my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Land of the brave....home of the Free!!


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics




This week, with the military coup over in Pakistan, I salute my military men!!


For some this would be a great, patriotic song, of the inner self...being America. But for me, it's more the strengths of our country's military personnel. If you take the time to read the lyrics you may see in your mind, what I see....the troops going to battle, or protecting our borders, or perhaps you may envision a U. S. Marine going to his assigned deployment to serve country with pride and leaving behind AMERICA -home of the free and land of the brave- only to continue being true to thee.



O, America you’re calling,
I can hear you calling me:

You are calling me to be true to thee,
True to thee… I will be.

O, America no weeping,
Let me heal your wounded heart:
I will keep you in my keeping,

Till there be… a new start.

And I will answer you, and I will take your hand,
And lead you… to the sun:

And I will stand by you…do all that I can do,
And we will be… as one.

O, America I hear you,
From your prairies to the sea,

From your mountains grand, and all through this land,
You are beautiful to me.

And… O, America you’re calling,
I can hear you calling me:

You are calling me to be true to thee,
True to thee… I will be.

And I will answer you, and I will take your hand,
And lead you… to the sun:

And I will stand by you… do all that I can do,
And we will be…as one.

O, America you’re calling…
I will ever answer thee.





SONG LINK on You Tube, O America

William Joseph, the song's composer from Phoenix Arizona Lyrics: written by Brendan Graham [from Ireland, no less!]

PHOTO CREDITS: Bud and his mom on leave from Great Lakes Training - Laser etched Eagle Globe and Anchor [USMC symbol] - Sunrise New Year's Day [2011] - One of Bud's Ships [Navy] - Erik [San Diego Recruiting Depot after graduating] - Sunrise on beach - My Mother's Day gift from long ago...when Erik was in the Gulf War ---music box that plays the Marine's Hymn. In my life, I've a USMC brother, one brother who served in the Army and another who chose Air Force, a brother in law who was Navy, an uncle who was Army Air Corps in WWII, a great great grandfather who was part of New York's army during the Civil War...I could go on and on of those in my family who have served with honor.

COMPOSE A FOOTNOTE: (comment)

Post a Comment

.