my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Once upon a time....




...ever since the presidential campaign back in '08 and seeing the future 1st lady come on stage wearing a beautiful and yet a simple cut dress, I've become obsessed with the color [of the dress]. Yes, I state my favorite colors are were dark forest green and royal purple...well, they still are favorites of mine, but the color of this dress...what I call magenta...it's quickly become a favorite of mine also. The color, when I wear it, brings out the silver in my graying hair. [the subject of gray hair will follow this] Not only that, I think it brings out a glow in ANY complexion. I never, ever, thought a certain color would accentuate any skin tone but this particular color, in my estimation...and I've seen it on many women since the campaign year only 'cause I've been paying attention more to the color...and as I say...the color is GOOD for ALL skin tones. All thanks to our 1st lady, well, at least through my eyes.... The color has been around forever of course. And being a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal that I am, I finally found a magenta T-Shirt. And I'm pleased as punch. Me? Dresses? Nah!! Now, the color...back to the color magenta:
    "Magenta is a color of universal harmony and emotional balance. It is spiritual yet practical, encouraging common sense and a balanced outlook on life. The color magenta helps to create harmony and balance in every aspect of life; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. A combination of red and violet, magenta contains the passion, power and energy of red, restrained by the introspection and quiet energy of violet...."
    read more on the color HERE


Michelle O photo courtesy of Access Hollywood dot com - no infringement intended.



- - -

Then, returning to my thoughts on graying hair. My color of hair when a lot younger was a strawberry blond. Some days, especially in the summer when out in the sun a lot, it was quite near platinum blond...but with a very dingy yellow tinge to it. The redness returned in the Fall and Winter ...depending on the season. As the years passed and after I had my two children, it became quite dull and more a dish water blond. Darkening with age. Then, the five decades put a whole new scenario with my hair color. It was like it was overnight...but the dingy yellow blond became gray on top with a light ash blond at the nape of the neck. And being the outdoorsy person that I've always been, my face is sun-bleached and rather wrinkled. What am I saying? A WHOLE LOT WRINKLED!! Which is okay, no complaints here...but the hair...I'm not even contemplating coloring it...dying it back to blond ---it would look SO artificial with the skin condition. Now, I used to put a silver rinse in my mother's hair each time I'd fix up her 'do' for her. It was a gray rinse. Turning HER dingy Irish-strawberry-blond-turned-gray hair a vibrant shiny silver. More or less, a lot like what you see Paula Deen's hair color is on the Food Network. And, to be honest, I would like that color if only I were so lucky. The last time I had my hair trimmed off my neck for the season [bobbed short], my regular place I go to get my hair cut, she and I got to talking. I told her that I've looked and looked all over for a gray hair rinse --just a rinse; not dye. She said just get the expensive gray hair shampoos..."it'll work like the rinses of long ago did." I now have Pantene for Silver Hair. It DOES take the dingy yellow tones out. And I thank her for her advice. I would never have guessed that a shampoo could do 'the trick'. I asked Bud if he could see the difference in the gray tone...he said:
"What makes the difference anyhow? I'd love you if you were bald and toothless."

Pfffft....gimme a break. I know he just wants me around to cook his meals and clean up hair balls. The CATS' hairballs that is.

- - -<><><>- - -

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?!!? [answer it now], then click here to see what it tells you about your personality. [being that my color WAS green I feel reading about the color MAGENTA fits me better]. rofl

6 comments :

  1. http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2010/12/fso-thankful-don-and-olwyn-dickson.html

    Today I spent time with my ex pastor's wife. Look at the photo? That's was more than 20 years ago, and was in her 50s or more. She was completely grey, but very elegant.

    20 years down the track, she looks exactly the same.

    If your sweet heart loves you as you are , just leave it.

    Having said that, my husband had premature greying at 40. Now, every month, I dye his hair. He says in the corporate world which adores youth. It was impt that he keeps a young image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav colors, once I went to a color co-ordination. I was analysed as a winter person . I have since then prefered dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that color too and I think you are right about it working for anyone. I like an ecru color for myself.
    Good information on shampoo - I never knew that. I'm coloring my hair now, but for how long? This tip will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved the color purple. I do like the color magenta and agree it does go well with any complexions.
    What a sweet comment from B, he is sure a keeper.!!!
    My hair has always been blonde and now getting that dish water color. My hair stylist did mention she is seeing some gray in it.I told her it was my new high-lite stage.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Anni cooking for B and brushing and care for Madi are my purposes in life now that I'm retired.
    Hugs,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color magenta as well! Don't really have a favorite! Good tip about the shampoo and grey hair - I'm letting mine grow natural!

    ReplyDelete

.