texas is a woman]..this week's chosen song always reminds me of my parents and their deep bond between each other. Tho...the fields of gold with mom and dad were roses...yellow fields of roses! Not barley as the lyrics go...[my dad's favorite flower was the yellow rose and he literally had a field of them; from lemony yellow to sunset golds] So, naturally, I plant yellow roses in honor of my father [my mom's favorite color by the way, was pink...I too have pink roses. LOL]



Sting's FIELDS OF GOLD you tube link



You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in the fields of gold


So she took her love
For to gaze awhile
Upon the fields of barley
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold


Will you stay with me, will you be my love
Among the fields of barley
We'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we lie in the fields of gold



See the west wind move like a lover so
Upon the fields of barley
Feel her body rise when you kiss her mouth
Among the fields of gold


I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in the fields of gold
We'll walk in the fields of gold


Many years have passed since those summer days
Among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down
Among the fields of gold


You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in the fields of gold





Photo credits: All in our yard...some have been posted before taken from my archives. Yellow Hybrid roses and yellow Tombstone Rose [also known as rosa banks], and the next to last one is a yellow mini rose.

20 comments :

  1. Gorgeous yellow roses Anni!
    I love this song, and Sting's voice, it brings back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, this is a beautiful song! Thank you for sharing about your parents dedication to each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for moving my submission to the correct week...just goes to show that when you do things in a hurry, you just might get to the wrong place.
    Yellow flowers and fields of gold,nice. I like this song too.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Anni!! Everything is coming up roses.
    What beautiful pictures and Sting well we all know you can't get much better...
    I bet your Dad's yard smelled delicious with all the roses.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. This are all in your yard, how amazing!! And they are all yellow the mini rose so lovely, can't wait for that to see in the vase lol!! Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it ^_^ Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Anni!!!!
    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're awesome.....my favorite color of Rose, too...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAHHH...ANNI- YOU ARE INDEED A HOOT!
    I totally got ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow roses are my very favorite - beautiful flowers, all of them! Great song, too.

    Thanks for coming to visit my flowers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni!.. You know? I just saw a beautifully wrapped bouquet of yellow roses for sale in a store recently, that I'd stopped in front of and thought, "Oh could I?"... But at the time, we had just celebrated Easter, and we would be celebrating Dear Daughter's birthday very soon thereafter, so.. with my budget, such as it is at the moment.. I had to pass them by, and think "maybe some other time". I keep telling myself that someday I WILL treat myself, and well.. hopefully, "one of these days" I WILL! Love all your beautiful photos! Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful roses to go with a lovely song, Anni. I'm sure your father would be proud of your yellow roses.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those were just simply beautiful.
    My girlfriend used to plant roses around here home too and it always smelled so wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing your parents dedication to each other.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty. I planted a yellow rose I believe it was last year. Not sure how well it doing our weather been crazy.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roses are one of my favorites, and I do love yellow ones. Love yours!
    What has happened to our Bommers?
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All in your yard?! Good thing Sting isn't there too or else I'd be moving in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, our parents had unconditional olove for us. They hung on and not divorce so quickoly as today
    s generation.
    My Mother's day post is also on my mum.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great fondness for yellow roses - they were in my wedding bouquet along with white flowers!
    Beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Yellow roses has always been my favorite! So what color did I plant? White!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Debbie's Travels

    ReplyDelete

.