my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




...aka laughing gull


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS





Also...
get out the tissues.
See this amazing tale of survival...
Meet Mason, a mixed breed dog that was swept away by a tornado, only to CRAWL home on two broken legs - over two weeks past the storm hitting his neighborhood.
It's incredible!!





- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

A man goes into the confessional at church and says, "Forgive me, father. I have sinned." The priest recognizes the man's voice. It is Charlie Smith, one of the most loyal, devoted members of the church. The priest says, "Charlie, I cannot believe that you, of all people, could possibly have committed a sin." Charlie says, "Well, father, I am ashamed to admit that I did. My wife and I have been married for 42 years and for the last ten, we have been unable to have marital relations. And you cannot imagine what that is like, father. It just creates unbearable tension and causes my dear wife to believe that I do not love her, which is far, far from the truth." "I understand," says the priest. Charlie goes on: "Then, last Saturday evening, I looked at my wife and she was bending over a sack of potatoes. There was something about her at that moment...I suddenly experienced feelings I had not felt for a decade. I was suddenly filled with love and passion for my wife and I grabbed her and ripped her dress off and we made love, right there on that sack of potatoes. And that is how I have sinned, father." The priest is puzzled. "That is not a sin, my son. The two of you are married...it is not a sin to express that love for your wife..." There are tears in Charlie's voice as he gasps, "You mean it, father? You really mean it? We won't be thrown out of the church?" The priest laughs. "Of course not. Why would we throw you out of the church?" Charlie says, "Well, they threw us out of the Safeway."

- - -


If you are Obsessive-Compulsive, please press 1 exactly 4 times.
You will be told you didn't do it quite right. When you finally get it exactly right, we may help you develop and perfect a new compulsion.

If you are Co-Dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
We will then help your partner find better ways to manipulate you more effectively.

If you have Multiple Personalities, please press 3, 4, and 5.
We will hypnotize you and help you recover repressed abuse memories, and then refer you to an attorney who believes in that stuff so you can sue your abuser(s).

If you have Attention Deficit Disorder, press any numbers you can in rapid sequence. It won't matter what the response is since you wouldn't remember it anyway.


Thanks for calling the help hotline!! We're here for you.

21 comments :

  1. Thanks for the touching story about the dog...I just keep hearing stories of miracles and outpouring of love in the wake of these tragedies.

    And Anni thanks for the laughs. I can't wait to share this one with Honey Bear.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great funny, a great Laughing Gull and a very touching story. Nice one Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are always beyond belief

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which part of your very varied post I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story of the dog's ordeal is quite amazing. I wonder if he's the same dog that I saw of TV last night who had splints on his front paws? Bet it is! I think it looks like the same canine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot of the gull, looks quite cold. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gull picture is good but the video made me cry! I am so glad Mason has someone to care for him, how could his owners give him up?? I try not to judge but after he showed such devotion to them I think I would have found a way to keep him. I hope he gets the love he so deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice shot. Like the video also
    mine is here : http://jidhujose.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-221-one-tusker.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dog story is incredible! Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a deeply touching dog story! Great that folks would take the time to make these videos! Wanted to swat those ants - what does that make me??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love gull pictures, Anni, and the potato-sack story was hilarious, but that video was purely wonderful. I would like to think our Lindy would find her way home if she got lost, but with two broken legs? That is true love and devotion. I'm so glad there are people willing to take care of this little canine hero until his folks get their home restored.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shot of the bird and that is a really brave dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great as usual!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, that is so sad and happy at the same time. Great video, Anni. Love the gull photo and the funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni, beautiful photo. I love your spider that crawls along your page.

    I saw the story about Mason last night when I was surfing the internet. Remarkable!! What an inspiration.

    If you have time, drop over to my Writing Nook. I have another post up.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. the gull shot is fantastic
    I needed the tissues for Mason, I'm so glad he made his way home

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your shot of the gull.

    The video of the little dog is so touching, that is true devotion. I hope he will be well taken care of after his ordeal.

    Love the joke and your crawling spiders are too cool.

    Have a fantastic holiday weekend Anni!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing the story about the dog. Dogs are ever faithful. Really touching. Am glad it is in good hands now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You scared me with this spider !!
    I also have a seagull, but it looks completely different. The dog story is so touching and amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great selection, from humour to tearful [but with a great outcome].
    The spiders are fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww bless his little heart, Mason certainly is a perfect story of survival! Can't even imagine the pain he was in while crawling home for all that time. Through all the tragedies, it's stories like these that bring a ray of sunshine to an otherwise horrible time.

    Ok, I just about spit out my coffee while reading that joke! lol Too funny!! Oh, and remind me never to call a hotline. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.