“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






Silence!!


MACRO MONDAY entry, below the Halloween Treat

This is week 5 of October...Come Sunday, it'll be Halloween! So, in regards to all the wonderful comments from all the sweet visitors and time taken to say 'boo' to me for the month, I give you this....the last of my Halloween Treats!!!----



You've all been
PURRfect Guests!!!

Thank you






- - -<><><>- - -




click Macro button to join


a roseate skimmer
[dragon fly]


I am using one of my photos that I posted on my photo blog [link in bold text]. If you'd care to see more of 'him' in the macro setting....just click .... It will open in a new window.


END MACRO MONDAY
if you'd like to skip over my Monday Morsels...

COMMENT HERE


- - -<><><>- - -



Monday Morsels

Yesterday in my Sunday's Summary section, I was 'talking' about my future book reads....ironic. So, I got an email from Jeff Dunham [I signed up for and requested to be notified if he'd return to Corpus Christi with another comedy show]. He stated, or advertised, his upcoming new autobiography that is going to be on the shelves the first week of November of this year. Bud? Are you listening to me? Ahem....a Christmas gift under the tree for me? *hint* Anyway, there was a link with a couple of excerpts from his new book. I don't think it'll hurt any, or infringe on copyright issues if I share. It IS helping promote sales for him, right? I love the guy's performances to almost being a fanatic. Especially with Achmed and Peanut!! The book is called "All By My Selves". In case you didn't know, Jeff is a ventriloquist. And his shows are super funny. Not to mention, Bud has a little bit of Walter in him. It will definitely be one to read. I highly anticipate it....hope it's as good as his Comedy Central, and his live shows! If not, I'll be sorely disappointed.



- - -

With no baseball games yesterday....:::sigh:::, I started a new painting. I know I won't get it done in time, but it's a start for next year. Come on Wednesday evening!!! I'm thinking what'll I do after the World Series? I'm gonna be lost 'til I figure out something. roflmao Oh and by the way...today is 10/25/2010....just TWO months from Christmas.


31 comments :

  1. Woot,..I love your animation for the Texas Rangers...Anyway I can copy that for my blog? You know me...no shame!!! LOL Love your dragon fly :) Awesome. Have a great Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragonfly is very pretty in pinkish color. I have a couple that are made out of cloth. The one pictured here looks real. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom Of course, take the animation for the Rangers....in fact, anyone can if they want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo nice! Love the page too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really enjoyed your Halloween blogs ^..^
    .. great dragonfly shot >..<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot! Thanks for commenting on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dragon fly shot! You've outdone yourself on that one. :)
    We are big fans of Jeff Dunham here. Our cat is occasionally called Achmed when he tries to sneak up on Heather. I bet the book is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind words and visit! The picture of the dragonfly is simply beautiful. Her wings are so delicate! Have a grand day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful color! I've never seen a dragonfly this pink before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Anni!!!
    Mom likes Mr. Dunham and Walter...Mom and Dad saw them several times while cruising on Dawn Princess to Alaska!!!

    Thanks for the memories.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Hootin' Halloween Blog...Love It and your Macro Magic Dragonfly! Thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal and leaving this direct link. You are definately a Hoot..Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice macro, the black frame is perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love his show and I really like Walter and Peanut.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great macro
    nice details

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Hoot.. Just trying to get out and about again..... Have a booooooooootful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful details of the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year as well. I love to see the litlle kids all dressed up at the door.
    Your dragonfly has beautiful gossamer wings and wonderful colour. Great photo.
    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice dragonfly shots- great angles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many thanks. It's on my sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's some dragon fly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only 2 months? Good grief!

    Love the angle of the macro!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, this is a beautiful shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice color on that skimmer. We don´t have that kind. :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely color and a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm loving the treats you've been giving out every week, thank you so much:-)

    Ooooh that dragonfly picture is superb, I don't think I've ever seen one that colour before. I remember when I was a little girl and would go fishing with my dad, quite often a dragonfly would come up to the tip of my fishing rod and I'd tell dad it wanted to fish too. lol

    I simply adore Jeff Dunham and watch his dvds over and over again. Walter and Achmed are my favourites:-) I had heard that he was coming out with a book, should be an interesting read. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your site and all of the Halloween festivity! Your macro is magnificent - I have never seen one with that coloring! Great shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing transparency and detail in those wings!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is a REALLY amazing photo of the dragonfly!!!!!!!! I love the detail you can see in the wings.

    ReplyDelete

.