my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Trick 'r' Treat!!

FOLLOW ME TUESDAY linked button on SIDEBAR!!


Click button to join


...come on, grab a piece of hard candy if you dare!!!
keep going...the ruby is in the next photo-----------




You may wonder if this is the candy we 'hand out' to trick or treaters. The answer is no...this candy dish is for us. We like to have a hard candy now and then...and the peppermints are a favorite of ours.


- - -<><><>- - -

HURRICANE RICHARD update:
[now a tropical depression]
"According to Warning Coordination Meteorologist John Metz in Corpus Christi, the storm is forecast to cross over land and return to water at the Bay of Campeche on Tuesday as a tropical depression. Metz said most forecast models indicate that the storm will be hit with a strong southwesterly wind shear once it moves into the Gulf of Mexico, which should keep the storm from reorganizing. The chance of rain in South Texas Thursday or Friday will depend on a cold front that is expected to arrive in the area Thursday. If it does, Metz says the area should remain dry. If the front doesn't arrive until later, there is a chance of heavy rainfall for South Texas. More likely, according to Metz, the rainfall will miss South Texas and move into northeast Mexico."

----ya, and two years ago, the meteorologists said that Hurricane Ike [Sept. 2008] would hit land at a category one also [and it hit the Houston area as a category five?!!] I'll believe this article update by the weekend. Then, I'll be satisfied...one way or another. Altho, wading these past few weeks in the Gulf waters, the water temperature has dropped considerably...that's always a good deterrent for STRONG hurricanes as they thrive in warm water. So, my uneducated guess will be that he peters out mid Gulf...the water is just too cold for him to survive.

27 comments :

  1. I am too scared to get the candy from these skulls. I think I will stay at home and hope no one knocks on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping you're right about that hurricane. We have big storms brewing here too - supposed to hit our area in a few hours, with winds up to 60 mph for the next 2 days. Right now the whole west side of the state is under a tornado watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah! i´m not used to halloween in europe:) funny pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the poem as well as your profile picture. I gather you are a Halloween lover too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful goulish dish. ;) Hubby loves the green peppermints, I'm partial to the red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll pass on the candies. The witch might just grab my hand and nibble on it. Great photos.

    thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dish of candy- I love those peppermints to such, but they're a killer for teeth to bite on.
    Hope you're right about the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to grab a candy but scare to the take one, I may not dare hehehe, it's better if you hand out it to me. Nice RT entry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent RT post. I love peppermint. And yes...GO Rangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay safe sweetie, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Anni, Winston and Tahoe!!
    How are you all today. Mom and Dad have come to the conclusion that meteorology is the art of guessing. Especially where we are smack dab in the middle of NC. We get bits and pieces of weather from the west and the coast but they never really know what will come until it arrives.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the candy dish...I think you like Halloween Anni!
    Do they ever get the weather right!!! hope the storm spares your area!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Annie Sweetie...
    Oh how I love to come and see what you are up to. A little skulling I see. I love the candy dish, and peppermints are one of my favorites too. Love the little witch sitting amongst the peppermints, so cute.

    I will be keeping you in my prayers with this BIG storm coming. Who knows what treasures may be blown on shore though. I will be watching your blog for updates sweetie.

    Thank you for the prayers for Marydon. I so worry about her. You and I both know anytime someone has surgery it can be dangerous as, there is no such thing as a little surgery.

    I hope you are well sweetie. There is no change in my voice, if anything, it has gotten worse. Little by little. Somedays I am stronger than others, but either way it is exhausting pushing out sounds for me. We are checking into a voice apparatus for me. It may solve a few of the frustrations. I just continue to take it one day at a time, and am thankful for what I do have. I have done something to my left knee while trying to help with scraping the house before painting it 2 weeks ago. I am keeping it wrapped and icing it as I can during the day and of an evening. Quite the challenge. I am using my cane for support. I believe it has to do with the movement of going up and down the ladder.

    We will talk soon. I love you sweet friend. May your day be blessed with much happiness and love. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sure hope that you are right about the storm.
    We are having a major cold front here.
    Our temp on Monday dropped like a rock.It was 70 at noon and then it was 49 at 3, brrrr and I forgot my jacket.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Hope you can follow back :)

    http://airforcewifeandmommytwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great candy dish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. maybe u can dol out some of the candies, anyways, it is halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. im your newest follower, dear

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the candy and I helped myself to some... :) I so hope you are right about Richard. I keep up with it on my iPad with my Hurricane Ap. Wish i could send you the info it says but it's the same as where you get your info. Winds are 30MPH and Presurre is 1004mb moving NNW 12 MPH Let's hope you are right :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that's what I call a candy dish...eeeeeekkkkkk!!!! hehe I love peppermints as well and even keep a bag of them in the car:-)

    It's pouring rain here and very windy today, the side door was almost ripped out of my hands when I went out earlier. I'm wondering from what storm system we're getting that from! I do hope that Hurricane Richard peters out before it gets to you...fingers crossed!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. DO you keep the skeleton loaded with candy aol year round?

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love peppermint candy, too...

    Yesterday, tsunami, earth quakes and volcano eruption happened at different locations in my country and took many victims :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'll have some, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very original idea, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. yeah I better not to picked up the candy because it is too scary hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow...I've always got candy on the brain too...lol

    I'm a new follower still checking out everyone from Follow Me Back Tuesday! I Would love a follow back :) It would be awesome if you could also follow me on Networked Blogs & Facebook too!

    Thanks, Misty
    http://MistysThoughtsToo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

.