my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




WEATHER or not, here I come---well back up 40 years----

and
click on Sunday Stealing button to join


SUNDAY STEALING
note: a most unique and fun stolen meme this week!



1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.

2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why. I'm gonna go back 40 years! Whoa!! Reason why...would be that is when I really started learning about life and motherhood.

3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are. I'm in Colorado, recently married just over a year, and a new mother....first child, Irene.

4. You only have one "date" with this former self.

5. Answer these questions.

Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you? The year 1969...I'm 20.

1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet? I'm sure...I haven't changed much except for weathered skin from continually being outdoors in summer, winter, fall and springtime. LOL

2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise? No....I've always wanted to be married and a full-time mother of two. In 1969, I remember I had the financial ability to quit my outside-the-home career and raise children....my choice.

3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS? Other than always be yourself? Wear your best smile!!

4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know? What's happening in your life?

5. How would you answer YYS's question? Motherhood is not an 8-5 job, it's a lifetime job!! One that reaps benefits galore!!


6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS? Enjoy every day and live like there is no tomorrow. Don't fret over the small stuff...the world keeps on turning.

7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS? I'd think 'sucka'!!! And let MYS try natural birthing just because....but I WOULD say secretly now that I know better....Don't be a fool, just to experience 'natural' birth....ask for drugs!!!

8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you? That I lost all the 'baby fat' from pregnancy and more pounds after giving birth.

9. What do you think will least surprise YYS? I'm happy where I am in life as a new mother...doting over Irene and loving Bud for helping me create the miracle.

10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future? I would hope so!!!

...and regarding #8 ---

Guess what? Moving to today: I found 'em and more!! They [the pounds I lost] really weren't LOST...they were hiding, and jumped on me from outta nowhere.

END OF SUNDAY STEALING
if you'd like to skip over my blogger tip and Sunday's Summary section...you may:

COMMENT HERE



- - -<><><>- - -

SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

Did any of you Blogspot Bloggers realize they now have a comment SPAM folder?!! For your blogs? Yes indeedy folks...step right up, step right up...hear it here, hear it now: While in your editing window for Blogger, see the comments tab? [orange highlight] Well, click on it...it opens a spam folder for all your comments. You can accomplish a whole slew of things. To the far right, it also tells you how many comments you've had since the very first post ever made. Well, it's news to me anyway; y'all may have known about it already. Goes to show you how 'on top I am' of things with 'what's new'. I just happen to click on COMMENTS in my admin/editing and found it. I clicked on the "spam" tab and found three comments that needed to be approved. Hmmmm, LOL Here is an example:




- - -<><><>- - -

SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

Yet another walk along the beach. This time, we went to the Ships' channel that comes right from the open Gulf of Mexico...Aransas Pass Texas. The sea shell season is beginning to come to life once again now that the water is slowly cooling off in temperature. I found only but a few, but I enjoyed the walk along the surf. I also played a while with something new to me...there is a feature on my newer camera that has a panoramic setting. Tho I don't have a hard copy of the 'idiot's book' on operating this new fangled thing, I find anyway that by 'doing' I learn faster and remember what I've done. Instead of reading and then getting out there and trying to recall just what it is I'm supposed to do and when and how. Well, the panoramic is new to me as I said, and I just experimented with it the one time. The photo I took is now posted on my photo blog---'testing the waters'---literally one of us at the time was testing the waters while the other...well, just testing!!! You'll see what I post about if you click on the link aforementioned in bold text. Personally, I don't think I'll be using it much, but it's still nice to know I have the feature on my camera; just in case. I still consider myself a novice on photography, but it most definitely is addictive!! Bud and I only walked from the jetty to the pier and didn't stay as long as I'd like, there is a lighthouse nearby this channel, and I read that you can see it from the shore...it's now a non-operative lighthouse and the only way you can get 'up close and personal'...without stepping foot on the private property, is by chartering a boat into one of the off waterways from the channel...for a photo op. Well, the charter boats are expensive, and I don't think it's worth the money...but I did finally spot it jutting up in the horizon from the beach! To be honest, I knew about it being there, but never knew just where to look on the horizon....now I know and I will go back real soon to take time to see how well the camera works for me from the shore on that subject. Real soon, I hope. Now that the weather will turn half-way tolerable during the day, I'm sure we'll go back to the area in no time 'cause this is a great place for bird migration!! And speaking of birds, I've noticed the last couple of days that a hummingbird has taken claim of our reviving flowers from the summer heat....I took the liberty of getting down our four hummingbird feeders and scrubbed them out thoroughly to rehang. Soon, with the coming colder air up North, we'll have a winter migration of seed-eating birds and the nectar loving birds in our yard! I always feed 'em beginning in Autumn through the Spring months when they arrive again going back North. I love watching them all, and I also look forward to traveling around the Texas Birding Highways and Birding Reserves this time of year. It's so exhilarating to see a species, watch it, log the time and place I spotted it...and photograph it if possible. Oh and I also made the most delicious apple crisp ever!!! A neighbor gave me 3 pounds of Jonathon apples and they were kinda dry and mealy, so instead of munching on them just whole and fresh, I peeled 'em all...made the oatmeal crunchie mixer and baked....I have a photo of a piece of it, which I swore I'd not show online 'cause it's appearance leaves a lot to be desired...kinda gross-looking...but here it is...in all its glory. I never measure when I cook...just toss in this and add that, but this time, the apples were cooked to perfection, and the cinnamon and sugar mix was perfect. We topped it off with frozen fat free yogurt and a hot cinnamon syrup. I want more!! And the last tidbit for the week...Bud and I actually went to the theater to see a movie Friday.....The Town. Unless you like the "F" word...don't go!! Seriously, every other word in the movie script IS the "F" word...even the female lead says it. The story isn't too bad. I did like how it ended...but it's NOT worth any money. And I'm sure it won't be on free TV anytime soon either.

26 comments :

  1. You mean leathered skin? ROFLMAO. Just kidding. LOL. I've never been pregnant. Wonder what my excuse is for the added on weight. LOL. You mean blogger is just mow getting a spam folder? What the hell did you do before then? Oh I know. Thought WordPress. Yum the apple crisp. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom I actually don't know how long Blogger has had the SPAM feature...like I said, I just found it! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers!!
    I guess no one would like to run into a new version of themselves that is around 2o years older. Life gets complicated as we grow old!!

    http://dwivedi2326.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-stealing-time-traveler-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on where to find the spam folder. Sounds like a nice walk you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your interview with yourself. I would tell myself to lose those baby pounds because I never did!
    The crisp looks wonderful. I happen to have some Jonathons here that would make some good crisp too.
    I like that spam folder. It's caught a lot of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mari Yes, I think Jonathon apples are perfect for baking...crisp, tart and juicy...Fall is the best time for baking with apples!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing my little meme. Very interesting to have someone go back 40 years. I love your "spooky" Halloween theme for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the purple roll-over. How Hootin' fun!
    69 had a lot of good TV shows- that's all I remember besides the riots and the war.


    Have a great Sunday.

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/how-do-you-use-your-hashtag/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree very much with your "sunday stealing" post. I haven't changed, except the wrinkles and of course I am more cool.
    I have to look at this new thing in Blogger, I just looked last week to see if there was something new, but haven't seen this.
    Goes well with my post about Spams today !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is really nice to see someone who loves and enjoys being a mother as much as you. I'm sure your children were very blessed to have you as a mom. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry those pounds found you. They will do that. (And PS, I saw The Town over the weekend and enjoyed it. Except those nun masks are giving me nightmares.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went back 40 years for my meme response too. There was just something about that time period - so much going on.

    I knew about the Blogger spam folder. I have found a couple comments there that were not spam, so it's good to check it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. G'morn, Anni ~ I wish I had your email to send you this piece on healthcare ... my email is ~
    blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com

    Have a beautiful Sunday, my friend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog. Found you over at Sherry's place country wings in phoenix. I hope you will come join me too. I saw the cutest s/p shaker set called Hoot n Annie! I thought I need those. Take care and have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs from COoorful Colorado Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I left a comment earlier, perhaps I need to re learn to S P E L L ! I live in Colorful Colorado! Hee Hee Anne

    Your blog is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annie,

    Good positive answers - I like it.

    :0)


    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni....what a thought provoking post...
    If I met my YYS I'd recognize her...she hasn't changed that much. If I went back I'd go back to August 1971...I was 22.5 years old. I had been married 1.5 years and was about to have our one and only child. I, too, was lucky enough to be able to stay home, my choice, for 10 years. We had such a good time too!!! I would not trade those years for anything in the world. Most precious and memorable of my life!!! My child turned into a bright, exciting, funny, smart and lovely young woman!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness, can you imagine being able to meet yourself from years back...I'd tell me to smarten up and not get married at 18 years old! LOL You had some great answers there!!

    No I never noticed about the SPAM folder, will have to go check it out after I finish catching up here. Good thing you tell me about these things, otherwise I'd never notice. lol

    Wow, you did great with the panoramic setting on your camera, the picture is terrific! I have that setting on mine too but haven't even tried it yet.

    The hummingbirds have all left here now so I'm guessing they're headed your way:-) I really miss watching them while I'm at the kitchen counter. I brought in the 2 hummingbird feeders, washed them and put them away until next Spring.

    Pass me some of that apple crisp please.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the #5 and #6 answers. ohh fat ohh fat I wish i can fry them and sell the oil i have lots of it. Like you said lost the prego fat and gain more after hehe. Happy sunday stealing

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great blog and thanks for the treat. I didn't even have to do a trick!

    I love your meeting with your younger self. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I didn't know about the Blogger comment thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wanted to stop by and say hello. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  24. About the movie: Recently I had a copy of 'Little Miss Sunshine'. I thought it was a kid's movie and was going to watch it with the Princess but the first two scenes showed the grandpa snorting coke and the mother smoking and swearing...so I did a second look at the cover and saw it was rated R...Honey Bear and I watched it..this would have been a cute movie without the vice and curse words..why do they think they have to add them.
    The Apple Crisp looks so good...I wish I could go for a walk on the beach with you...it is time for me to bring my Hummingbird feeder in and clean it for storage.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally agree with #5..Motherhood is a 24/7/365 no retirement,nonending job lol.But the best job ever!
    I also lost my baby weight..and found it in twins and triplets!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful answers. I'm glad to get to know more about you through them. I agree with you on #5 :)

    ReplyDelete

.