“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






We've been "Yanked" again....yippee

and
click on Sunday Stealing button to join


SUNDAY STEALING

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Mac Davis's song "Oh lord it's hard to be humble". LOL

2. How much cash do you have on you? None. I rarely have ca$h.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? Snore. Is this going to be a bore [the meme questions]?

4. Favorite planet? Besides this one we're on? The one with the rings...ya, Saturn. I think I was born under Saturn's something or other....or some such nonsense.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? Dunno...don't look at that. I really don't care. If it was an important call that I missed, they'll call back.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Right now...Beethoven's 5th.

7. What shirt are you wearING? A white T-shirt with a USMC eagle globe and anchor that says: "yes, the Marines are part of the Navy, the MEN'S parts"

8. Do you label yourself? ya, and the label is with Scotch Tape, to hold it all together.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? Barefoot.

10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark...

11. Did you do anything to celebrate John Lennon's 70th yesterday? Are you kiddin' me? I'm not nor will I ever be a fan of the Beatles. [I do like the song, Imagine, tho....go figure]

12. What does your watch look like? I have several...the one I'm wearing now has three cameos on each side of the watch's face.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? See #3...my first answer.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? I have had that disabled entirely.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? It's all "Stripes" here in Texas. No 7-11's that I've seen anywhere in the state.

16. What’s a word that you say a lot? Ha....I plead the 5th on this question.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My dear husband.

18. Last furry thing you touched? Kitties....but, that is NOT what I first thought of....again, the 5th I plead.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Heart meds....in other words, LEGAL drugs.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Film? What's that? I probably have film on the bathtub that needs attention...does that count?

21. Favorite age you have been so far? right here, right now.

22. Your worst enemy? Sitting here on my butt getting broad from answering Sunday's questions.

23. What is your current desktop picture (extra points if you post it.)? A bird photo I took.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? Good Morning

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? A Million...I could hire someone then, to do the flying FOR me.


* *END SUNDAY STEALING
if you wanna skip over the rest of my blogging for the day---

COMMENT HERE




- - -<><>- - -



SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

I'm Texan by choice, and the Texas Rangers have been doing well in the division playoff games -except for yesterday's game...I think they deserved to lose the way they played. "My" Yankees won last night...now they advance ---who will be their opponent?!! The Rangers or the Rays? That will be known in time....For the Rays it's one and Rangers two wins.... I think I can almost guarantee that whomever wins the League Championship they'll be the stronger in the World Series than the National League. It's been that way all season...the AL played better. Just my opinion.

- - -

Another week has flown by. The weather has turned almost perfect now! There is still a threat of possible hurricanes, but I feel 'safe' from harm until the new season of threats in 2011. While wading along the shore the other day, the water temperature has dropped considerably now, and the humidity has almost disappeared. Anyway, we drove from Corpus up to the little town of Calallen...you know, the home of the Wildcats? Oh, I guess you don't know...it's a high school team. And their football team seems to always get in the running for state champs. LOL Moving on....just a few miles northwest of Calallen there is a county park. Named after the land donater...Hazel Bazemore. And it is world known for the hawk migration. I think we went too early in the day to find any hawks...but we did find ---or should I change that wording, the mosquitoes found US. And you know what they say, "everything's bigger in Texas". Taking pictures, all of a sudden my new camera [which I'm still learning to use] flashes a message for me..."internal memory is full". Well now, I never had that happen to me until now! I was wondering just what the heck that meant. And if you've purchased anything new that is digital in any way recently, you don't get an 'in-depth' idiot guide unless you order one or go online to read it. I don't have ink in my printer, so I haven't yet printed out the 90 page user's guide. Back to internal memory...how the heck can I take more pictures? What did I do wrong? What does all this mean? The shutter release wouldn't work...I was missing all kinds of photo ops!! Dang. I was getting really p!ssed with myself and the camera and the company 'cause they are too cheap to add a full-sized guide for dummies even if we DID pay hundreds of dollars for their product!! So, the mosquitoes finally won out...we left to go walking around in the little town. We then took the interstate back home instead of the back country roads. Once home, I went into the office/library and sat down to check out my emails, etc. As I sat down, I noticed the camera's photo card was still in the chip's reader...hooked up to the USB cable!! #@!!! The chip was not put back into the camera before we left. Oh I made sure there were charged batteries in the camera beforehand, but forgot to reinstall the chip!! It took me hours to figure out how to copy the internal memory onto the card because of the fact there is nothing in the little pamphlet you get with the camera, and everything online to help is so vague. I was really feeling stupid. But I got it done. After all the stress, I ended up with only ONE bird photo, two other gnarly photos which I'll post about sometime. In the meantime, I added the bird photo on my photo blog. The bird is only found in coastal Texas...south to South America. So, you may have not seen this particular one before.

By the way, this park is super. It has boundaries of the Nueces River, water-fowl galore, a huge beautiful golf course for another boundary...and open land to the East....with a meandering one way drive throughout. And hawk watching platforms in some areas.

since I couldn't take photos myself...
panoramic view of park area from park brochure

- - -

Yesterday, we drove over to Portland Texas and walked around through the Fall Festival. There wasn't much, I did find the cutest scarecrows in one of the craft booths...didn't buy one, but did snap a photo of it on my cellphone so I could 'copy' the idea and make one or two for myself at a later time. I'll share photos in a bit...haven't taken them off the phone yet...too busy watching ballgames. LOL





- - -<><><>- - -



I was awarded this sweet gift from Freda at Fredamans this past Tuesday, and I must say I'm very pleased!! Thank you so much for thinking of me!!! This is what makes a blogger feel 'loved' and appreciated. Now, I'm supposed to answer the question given to me: "Would you go back and change anything in your life"? I answer a definite no. I've asked myself this over and over, and I think that by learning as you live is most important...whether right or wrong in decision making.

29 comments :

  1. Yeah Nice answer of the last question... I like that =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing over your internal memory issue. That happens to me far too frequently and it really is maddening.
    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your answers!
    Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot of bare feet around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you about the camera directions - ridiculous! So glad you figured it out and got your pictures out of the camera! What a beautiful day for you. I'm glad it's cooled off and the hurricane season is about over for you!

    I'll be blogging about our trip for several days to come - great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I can't get the Rangers games here. Although kind of glad I didn't get to see yesterday's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Anni. Sorry I didn't visit last week, but I told about it in my new post this morning. I love you Halloween Decor you have here on your Blog. You have always been so artistic and creative. "CONGRATULATION'S" on your Award. You deserve every Award you receive. I can't beleive that there are Hurricanes still popping up this late in the Season, but I guess that is when they do start forming now. I love me some Hometown Football and even tho I don't go to none of my hometown's Football games, I do keep up to see if they win or not. They don't have High School Football her in the town we live in, but they do Basketball. I guess the School System is too small. Our town here is having their Harvest Festival on the 30th of this month. It's not a huge thing, but it is something to do around here that day. You mean you have those skeeters down your way too? LOL. I can't stand those things and I will be glad when they go away. Take care my friend and have a great day and week.

    Love and hugs my friend,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally relate with #22; it's one of my concerns these days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wondered how to get actual songs for ring tones in my phone. Beethoven's 5th, that and "to hold it all together" are charming and wise :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your enthusiasm for Halloween! No ca$h here either, but with me it's not by choice. lol You shoulda posted your birdie pic. Always fun to stop in...have a great SUnday and Monday (if you celebrate). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha I laughed with the last part but that s absolutely true (=..

    Of coarse the bear I am pertaining is a stuffed toy. I can't be with any other bear of man..hahaha silly you.. (=

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have yet to see one person choose flying, over money. What a silly question! Have a great weekend Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Getting broad. ROFLMAO. oh aren't we all. LOL. I feel for ya and the memory card. I so agree you pay all that money provide and no damn manual. But can you imagine the money they are saving by not including one in each product and then still have the balls to Jack up the price of the products? Go figure. Go Rangers! Go Philly! Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  14. So other than that, what's your favorite Beatles' album?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had that ring tone once.
    I till love playing with your purple/orange effect...


    Have a great Sunday.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/kim-kardashian-is-a-blogger/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  16. John Lennon's birthday was a big deal to me because he's been such an important influence on my life. I'm also a fan of Leroy Jethro Gibbs -- Mark Harmon's character on NCIS. He would WHOLEHEARTEDLY approve of your shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for checking out my sunday stealing.. I love your halloween layout :) I love your answer to the film question...lol Film is rare

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni, the park is beautiful and the photo you took of the bird is gorgeous. I would have loved to have been with you for all but the giant mosquito part of the trip. LOL

    Dwight is watching football and all those big guys have pink accessories for breast cancer awareness month. Yay for them.

    Take care. So glad to be back in touch.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome answers!!!! loved it!! especially the planet with the ring thing!!!! lol!!! keep it up!! hottin for u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni-
    I've been trying to figure out how to contact Nina. That link thing drives all of us nuts. I decided to mention it in a question next week! (I'm slow but clever!) Hang in there, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Re your comments - the good news was that the "eruption" didn't smell bad - what a blessing! The bad news was that it hit me on my leg under my seat - I freaked a bit on that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dawn!!! Oh my goodness...gag...I'm gagging just reading your comment on this....ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did really well with those questions, lots of lols there. I think I remember a halloween theme you did last year? Lovely to visit your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, it's halloween here already.. nice layout.

    i like your answer on last q. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also love saturn because the ring itself is fantastic, and it was the only planet in the universe has a ring, I wonder what's the ring really look like when its near

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love reading your answers! Funny and True. God Bless You! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  27. You were crackin' me up with your Sunday Stealing answers! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, I always love your answers..."Oh, Lord, its hard to be humble"...I thought of this song just the other day...I recently got a new phone..my normal ring tone is 'Country Roads' and the one for when Honey Bear calls is 'Unchained Melody'...my wallpaper is a scene of the Auburn football Stadium.
    Thanks for the treat.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete

.