“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Siblings...friends...family...funnies


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS




My sister's day package from Sharon arrived!! So, since there were a couple of 'critters' in the package, I thought I'd share them here for CAMERA CRITTERS this week---



For fun [she knows I have several 'beany babies'...so here is a collector's item! And it sings with an Elvis Recording when I squeeze his tummy---Let me be your Teddy Bear!! And she didn't go 'wrong' by picking out something purple. But, of course, she knows it's a favorite color of mine.



Sharon has seen photos of my Halloween Collection of witches and such; and Christmas Santas...they both include a witch and a santa pez dispenser...guess she thought a cute easter bunny would work for me too. She was right!



Two other gems inside the package were an antique santa tin she found at an antique store...thing is it is a tin of santa with 1949 on it [enlarge]---my birth year. She told me when we talked on the phone that she couldn't resist that one. The other, a pair of slipper socks, which I wear around the house in winter all the time!!

Cheers to sisterhood.


- - -<><><>- - -

WEEKEND FUNNIES


This one, think hard! And read it slow!!

Two Sisters

Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock. The brunette balances their checkbook, then takes their last $600 dollars out west to another ranch where a man has a prize bull for sale. Upon leaving, she tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home." The brunette arrives at the man's ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she does want to buy it. The man tells her that he can sell it for $599, no less. After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. She walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home." The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word." Well, after paying for the bull, the brunette only has $1 left. She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word. After thinking for a few minutes, she nods, and says, "I want you to send her the word, 'comfortable.'" The telegraph operator shakes his head. "How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her the word, 'comfortable'?" The brunette explains, "My sister's blonde."

"She'll read it very slow."



19 comments :

  1. Hello, what a cute blog you have. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet message. I love that you and your sister celebrate being sisters. I don't have a sister but if I did, I would hope we would do the same. Thanks for visiting, and hope you will come again. Hugs, Karie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute beanie baby and I love the color purple too. What fun gifts to receive. And a neat idea to do Sister's day exchanges. Do you send a package also? I enjoyed the bull story. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great goodies you received in the mail. I know you will enjoy them.
    Honey this joke is way too funny. Comfortable. I have to remember that one.
    lol
    Have a great weekend
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comfortable! Ha!
    Your sister did great. I love all the things she sent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special sister you have and what a special sister Sharon has.
    An Elvis Beany Baby....I must look for one of those.
    Happy Saturday
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally fun to have a sister and enjoy a sister's day! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun post and i really enjoyed your new critters. a purple elvis bear sure can't be beat! hoppy easter back at ya! happy critter day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beanie Elvis is cool!

    Have a great weekend, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funny surprise package. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want an Elvis beanie! That is so cool.
    A couple of weeks ago I saw a foot high Pez despenser and I didn't buy it. I'm kicking myself for that.
    I LOVED the joke!!! Made my day.
    Have a great weekend!

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni! What a blessing to have such a thoughtful sister ... she gave you some wonderful gifts. I think that your story was really funny too.

    Thanks for what you wrote on my post of yesterday ... I know that you speak the truth, I just didn't want to get anybody stirred up. I try to avoid politics and religion, but was feeling led to post that one.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have my favorite socks that I wear around the house all winter.... Kinda sad to have to put them up!

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to share that with our four blond daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie , I miss my sister too! She lives in Tennesee so I don't get to see her very often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice sister you have to send such a bunch of treasures. You were born the year after me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are really cute stuffs,thanks for sharing the cartoon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how gorgeous!

    My Camera Critter post, have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice sister you have! Love the antique Santa. The Elvis would make a nice birthday gift for my nephew. I'll be looking for that one.

    ReplyDelete

.