my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Eclipse of Darkness©

ECLIPSE OF DARKNESS©

An azure eclipse of mystery your eyes are.
Shrouded and alien with a hidden secret
Indigo twighlight on a cold wintry landscape
Dazzling my every footpath of life with
the sparkle, the glow of a far away, distant star

Outwardly, a wild and untamed sky
your gazing orbs become celestial spheres
encircling my being like heaven on earth...
dancing with moon beams and starshine
rarely a ray of sunshine they imply

Inwardly, pools of the deep ocean's spray...
witness I, ignition of Spring's rebirth of iris blue
with exception; the virulence of a summer storm
the clarity of an Autumn morn
the winter's stark coldness that captures my heart...
enigmas of my mind and soul, yet
only to take my breath away...

An azure eclipse of mystery your eyes are.
The glow of a far, distant, silent reverie ... a star!




Eclipse of Darkness©
Copyrighted by
Hootin' Anni
2011
I wrote this in the courtroom yesterday out of boredom. LOL
photo monochrome
with color enhancement
courtesy of Google images

13 comments :

  1. "Hootin' Anni's" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/01/sites-to-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautful annie

    :)







    BHupesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - You became the winner of my 1001 blog post anniversary. Mail your name and adress to

    anjoe.legehus11(X)yahoo.dk

    and I'll snailmail the two red hearts :)
    (X)=@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni this was just beautiful .. and I love the look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni, I was looking for your 55 and found these photos...I ask exactly the same questions of my brood and the years that have gone by so quickly.

    Happy New Year!

    regards,
    Eaton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie you are a very talented writer! Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMC Anni...what a beautiful poem....I'm thinking maybe you should be on jury duty every day...if it inspires you to write such beautiful poetry!!!
    Are you compiling a book of poetry?
    Happy Weekend,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved it.You sure do have a gift for words.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're supposed to be paying attention there in court!!! :)

    your poem is simply amazing, so perceptive, a true reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had no idea that sheer boredom could blossom beautiful poetry! I love people's eyes and see so much in them! Steel blue are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Anni, how very beautiful! To think you wrote that while bored in the courtroom, that's too funny. You certainly do have the heart of a poet my dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been around all week - I think I remember that you got summoned for jury duty? What a creative way to spend your time - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, are you serving on the jury?

    This is beautiful and written by a beautiful lady!
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.